Episode 229

THE BEAST said:
agreed, i wonder what his hair is going to look like spiked again.....

I had this feeling that everytime Guts uses this armor, he will get more and more white hair... Who knows if that really happen... :p

If it indeed switch to Griffith side, it would a long long time be4 we can see Guts and his band again, and most probably like Ozmo said, it would be many month or years later, where his crew can be seen in Elfhelm ;)

P.S Not too much speculation though, but i hope to get the background of the armor with Gaiseric/Skully within the near future... :)

puella said:
Page 19)

Flora: Life can change only its form.
We may meet again in your dream.

thanks, i guess that clears that one up. So she's not fire element but what though? Is she one with the Astral realm completely and can just take on all forms?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Nadiaska said:
I also find! And flora is very pretty :)

The way Flora was positioned, she almost reminded me of the woman on Skully's armor. But that's probably just me (pointless interlude ;D)

H

Herald of Galactor

8) Good stuff as always. Thanks Saiyajin! Thanks Walter!

That panel on pg. 17 with Schierke crying really got to me; made me think of me dear old Gran's funeral.

Am I the only one who thinks Guts should attatch a chain to the DS and just swing it around like a homicidal lawnmower?

M

medievald00d

Herald of Galactor said:
Am I the only one who thinks Guts should attatch a chain to the DS and just swing it around like a homicidal lawnmower?
You mean Chainsaw, and yes, you are the only one.

kimchan said:
The way Flora was positioned, she almost reminded me of the woman on Skully's armor. But that's probably just me (pointless interlude ;D)

No, youre not alone. I personally think that was intentional.

Herald of Galactor said:

I also once thought of such ideas when i saw one of the Mozgues disciple wielding that chain weapon, with the chain attach to DS, Guts is able to change his melee to ranged attack and slaughter his enemy before they can even get close... (examle like the one in 229), yet i quickly dispose this idea becz it would be a big problem if the chain got entangle... :p

secilj

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Thanks, SaiyajinNoOuji. ;)

Hmmm, the break will be quite long, one and a half month. :( Maybe I gotta read Berserk again from the beginning.
BTW, young Flora was very charming. Now I can see why Skully and Voidy have splitted up and fought for a thousand years. ;D

Legato 2057

The Grey Wolf
Smith said:
I also once thought of such ideas when i saw one of the Mozgues disciple wielding that chain weapon, with the chain attach to DS, Guts is able to change his melee to ranged attack and slaughter his enemy before they can even get close... (examle like the one in 229), yet i quickly dispose this idea becz it would be a big problem if the chain got entangle... :p

It's not a bad idea except that he already has a ranged attack: his throwing knives that he learned to use from Judeau. Not to mention that swinging a 300 lb weapon would be impossible. Guts simply does not have the mass to stay in place when it is swinging. Then again I don't see how it is possible to even swing it like a sword, so anything is possile. ;D

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Legato 2057 said:
It's not a bad idea except that he already has a ranged attack: his throwing knives that he learned to use from Judeau. Not to mention that swinging a 300 lb weapon would be impossible. Guts simply does not have the mass to stay in place when it is swinging. Then again I don't see how it is possible to even swing it like a sword, so anything is possile. ;D
check the BerserK PS2 game video...

magus1234

I'm a llama!
was it already brought up that the fact that skullknight never takes his gear off is because his body is probably so mutalated that he couldn't or he would die?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
magus1234 said:
was it already brought up that the fact that skullknight never takes his gear off is because his body is probably so mutalated that he couldn't or he would die?
He's probably a hollow shell under the armor. The beherit makes a Ka-rang sound when it drops "inside" him. Plus the guy can swallow his own sword. Not to mention he's 1000 years old. That'd be some knappy flesh.

kimchan said:

I hadn´t noticed this yet, but I agreed with you! I´m very curious about the relationship between Skull and Flora and Flora´s fate in the next chapters.

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
Hmmm great chapter, but I do wonder how they are going to heal Gut's wound at the hands of Slann? The armor, as far as we know, merely takes away pain and adds prosthetic intrusions to shattered limbs, but it doesnt really *heal* the wearer. That in itself may preclude Guts from taking the armor off again until Elfheim.

(by the way, who thinks Elfheim by the time they reach it will be a smoldering ruin a la Flora's crib?)

J

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Godo said:
Hmmm great chapter, but I do wonder how they are going to heal Gut's wound at the hands of Slann? The armor, as far as we know, merely takes away pain and adds prosthetic intrusions to shattered limbs, but it doesnt really *heal* the wearer. That in itself may preclude Guts from taking the armor off again until Elfheim.

(by the way, who thinks Elfheim by the time they reach it will be a smoldering ruin a la Flora's crib?)

J
*Raises hand in solemn resignation*

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
Majin Tenshi said:
I don't see where people got this idea that Guts threw the DS this chapter. I don't see anything of the sort.

Finally somebody saying aloud what I have been thinking all along... I really thought I missed something...

Page 9 is when he seems to throw it, page 10 he catches up to it and finishes the starfish apostle.

He probably did in fact throw it, look at serpico on the panels of page 10...first panel, the sword flies in, little wind blowing in from the projectile. Then the next panel Guts comes in and SHOOM Serps' hair and cloak are blowing along with the wind caused by Guts' frame coming in at a high speed.

Also last time we saw Guts move like a whirlwind, you could make out the shape of his body/head, in this case you do not. Not only that, but on the first panel of page 10 there is no hand grasping the DS.

So, to save Ishidoro and puck/save time to get to Caska, Guts chucks the DS, catches up to it, gets it free of the starfish's head by completely decapitating it, then continues on to the more important task at hand ;D

Top Bottom