Episode 229

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Re:we can begin to discuss about chap 229 ;D

number18 said:
SO uhhhh......when are the scans gonna be available? =wags tail like an excited puppy=

;D
=cuts tail off= We're gonna get scans as soon as saiyajin can get and scan them. Since he hasn't said it'd be the "usual 3 day wait", I'd have to assume it'd be longer.

number18 said:
SO uhhhh......when are the scans gonna be available? =wags tail like an excited puppy=

;D

Well dun worry, Saiya will never forget about us, i m quite sure he will get it by monday, though it may appear much longer... :p

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Hello all, well I have the scan's a whole lot earlier but there are some things that need to be established.

1. I lost my check card this past weekend. Since I do not have this and will not have this, if my site exceeds it's bandwidth (which it likes to do often) I will not be able to purchase more till I get my new card which will be for another 2 weeks.

With this, I have zipped up the current chapter and have talked to Walter and am waiting for him to hit me back saying that he has finished downloading them so he can mirror them. So as soon as I get that, I will post the most glorious scans! ;D

Saiyjin

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

YAY!

I think I'll do darkened ones again. Look for em no earlier then 12 hours from now. (I've got to get to sleep soon, then I have morning classes)

Oh, and Guts' chin has become the easiest way to tell how much the beast is in controle... ;D

Bloody hell, the last page of the chapter seems to reveal that the next chapter won't appear until the NOVEMBER 14TH issue of Young Animal. How gay is that?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Boco_T said:
How gay is that?
Wonderful choice of words there, gaybasher. Shall we torch up the coons next? What about those dirty Jews?

Seriously though, awesome chapter. Page 13 is one of the best Guts close-ups I can recall in a good, long while.

Oh, and Flora is hot. Shall we re-open discussion on her being the female figure on Skully's horse? 8)

Wow. <3 <3 to Walter and Saiyajin. Guts' expreesions on pg 13/14 are really powerful to me. The way he's getting misty eyed...poor poor man =/ Wonder if the burned and/or otherwise missing skin on his face will scar up.

When Guts saves Serpico's and Ishidoro's asses their expressions are hilarious :p

Anyone else think things will be switching back to Griffith's side of the story within the next few issues, if not by next issue? ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Majin Tenshi said:
I wonder if Guts hair is gonna stay flat like that, or if its just matted with blood and will go back to standing up straight.
We've seen it like this before. Another example is in volume 16.

As for the helmet, it looks like it retracted of its own volition, or by Guts' command. And while I can't find a panel where we can still see it resting on his back, I'm willing to bet it's still there... somehow, beyond all logic and explanation.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Wow, excellent chapter! Big thanks (some people might say as usual) to SayajinNoOuji and Walter!

Oh, and this picture end an old discution about how the beast helmet work... ;)

07.jpg

M

medievald00d

Walter said:

As for the helmet, it looks like it retracted of its own volition, or by Guts' command. And while I can't find a panel where we can still see it resting on his back, I'm willing to bet it's still there... somehow, beyond all logic and explanation.
Sliding rivets can retract the way Guts' helm did, and its a technique that was used back then too. As for the retracting on its own volition, dwarven magic.

Walter said:

Well, I meant physically tossing it later, as it's the direct manifestation of something he's trying to avoid. I don't think it's likely that he would toss it, unless/until he eventually gets rid of the whole suit of armor.

O

Ozmo

Boco_T said:
Bloody hell, the last page of the chapter seems to reveal that the next chapter won't appear until the NOVEMBER 14TH issue of Young Animal. How gay is that?

Significantly gayer than not releasing it next week, but not quite as much as having sex with other men.

An excellent ending for an excellent bunch of chapters. Now I again can't wait to see what happens next. ;D

Thanks to Walter and Sayajin and everybody else once more.

Ryan

Whale-man, we hardly knew you.
Anyone else go "WHOA" when they saw how Guts threw the DS? I mean, he tossed the thing about 20 feet, through one apostle, and into the head of the other. That's gotta be the biggest show of strength he's done yet. This little episode with the armor must have increased his influence of the physical world a boat-load.

Ryan

What can i say?... I m just totally speechless... :-X

Story just keep on getting better and better... wat can i still say other than admitting Muira is genius...?

Finally the chapter on Flora assualt had just ended... I was wondering if they ever met trouble again at Elfhelm right after this event (like for example encountering Locus... ;D), otherwise the story will more or less switch to Griffith side... Be prepared :'(

Btw i was nearly forgetting Zodd and SK... :p

You guys are great. Thanks Ouji, thanks Walter.
And I agree, this episode's drawings are amazing.
Wait 'til November 14th will be hard, but I'm sure 230 will be even better.

As always, thank you Saiyajin for the great scans and Walter for hosting a mirrior of it.

Incredible chapter. I can't really add more to what others have already said. I'd expect 230 will have half the chapter with aftermath of what happened (Gattsu group deciding to keep on going to Elfhome, Skullknight and Zoddo parting, Groenveld fuming and fighting with Flora, etc.) and the other half would return to Griffith (with Zoddo and Groenveld returning to him to explain what happened?)

Anyways, Muira is my hero. His work is as incredible as always. And I like Gattsu's expression when the helmet retracts, he looks more peaceful a happy sadness after all that rage if that makes any sense. At least perhaps now he'll find a new motivation to keep on fighting other than just his rage. Only time will tell.

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
With a combined effort with myself and Walter, the scan's are now up! It goes up to 21 folks! Enjoy!!!!!

Here is my hosted site
http://kuroikenshi.150m.com/Pics/Current%20YA/Chapter%20229/01.jpg
Here is the mirror
http://skullknight.net/manga/229/01.jpg

I wanna have your babies.

Walter said:
Wonderful choice of words there, gaybasher. Shall we torch up the coons next? What about those dirty Jews?

The word 'gay', nowadays, is usually used to express that something is 'lame or stupid', not homosexual, although that use still persists.

And Jews are dirty. I thought everyone knew that. :p ;D

P

psymont

flora was hot when she was young .... yes indeedy

guts white hair patch looks neat ....

does guts' helm fold back like a japanese fan? thats the impression i got

what about of guts' broken bones? how is he going to take the armor off with all those wounds ....

i am so glad he is not trapped like sk inside the armor .... i was kinda worried that we wouldnt see his face again

Top Bottom