Episode 229

M

medievald00d

I dont know if im the only one, but I hate the white hair.

To me, it represents the copying of a bunch of anime/mangas. I mean, Im sure we could count many anime/mangas where a character turns his hair white...Its not cool anymore, and its definitely not original. I fell into this series for its good plot and originality, and suddenly its just lost a bit of its originality.

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
pheonixfenix said:

To me, it represents the copying of a bunch of anime/mangas. I mean, Im sure we could count many anime/mangas where a character turns his hair white...Its not cool anymore, and its definitely not original. I fell into this series for its good plot and originality, and suddenly its just lost a bit of its originality.

It's definitely appropriate though. Extremely appropriate. He's been through an insane amount of stress in this battle. His body wanted to accept that it was destroyed, but his new armor wouldn't let him die.

In other words, he could carelessly throw his body around and do whatever he wants with it. No fear, no pain, and something that seems to be sort of a regeneration type effect with his armor, except he's losing blood. I mean, DIVING into his enemy with the DS shows that he completely let go of everything and concentrated solely on his hatred.

If that amount of stress on his body and psyche wouldn't turn his hair white, I don't know what else would. We had to expect something other than his normal body piercing injuries. Having patches of white hair in his mid-20s though, I reckon he'll be purchasing some "Just For Men" Gel soon.

M

medievald00d

I didnt say it wasnt appropriate, i said that it was unoriginal. Anyways, does hair turn white instantly when this insane amount of stress occurs? I mean, he was in the armour for what could have been at most 3 hours...can a patch of someones hair actually turn white in that amount of time?

Lastly, i want to reiterate. Its unoriginal. You see this hair turn white thing everywhere...I mean, im sure there are other ways to show insane amounts of stress...oh wait, thats right. Insanity. Like the beast? Im sure there are many other ways to show stress, its just that someone got lazy and gave him white hair...

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
pheonixfenix said:

I don't like it much either, but I'll get used to it. Besides, it's just a patch of hair, Berserk's going to be okay. Besides, I don't think the whole wandering swordsman out for revenge bit could be considered very original, and yet I hear no complaints from you.

pheonixfenix said:
I didnt say it wasnt appropriate, i said that it was unoriginal. Anyways, does hair turn white instantly when this insane amount of stress occurs? I mean, he was in the armour for what could have been at most 3 hours...can a patch of someones hair actually turn white in that amount of time?

Hair can't necessarily turn white the way it did with Guts. If it's already grown out, the hair is dead, so it's color would not change. But no one's ever been able to conclude whether or not stress will make it suddenly go white at the root. The closest thing I've heard is that pigmented hairs tend to fall out when someone is stressed and could make white hair stand out more, but that would only work if Guts already had a lot of white hair. So, in conclusion, it wouldn't work in real life, but who cares, it's manga. ;D

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Majin Tenshi said:
The beast isn't even that seperate. Its a manifistation of his rage. Its a part of him that he struggles to control.

The reason hes got that calm expression is that he braught his rage under control.
Yes and while the beast may be reflecting some of his feelings it's taking them to new extreme's, such as trying to rape Caska he may want to fuck her like an animal but that does not mean he does. However the beast makes him do it.

By the way I just got a bitchin new retarded way to spell "brought". ;)

Viral Harvest

Every Knee Bent Too Shall Break
Well, considering the fact that the armor itself DOES have incredibly magical properties, I'd say white hair suits the situation just fine. It's almost as if he's purged himself of a ridiculous amount of anger. My bet is that Guts is more focused than ever now.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
pheonixfenix said:
Lastly, i want to reiterate. Its unoriginal. You see this hair turn white thing everywhere...I mean, im sure there are other ways to show insane amounts of stress...oh wait, thats right. Insanity. Like the beast? Im sure there are many other ways to show stress, its just that someone got lazy and gave him white hair...

Maybe you're just reading too much into the whole thing and that's why you sound like a dipshit? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, though. Lastly, I want to reiterate, you sound like a dipshit.

-Griffith

Viral Harvest said:
Well, considering the fact that the armor itself DOES have incredibly magical properties, I'd say white hair suits the situation just fine. It's almost as if he's purged himself of a ridiculous amount of anger. My bet is that Guts is more focused than ever now.

Ok Viral, your Guts is the best.

P

psymont

Griffith said:
Maybe you're just reading too much into the whole thing and that's why you sound like a dipshit? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from, though. Lastly, I want to reiterate, you sound like a dipshit.

-Griffith

he might be right .... maybe guts should start mumbling and threatening to acost people at the work place instead

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
pheonixfenix said:
Lastly, i want to reiterate. Its unoriginal.

Yeah, and what's truly unoriginal is that in Berserk when people get cut they just bleed. I mean, man, is Miura that lazy that he can't think of something better than people bleeding when they get cut? ::)

Anyways, I don't care about the patch of white hair. I find it appropriate and that's all that matters, not every little insignificant detail has to be or can be original.

Guys, remember this is a manga, not real life: you can't search for a logical explanation for everything that happens in berserk, particularly after the introduction of magic.
And, sorry, but I don't think a small white patch in Guts' hair is enough to say berserk is not original.
At least, IMHO.

Sancho Panza said:
Guys, remember this is a manga, not real life: you can't search for a logical explanation for everything that happens in berserk, particularly after the introduction of magic.
And, sorry, but I don't think a small white patch in Guts' hair is enough to say berserk is not original.
At least, IMHO.

The hair turning white because of magic. It may be an explenation although I don't think Miura had this in mind. But I guess we can try to presume that Gatsu's white hair has to do with his spirit as people would perceive it. Remeber spirits are now manifestating in the real world and Gatsu merges with the spirits' world so it could be this a basis of a theory although I find it too much.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
dude, that's a fucking retarded thing, orginality has nothing to do with bodily effects, it's like saying "oh, he has to use the bathroom at a time like this? how unoriginal" bodily fuctions do not cease in order to appear orginal and this is more original then most animes I see, this isn't a sign of his power, a change in him, his KI being to great, no it's a fucking sign of stress on his body which you don't see in other animes. you don't see main characters who have a beast that tells them every moment to kill rape and maim, no no, that's not original now is it? in closing I would like to say fuck you.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Wow, and I thought I was being a little harsh, now I kinda feel for the guy. I just thought it was stupid that he was making such a big thing out of a minute detail (especially after claiming he was interested in plot and characters and now I guess he's focusing on what Guts is doing with his hair). I was being honest though, I thought he was looking way too much into it (especially at this early point) and he sounded like a little jerkofff...er..I mean dipshit for it. But, does he really deserve having the whole board gang up on him?

-Griffith

P.S. Okay, yeah, he deserves it for that "lazy" remark. ;)

puella

Berserk forever
I wonder why Flora shows up in the form of flame.
No doubt it means her body is dead in the real world.

But why the flame?
In order to stop Grunbled, fire to fire?
Or
It also implies she died in the flame?

Or....
nothing? ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I think that somewhat Flora is linked to the Tree (that was her home), it died in the flames and so did Flora. The flames that stopped Grunbeld, I suspect, were the flames that were burning the Tree. I also suspect that those flames are really the way of passing at another plane of existence for Flora and the Tree. A way of self-immolation at the end of the path of life if you prefer

Top Bottom