Quasi-Neo Board

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
As you indefinately have noticed, the board has been updated. If anyone has any weird errors, dont hesitate to IM me. Hope you all like the changes! Im still tweaking it myself...

Oh, and for the next day or so, dont write any Thesis's because the board will be going on and offline very VERY often.

However, just to give you a general estimate of when to post and when NOT to post:

01/14/01: post : 5am-2pm (US eastern)
DONT POST: 2pm-6pm

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Oookay, no probs posting, but when I open the page I get two nice little error messages:

row 37 - FDR MaxLoops undefined
row183 - Fade undefined

the page still loads okay, it's just a bit annoying *smiles*

puella

Berserk forever
new board is a magic to me.
the errors always bugged me have gone!
I can clearly read other people's topics now. :D
good job~ Walter!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
strange...I had both of those problems last night, but I remedied them (at least on my end). Ill see what I can do, but as far as I can tell at the moment, your problem is client side, not server side (as expected in a cgi envoronment).

It most likely is a client problem - and in this case the service pack for YaBB may have compatibility issues with cookies from the previous revision. I'd recommend clearing out the SK.net cookie and then relogging into the system, which should resolve all the problems.

another solution to cookie-based cgi problems is a bit more drastic than cronus', but it's worked.

1) delete temp. int. files (including sk.net/yabb cookie).
2) keep IE or whatnot closed
3) reboot
4) login.

It's less elegant, but if that doesn't work, you have issues

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
I’ve been having problems with apostrophes, sometimes they’re fine, other times they look like this ‘ or this ’

I haven't noticed anyone else with this problem, weird.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Um...that's weird. Mine works. WHat version of I.E. are you using?

Also, I got rid of the "home" "help" etc. icons at the top, hows it look now? Better?

Griffith

Um...that's weird. Mine works. WHat version of I.E. are you using?
I am(damn you apostrophes!) using 5.0, but I do not see why 5.0 should not be able to handle apostrophes on this message board. No more contractions for me. :)

Also, I got rid of the "home" "help" etc. icons at the top, hows it look now? Better?
Better, especially at the top.

-Griffith

Griffith,

You really should upgrade to 6.0 :) Hell even 5.5 with SP1 would work just fine...the code for these boards was pretty much designed with those browsers in mind.

Besides, it's a free update...

Griffith

Griffith,

You really should upgrade to 6.0 :)  Hell even 5.5 with SP1 would work just fine...the code for these boards was pretty much designed with those browsers in mind.

Besides, it's a free update...
Fine, fine! *goes to update*

I think Justin from N'Sync is cute. Walter
......................whoa, never gonna look at him the same way.

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE ON BOARD STATUS​

Please do not post anything major from now, 12:30am eastern US, until 4:00am eastern US

Im adding a new Instant Messenger section that will eventually be two hundred fold more efficient than the current one, its just going to take a bit of tweaking...

So if the board goes crazy and doesnt work for the rest of the night, dont worry, itll beback and functional by at least tomorrow morning (I have several backup copies, they just take time).

Its spring cleaning, and this has been a long time coming!

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

Update: After several hours of tweaking and reuploading the whole BBS, I gave up on adding a new IM feature...oh well. CGI scripts are absurdly picky sometimes.

Please resume your normal BBS activities, Im taking a BBS tweaking break, at least until the weekend.

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
Other than a nice facelift of the bbs, the only change I see is that there seems to be a 50 character limit for the 'personal text' field in my Profiles section. So I dare not change mine ;D

Top Bottom