when you're weary

puella

Berserk forever
A long time ago, there's a song starting with "when you're weary, feeling small..." for sure you all know this song.
yup, you say "hey,get to the point right now"? oh,this is my point.
when you're weary, who can console you?
Judeau, Caska(sane), Puck, Jill, Rickert....?
berserk has many warm-hearted persons but I'd think Guts can soothe me best when I'm exhausted or discouraged.
the reason? I'm sure you guys know better than me.
Guts' desperate fighting makes me keep going on and on.
Actually, when I had a bad flu and injury(they happened almost at the same time) about two months ago, I could get over them with Guts Spirit--- I call like this.
Funny? but it is true Guts, little more than a character of the manga, always occupies my mind more than any other my friend in real world.
If I am asked to choose characters I want to have as my best friend, however, I'd take Puck and Judeau definitely. Both can be everybody's good friend though their styles are quite different.
And Zodd!!
I mean though I don't think Guts can be people's best friend, his strong will can help us conquer all difficulties. So, as for me, Guts can be a good consolation when I'm weary.

puella

Berserk forever
Your a very nice girl but some times I don't know what your saying. ???
Oh, sorry. your mention above is pretty natural.
that's because my English is imperfect and  I have odd thought sometimes. Besides I put my posts during the recess so I can't check if my post makes sense thoroughly.
but this time I think my topic was quite simple, isn't it? ???

bytheway) I'd say thank you guys.
Though I make you confused so many times, you always leave good replies to me.
and I do hope my imperfect English won't bother you because I'll put my posts whenever a certain idea occurs to me. :-[

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
A long time ago, there's a song starting with "when you weary, feeling small..." for sure you all know this song.
Hey I know that song...its Now and Forever by Richard Marx...I think ;D

Judeau, Caska(sane), Puck, Jill, Rickert....?
berserk has many warm-hearted persons
I have friends that are much like these characters!!

Guts' desperate fighting makes me keep going on and on.
In some ways Guts is like Solid Snake. Both just want to be left alone to lead there own lives in solitude. But damn it, they do not realize that they are so damn interesting and inspirng in so many way. They attract other people like moths to light in darkness. These guys don't even know it, and hell, they could care less. They hate it when people get close to them, because then they begin to care for them (Caska and Meryl respectively). And if there is a good cause to fight for, they get dragged into it somehow (unwillingly :D), get too involved through certain circumstances, and stay in it to the end. Good times!!

Actually, when I had a bad flu and injury(they happened  almost at the same time) about two months ago,
I could get over them with Guts Spirit--- I call like this.
Funny? but it is true Guts, little more than a character of the manga, always occupies my mind more than any other my friend in real world.
It's cool that you found a strength in his character to aid you in real life, but I would not get too 'attached'. Ya know what I mean?

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you or make judgements on your english. It's not that actually. Being spanish and having spanish friends I'm used to hearing different types of English (what I call Span-glish). It's your topics that I admit throw me off guard. To answer your post The one Line that I always think of that's inspirational is when Skull Knight gave Guts his sword and said "Fight. The way you always have". That may not be the exact quote as my memory is fading at the ripe old age of 25. But that line works for me. There other lines (Harlock has a couple, so does Gai from GaoGaiGar) but the SK one sticks out the most. ;)

puella

Berserk forever
I have friends that are much like these characters!!
good for you!!

as my memory is fading at the ripe old age of 25.
Oh, no. you check my profile? I'm the oldest here.
If your memory is fading, mine can be said "has gone already" ?and I wasn't offended at all.

but I would not get too 'attached'. Ya know what I mean?
yeah, quite a lot. Always my problem is to enjoy too much imagination.

bytheway) Gosh~ that song is one of good oldies "bridge over troubled water" by Simon and Garffunkle.
maybe this time I'm so old-fashioned for you all.
here's that song.
http://members.aol.com/webmisstrish/botwlyrics.html

puella

Berserk forever
actually it's "bridge over troubled water" by simon and garfunkel.
I guess you are fond of various kinds of music very much.
what kind of music do you like best?
What do you think of Jazz? :)

bytheway) this is drawn by a Korean(don't know who)
http://cafe17.daum.net/_c21_/pds_down_hdn/s12130052.jpg?grpid=2EXu&fldid=4P3&dataid=252&grpcode=berserk21&realfile=s12130052.jpg
good?

Vermillion

I just got the song from morpheus and damn!!...I remember  that song! This song was waaaay before my time though. I have very feint memories of this song....I'm talkin' bout going into the deepest recesses of memory now.

Could they be referring to Griffith in the 'silver girl' part :p ?? hahaha

puella

Berserk forever
I just got the song from morpheus and damn!!...
I hope we can see Guts sleep in the arms of Morpheus. :p
yeah, it is pretty damn quite old song.
and whose song do you think fit in with berserk?
tell me any singer in your mind.
emmmm~ I think

pop singer :Iggy Pop(Guts' theme ;he looks like Godd ^_^)
classical composer: Wagner('Valkire' at the battle scene)
jazz musician : Miles Davis(Griffith's theme)
film music composer : Moris Jarre(love theme) :)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
I hope we can see Guts sleep in the arms of Morpheus. :p
yeah, it is pretty damn quite old song.
and whose song do you think fit in with berserk?
tell me any singer in your mind.
emmmm~ I think

pop singer :Iggy Pop(Guts' theme ;he looks like Godd ^_^)
classical composer: Wagner('Valkire' at the battle scene)
jazz musician : Miles Davis(Griffith's theme)
film music composer : Moris Jarre(love theme)  :)

i think hirasawa's work fits better...

Vermillion

Some Berserk fans, including me, think that Hans Zimmer's musical pieces from the movie Gladiator would suite Berserk well. Specifically, "Progeny", "The Wheat" and "The Battle"(should be heard during the 'eclipse massacre' chapters).

And If Berserk ends in a semi-sad way (Guts dying an honorable death, Caska becomes her old self again, proud and strong, and lives on raising their newborn son/daughter, Griffith pays for his sins, God Hand annihilated and balance is brought to the Berserk world...all thanks to Guts ofcourse!!) then I think the 'Now we are free' piece will fit the mood too.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Some Berserk fans, including me, think that Hans Zimmer's musical pieces from the movie Gladiator would suite Berserk well. Specifically, "Progeny", "The Wheat" and "The Battle"(should be heard during the 'eclipse massacre' chapters).

And If Berserk ends in a semi-sad way (Guts dying an honorable death, Caska becomes her old self again, proud and strong, and lives on raising their newborn son/daughter, Griffith pays for his sins, God Hand annihilated and balance is brought to the Berserk world...all thanks to Guts ofcourse!!) then I think the 'Now we are free' piece will fit the mood too.

That thought has crossed my mind as well. Although Hirasawa is my choice for any berserk related music I agree that Hans Zimmer would do a great score as well. I think the content of and style of Berserk would lend itself to a unique interpretation by Danny Elfman. I like his sleepy hollow score quite a bit. :)

puella

Berserk forever
oh, vermillion and kenoh- sama, yours are good!!
I feel like watching berserk movie!
Hans Zimmer and Dany Elfaman are so cool.
emm, another guy comes upon in my mind.
James Hornor~(the legends of fall...)
I often think Guts is like Tristan(Brad Pitt) and Hornor's epic score
fits in Middle age.
I want to have a music for berserk that is so grand, brave and sad a little bit.

ruru

nani?
In some ways Guts is like Solid Snake. Both just want to be left alone to lead there own lives in solitude. But damn it, they do not realize that they are so damn interesting and inspirng in so many way. They attract other people like moths to light in darkness. These guys don't even know it, and hell, they could care less. They hate it when people get close to them, because then they begin to care for them (Caska and Meryl respectively). And if there is a good cause to fight for, they get dragged into it somehow (unwillingly ), get too involved through certain circumstances, and stay in it to the end. Good times!!

Except Gattz don Have no Mullet - heh. :p

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
good for you!!

Oh, no. you check my profile? I'm the oldest here.
If your memory is fading, mine can be said "has gone already" ?and I wasn't offended at all.

yeah, quite a lot. Always my problem is to enjoy too much imagination.

bytheway) Gosh~ that song is one of good oldies "bridge over troubled water" by Simon and Garffunkle.
maybe this time I'm so old-fashioned for you all.
here's that song.
http://members.aol.com/webmisstrish/botwlyrics.html
no you are not the oldest. i am a good candidate. i just not remember if i put it in my profile ...let us say i could be the senior of Azan in the army

puella

Berserk forever
no you are not the oldest. i am a good candidate. i just not remember if i put it in my profile ...let us say i could be the senior of Azan in the army
you make me :-[
and nice to meet you roberto999 :-*

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Oh! I forgot! When I am weary a REAL berserker console me.But is name is not Guts:it is Fix. Normally he destroy everything he likes in dog form.

Top Bottom