Episode 229

typhonblue

Feminism--making the world safe for bigotry
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
When I heard about Guts' grey hair I was thinking of Evil Dead, Ash has grey hair, a chain saw hand and a shotgun on his back. Guts has a cannon on his hand and sword on his back now he has the grey hair. I'm thinking Guts is going to the future soon.

I think the concern over Gut's white hair is just the tip of the iceburg.

Or maybe it's just an ice cube...

incognitoX

you fail me
Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:
When I heard about Guts' grey hair I was thinking of Evil Dead, Ash has grey hair, a chain saw hand and a shotgun on his back. Guts has a cannon on his hand and sword on his back now he has the grey hair. I'm thinking Guts is going to the future soon.

Can't wait for the Caska tree rape scene ++. 8)

P

psymont

portrait.jpeg

Have you been fighting the forces of evil?

Is the stress starting to get to you, and more importantly, your hair?

Does your girlfriend shy away and mutter unintelligible curses at you?

Do you have the gray hair blues?

You control when, where, and how much gray hair you have, some or none

Won't wash out or rub off - it's your own natural color

Works effectively on any color hair - from blond to black

Eliminates visibly graying roots as you have with dyes

Acts as a seal of repelant against spirits of the damned

No smells, no mess, no ghosts, no gloves, and no bother

No wonder 9 out of 10 trolls use it

Why don't you!

Vampire_Hunter_Bob said:

Haha, funny you mention that. In an interview, Miura was saying how he was worried about getting sued after he saw Evil Dead 2 and 3 for the first time. 2 was playing in Japan around the time he finished the very first episode of Berserk.

As for anime with characters that have prosthetics with hidden guns, legato's sname is a hint. :p

Fenrir

LOS una volta, LOS per sempre...
Yea, great comic, I got 2 numbers of it here in Italy, sadly the publication ended with the 2nd volume and I lost those 2 numbers during a home-change :'(

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
I have the 2 video games made for the good ol' PC-Engine CDR based on that comic! Great non-hentai game to stare at naked behinds 8)

J

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
except for pages 13,14,20 it looks like his hair could just look that way because of the fire around him. I hope it's just because of the light from the fire.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
dorkwadd said:
except for pages 13,14,20 it looks like his hair could just look that way because of the fire around him. I hope it's just because of the light from the fire.
You lose.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Dorkwadd said:

Good name.

-Griffith

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
Guts is known as the black swordsman, and Griffith is known as the white hawk. Does the fact that the black swordsman had his hair turn white symbolize something?

M

medievald00d

Dorkwadd said:
Guts is known as the black swordsman, and Griffith is known as the white hawk. Does the fact that the black swordsman had his hair turn white symbolize something?
Does your screen name symbolize anything? ::)

Guts is known as the black swordsman for his armour, not necessarily for his hair. Remember, this manga isnt colored, so his dark hair might not necessarily be black...

By your logic, Griffith's hair would start turning black... ::)

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
I was just thinking about the discussions I was reading about a while ago about the fact that the armor is in the shape of the beast. Some people thought that it meant he was surrendering to his darker side, his hair did change while he had the armor on. Perhaps if he uses the armor too much he will totally surrender to the beast and become a true berserker (without care of who he's killing.)

If Guts is becoming more like Griffith that does not mean Griffith is becoming more like Guts. Hasn't Guts taken the place of Griffith in this new group. He only cares about one member of the group and thats casca. He cares about her, but as we have seen his inner beast has no intention of protecting her.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
i think we need to wait to see what happens after this to actually tell if this means anything more then his hair changed color, there may be an explaination in the next chapter.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Personally I don't see Guts becoming ' Griffith'. His hair turned white because of the serious physical trauma he's experienced. If the armor was indeed supposed to be transforming him into the 'beast' then how do you explain Guts 'seeing' the beast in long-ago previous chapters? This armor he has now was forged by the elves and was worn by someone who died, someone who may have links to SK in the past. I think people are making a lot more out of this hair-color changing thing than should be, but then...it's only speculation.

LG

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Dorkwadd said:
I was just thinking about the discussions I was reading about a while ago about the fact that the armor is in the shape of the beast. Some people thought that it meant he was surrendering to his darker side, his hair did change while he had the armor on. Perhaps if he uses the armor too much he will totally surrender to the beast and become a true berserker (without care of who he's killing.)

If Guts is becoming more like Griffith that does not mean Griffith is becoming more like Guts. Hasn't Guts taken the place of Griffith in this new group. He only cares about one member of the group and thats casca. He cares about her, but as we have seen his inner beast has no intention of protecting her.

The armor plating may look like scales but the helmet is a skull, which I think indicates more links to Sk than to the beast.

LG

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
I started my opinions as a post in speculations so I wouldn't take up any more of this topic with my Griffith, Guts, and white hair comparison.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Lady Griffith said:
This armor he has now was forged by the elves and was worn by someone who died, someone who may have links to SK in the past.

Speaking of which, I think it's safe to just say, yeah, it was Skull Knight. ^_^

-Griffith

Top Bottom