Blade of the immortal??

qbanlink

"What has been taken by the SWORD, Must be re
Do you think they'll ever make an anime series of Blade of the immortal? What new anime or series do you guys recommend to buy? Good animes such as Berserk, Trigun, Dragonball Z, and so on.

qbanlink

Dragonball Z is not an awesome anime compared to berserk and trigun but it was entertaining. Anyways, can anyone recommend any good animes?

Kuroi-san

Gonna do something, or just stand there and bleed?
The first saga is somewhat interesting. The rest is a load of shit.

Get off DBZ and get onto Hokuto no Ken.

qbanlink

The first saga is somewhat interesting. The rest is a load of shit.

Get off DBZ and get onto Hokuto no Ken.

What type of anime is that? Is it similar to the style of berserk or the style of trigun or completely different such as Vimpire Hunter D (another great anime)? Is that the only name it is known by "Hokuto no Ken" ? Can you explain what the anime is about in a brief description?

Kuroi-san

Vimpire Hunter D

:D

Man, you're almost as funny as the MIDI I found for the theme of Sonic Adventure 2. Gods, the music is bad enough already!

http://www.sonicfoundation.org/music/sonicadventure2/LiveNLearn_SA2MainTheme.mid

Ever heard of Fist of the North Star?

qbanlink

Yeah, thats a good anime? Why is that the english name? Why am I funny, cuz I don't know the japanese name of an anime? I just want to know good animes. :eek:

Kuroi-san

The fact that you're funny is that you've listed Dragonball Z and Vampire Hunter D as 'good' animes. Haha, best one I heard in months.

Anyhow, Fist of the North Star is Hokuto no Ken's english name.

BOB

poruno sutâ
yes!!!! this one really has depth and brains :D

Simple hack & slay entertainment, like the ninja scroll anime.
I would recommend watching both, tho.

You're just interested in series or movies, too?

series: Cowboy bebop, inu yasha, FLCL was entertaining, i loved doraemon and record of lodoss war is great for roleplay fans, rurouni kenshin OVA 1, Escaflowne and so on and so on

movies: everything ghibli (mononoke, nausicaa, totoro, spirited away), Jin-roh, akira, ghost in the shell, ok hokuto no ken, ninja scroll, urotsukidoji (I+II rest is only hentai, I+II are hentai and some story)

BOB

poruno sutâ
kinda liked devilman when i first stumbled over the manga through the verotik stuff. the anime ain't bad.
how is violence jack compared to it? trashy or cool?

Kuroi-san

I haven'y seen Devilman. Want to, though.

Violence Jack is total shit. All it is is hack hack hack, rape rape rape.

qbanlink

I don't know how the hell you can say Vampire hunter D: BloodLust is a shitty or bad anime. I thought the anime was great. You probably like funny anime or lovey dovey animes. I don't like funny animes, for that I just watch a comedy movie. I like anime with action and a good story where characters are well developed. Escaflowne was an ok anime....I have the series. Kenshin is pretty good, i also have the series. Lodoss wars was good (favorite character is the berserker...reminds me of Gutts). But I want to know of a good recent anime, something is only a couple of years old (3-5 years old). Sometime of the same calibar of Berserk or Trigun. I will look into the animes you just mention.

Markaveli

Peace out, homie!
This guy reminds me of someone...

By the way, wasn't this topic about Blade of the Immortal!?

About other anime, after Berserk everything was a dissapointment for me, but I'm checking out Argento Soma and Crest of the Stars now, they both seem to be quite good. Didn't see enough to give any detailed info here though.

Argento Soma is a little Evangelion like... but different. The story looks to be very interesting, with good characters.

Crest of the Stars is a Sci-Fi/Fantasy anime, wich also looks like it will have a very interesting story and chars.

"I don't like funny animes, for that I just watch a comedy movie."

I don't like action animes, for that I just watch an action movie.

Doesn't make sense, does it?

Can't think of any pure action animes at the moment...

I don't really understand the popularity of Trigun. It just doesn't do anything for me. Hellsing is good (not great) imo, and it is pretty much a blatant combination of Trigun and Vampire Hunter D, graphically at least. Walter also looks like he borrowed something from Yurimaru of Ninja Scroll. It's definitely a good watch if you don't expect Berserk though. I'm watching Full Metal Panic now, which is made by the same studio as Hellsing, and it's not bad for an action/comedy series. Nonetheless, CG still looks out of place in anime for me.

As for BOTI, it doesn't seem popular enough to go to anime.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I just been chuckling at Kuroi-san, I can agree with the laughing side of this. Dragonball Z eh? :D

Anyway, I think Hellsing was a huge let down after the 9th Episode, and it wasn't a scratch on Trigun.
You probably like funny anime or lovey dovey animes.
Nothing wrong with a broad outlook on life boy. Watch Love Hina and tell me it's crap! *loves that show*
AND I AM A BERSERK FAN! So don't even dream of calling my childish. You're the one who admires DBZ ;)

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Watch Love Hina and tell me it's crap! *loves that show*
Believe it or not, Ive actually seen all of Love Hina.
omfggrossguy.gif

Markaveli

Peace out, homie!
C'mon people, Trigun is not that bad. I only hate the fact that Vash sometimes acts like an idiot, and the ending was kinda.... don't know, lame.

I thought it was a helluva lot better then Hellsing though, but I just have someting againts episodic animes. And Hellsing has no plot.

Kuroi-san

They actually made a show of Love Hina? I read some manga summaries of it, but...

I thought it sounded quite cool.

And by the way qbanlink, saying I like funny or lovey dovey animes is probably the most retarded thing you'll ever say in your entire life.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
You haven't heard of the Love Hina anime? Wow, it seems like everywhere I turn, I hear about it. But yes, there is an anime of Love Hina (already licensed and everything).

Okay, moving along with everything here:

1) I don't know if I ever want to see Blade of the Immortal made into an anime. The art quality of the manga just couldn't be recreated and I think it might just end up looking a feeling pretty cheap and stupid.

2) I personally hate DBZ, but I really liked Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. It's not the best out there, but trust me, there are plenty of worse anime as well. ::)

3) I kind of liked Trigun, but it annoyed me a lot. You can only hear people arguing about who Vash really is so much before you just want to scream. I think it's better suited to people who aren't quite sure who Vash is (wherever they are).

And so ends my marathon answering session. :)

Top Bottom