Episode 229

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Re:we can begin to discuss about chap 229 ;D

and the nifty one :

The shadow which SHIRUKE looked at was the self of guts. The form was barely maintained by the charm which the flora gave. Although it becomes that it is likely to be involved in the whirlpool of the crowding hate and violent emotion -- SHIRUKE is the cell pico and ISHIDORO which fight with an apostle, and shows the image of KYASUKA which waits for them, and FARUNEZE as the guts which is not going to lend an ear even if it addresses. An apostle's threat was also approaching distantly disconnected their origin. SHIRUKE speaks to guts still more. "Your name is guts. Swordsman guts of a brand. It saw that the crisis tended to visit to person" KYASUKA which protects the daughter of a brand, and the soul which had become that it is likely to be smeared away by hate came to self! The guts which regained self runs to the origin of KYASUKA and others who had become that it is likely to be attacked by the apostle. The apostle who was going to eat at any moment and was going to stick was cut and torn, and it stood before them. The helmet was folded up by the back of itself and the bloody face appeared. FARUNEZE which is surprised to look at guts full of cracks. But KYASUKA exposed the hostility over guts as usual. A sad smile was still appearing on the face of guts. GURUMBERUDO which pursues the cell pico and ISHIDORO which have escaped, attacks still more, and comes. But the wall of a flame barred before it and between guts was separated. The true character of a flame is the soul of a flora. The flora was seen out the language of the last moment which put affection to for hands, and they were seen out to the favorite pupil to the new trip. Woods editing of 霊樹 - 完 - new chapter is followed.

roberto999

So Flora's prophecy become true. To bring back Gut's Ego Schierke told him that he was the one protecting Caska. So Caska did really save him from hellfire.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki

Ah... the tripple post.

Very interesting, looks like man vs beast is really man vs man.

I can't wait to see Casca not looking like an invalid again.

roberto999 said:
and the nifty one :

The helmet was folded up by the back of itself and the bloody face appeared. FARNESE is surprised to look at guts full of cracks. A sad smile was still appearing on his face.

Is this the part where his white hairs appears?

This is really an fantastic chapter, Guts band is able to journey to Elfhelm at last... :D

P.S How abt Grunbeld? Is he going to let them go? I really wan to know how long the fire will protect and how it will stop Griffith army from going near them... :-\

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!

Smith said:
How abt Grunbeld? Is he going to let them go?​
I'm sure there will be some kind of a grudge match between Guts and Grunbeld.

Uriel said:
[/center]I'm sure there will be some kind of a grudge match between Guts and Grunbeld.
nope, now that they fought they're friends now. in ep230 they leave to go drink at a local bar.

roberto999

This my attempt to make heads and tails of the chapter (I know the babelfish translation is better :p )
The shadow, which Schierke was looking at, was, of course the ego of Guts.
It was maintained whole, barely, thanks to the protection sign of Flora .
However it is likely to be overwhelmed by the whirlpool of the crowding hate and violent emotion.
Schirke tells him about Serpico and Isidoro which are fighting with an apostle(s), and shows him the image of Casca and Farnese that are waiting for them, but Guts it is not listening.
An apostle's threat is also approaching (to Caska and Farnese ?). Schierke speaks to Guts still more. "Your name is Guts. Guts the branded swordsman."
Apparently at this point (I am not too sure) seeing the danger that menaces Caska, the soul of Guts, which was very likely to be smeared away by hate came back to himself! Guts which has regained himself runs to Caska and the others who are about to be attacked by the apostle(s).
The apostle(s) who was (were) going to eat them is (are) torn to pieces,(an alternative could be: the apostle that Guts was about to become is torn to pieces and Guts regains himself- I am not sure about that) and Guts stands before them.
The helmet is folded up back on itself and the bloody face of Guts appears.
Farnese is surprised by the look of Guts scars (It is refering to the white hairs? But there are no references at them so far ). But Caska is hostile towards Guts as usual. A sad smile appears on the face of Guts.
Grunbeld which pursues Serpico and Isidoro which have escaped, comes and attacks again .
But a wall of a flame separates him from Guts and the others. The flame is really the soul of Flora.
Flora says farewell to hers favorite pupil and wish her good luck for her new trip. This end the Chapter of Flora and the Spirit Tree.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

BTW, the author of the Japanese page states that Guts's hairdo looks really cool in this ep, but as for white hair, they say only this:

"I wonder if it's just my imagination, that it looks like part of Guts's hair has turned white? When you've tasted the kind of agony he has, it would be no surprise for your hair to turn white, I don't think."

Nothing definite... *might* just be an artifact of the artwork. We also *might* have Nick Fury on our hands as Guts. We'll see. :)

this is just some speculation on these recent chapters:
possibly flora's final spell was to summon a fire elemental and merging with it like scheirke did with undine but only to fully embrace its powers and therefore become the fire element.

or maybe its some other spell that allows her spirit to be fire.

what do you all think?

Caska really dun deserve Guts care, i really wan to know y she still hates Guts even so long after the event... Guts is really very pathetic... :'(

And as our dear Grunbeld, he must been a bit disappointed after flora appear becz he cant really do any shit to her...

Finally our Zodd and SK, how r they now... ::)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

Smith said:
Caska really dun deserve Guts care, i really wan to know y she still hates Guts even so long after the event... Guts is really very pathetic... :'(

Seriously! Every time I try to rape my girlfriend, I never hear the end of it! Hell, and she ain't even retarded; her IQ is 93!!

-Griffith

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great

Griffith said:
Seriously! Every time I try to rape my girlfriend, I never hear the end of it! Hell, and she ain't even retarded; her IQ is 93!!

-Griffith

Maybe she dosn't like getting raped. ???

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Its really impressive that some of Guts' hair has just spontaneously turned white. I mean, if it were to start growing white from this, no big deal right? But to just turn white over the few minutes in that armor? That's impressive. ;D

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
Maybe she dosn't like getting raped. ???

Aw, c'mon. If there's anything anime and manga have taught us, it's that all women secretly enjoy getting raped. >:( ::)

EDIT: This lesson is also well illustrated in Paul Verhoeven's "Flesh + Blood". ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Majin Tenshi said:
Its really impressive that some of Guts' hair has just spontaneously turned white. I mean, if it were to start growing white from this, no big deal right? But to just turn white over the few minutes in that armor? That's impressive. ;D
It's not completely white... It's likely just a patch. As I've said before, this is a true-life charictaristic with confronting something that brings out immense stress/fear in a short period of time.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

Walter said:
It's not completely white... It's likely just a patch. As I've said before, this is a true-life charictaristic with confronting something that brings out immense stress/fear in a short period of time.
right, but that changes the roots, not the hair itself. the hair is already pigmented.... too late for it to change any way short of dying or bleaching it.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Darok [Gloombeard!] said:
right, but that changes the roots, not the hair itself. the hair is already pigmented.... too late for it to change any way short of dying or bleaching it.
which was exactly my point. Its impressive that being in the armor actualy bleached some of his hair. ;D

Dark Wanderer

I'm evil :p

Walter said:

Just a patch? Aww, that'd be a little too bad, It'd be kinda cool if he came to have completely white hair, just like griffith :D. (but I doubt that anyone would call him "incredibly beautiful" just because of that, like Sonia did when she saw Griffith ::))

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

Graywords said:
BTW, the author of the Japanese page states that Guts's hairdo looks really cool in this ep, but as for white hair, they say only this:

"I wonder if it's just my imagination, that it looks like part of Guts's hair has turned white? When you've tasted the kind of agony he has, it would be no surprise for your hair to turn white, I don't think."

By that phrase I'm surprised that Caska's hair didn't turn white after her ordeal long ago.
LG

Nothing definite... *might* just be an artifact of the artwork. We also *might* have Nick Fury on our hands as Guts. We'll see. :)

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost

Walter said:

Considering all he's been through it's a wonder it hasn't turned white before. But maybe this whole battle, wearing the armor forged by the elves...getting wounded so badly...I wonder if AOW is going to paint that little white patch on the new Guts statue? ;)

LG

number18

a sci-fi bitch

SO uhhhh......when are the scans gonna be available? =wags tail like an excited puppy=

;D

Top Bottom