Gaiseric: the first god hand???

Ok, this theory was actually born of this topic:
http://www.skullknight.net/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=2124;start=25
But it's whole different theory, and i thought it needed it's own topic. I was also hoping that if i gave it it's own topic, it would get responses from more people so i could get more opinions. Sorry if this is considered spamming or something, I wasn't really sure.

As we all know, there are two kinds of "festivals".

1.) Rebirth festival, comes around every 1000 years. A god hand is reborn.
2.) Initiation fesival: (These aren't official names, just what i'm calling them.) A god hand is created, comes around every 216 years.

The only initiation festival we've seen occur in the manga was Griff's. The only rebirth we've seen was Griff's. We know that at least two years passed between these two because of that tiny "two years later" box we see shortly before Gatts meets Jill for the first time. Many other events occured between these two festivals, so we'll estimate it was a passage of 3 years time.

Skullknight told Gatts that a rebirth festival occurs every 1000 years. From this statement, i think we can assume that at least one other rebirth occured in the past. Therefore, the last rebirth came 1000 years before the rebrirth we saw. For a rebirth to occur, at least one god hand must already have existed to be reborn. Counting back by 216, and adding the 3 we get these dates for initiation festivals.

1.) 1083 years before griffith's rebirth.
2.) 867 years before griffith's rebirth.
3.) 651 years before griffith's rebirth.
4.) 435 years before griffith's rebirth.
5.) 219 years before griffith's rebirth.
6.) 3 years before griffith's rebirth.

This gives us 6 total god hand. Go any further back and you would have too may. Don't go back that far and there was no one to be reborn during the first rebirth. If i had to venture which order they went in, i'd say this:

1.) Gaiseric/Skully
2.) Void
3.) Conrad
4.) Ubik
5.) Slann
6.) Griffith

Reason for this? This is 6 total god hand. Two have been reborn. The second of which is Griffith. The first would be Gaiseric. Obviously it couldn't be Void or the others, because they were there. You might ask "Can't a god hand go back after they're reincarnated?" Perhaps they can, but if they did, it would leave us with too many god hand. Gaiseric must have been the one reborn at the first rebirth festival. Why does that make Gaiseric the first god hand? Simple. The second god hand didn't even exist until 867 years before Griffith's rebirth. The first one is the only would that could have been reborn. Therefore, I conclude that Gaiseric, or Skull Knight, was in fact the very first god hand.

Feedback?

FateINwaiting

Berserk must be mine!
Maybe Gaiseric sacrificed his own kingdome and he alone was the cause of its destrucktion. And no wise man was involved in its downfall. Skully is basicly an unknown veriable to bring ballence maybe? Maybe the "Idea" maybed something out of positive feelings in the form of skully? if it can work on despair why cant "Idea" work on the other side of feelings.?

Um.... why does there have to be a first one? Ok, there are some now, and unless they all came into existence together, there was a first one. If you are saying they all appeared together, you're contradicting the thing about one being created every 216 years.

himura_kenshin said:
Um.... why does there have to be a first one? Ok, there are some now, and unless they all came into existence together, there was a first one. If you are saying they all appeared together, you're contradicting the thing about one being created every 216 years.

Hmmm... i really wondered y everyone on this board are interested in speculating the event of the past 1000 yrs, there had been 3 related topic going on at the same time... :-\

It is really hard to think SK was a GH once but there is still such a possibility, the only unfortunate things is that the wise man cannot be Void (due 200 yrs different)...

Himura, ur analogy is really neat, perhap u r one of those who could read muira's mind ;)

Actually, the wiseman could still be void. The downfall of gaiserics kingdom, though i originally thought it was the rebirth of a god hand, seems more likely now to be the birth of void. Gaiseric/Skully was reborn, gathered a kingdom, and void/wiseman sacrificed it. This theory works out on the timeline, explains gaiserics history AND gives gaiseric a reason to hate void. It seemed perfect to me at first. The only major flaw is that it doesn't explain what those 4/5 angels were, since there would have been no god hand at that point (only gaiseric, and he was reborn at this time).

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
himura_kenshin said:
Actually, the wiseman could still be void. The downfall of gaiserics kingdom, though i originally thought it was the rebirth of a god hand, seems more likely now to be the birth of void. Gaiseric/Skully was reborn, gathered a kingdom, and void/wiseman sacrificed it. This theory works out on the timeline, explains gaiserics history AND gives gaiseric a reason to hate void. It seemed perfect to me at first. The only major flaw is that it doesn't explain what those 4/5 angels were, since there would have been no god hand at that point (only gaiseric, and he was reborn at this time).

I definitely say that Void was the wiseman/minister. Where else could the four 'angels' have been called from except by someone who had some knowledge or magic and the spirit world? Of course you can speculate, as I said, that the four angels could be earth, wind, water, and fire, and adding the fifth would be the most unstable, shadow.

LG

Yeah, that sounds right. I've heard it speculated that the "wiseman" was actually flora and that japanese pronouns are often non-gender specific.

They could've been elementals, but void calling elementals? I dun really think so, but maybe. *shrug*. But if the angels weren't elementals, what were they? People might say god hand, but there weren't that many of them around yet!

Top Bottom