Underworld

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
I just saw it yesterday.Very cool,even though the Lycans look much tougher than the Vampires (except for Selene and Viktor...).Anybody saw that??

P

psymont

as a former vampire player, i found the movie to be a bit dull .... what powers did the vampires have again? oh yeah, they could fall from high places and cling to ceilings .... dull .... what happened to celerity and all the other cool abilities that vampires have picked up through stories throughout the ages?

Underworld was nice on the "cool" factor, it was kinda sad for all the power factors though and I have to say the end fight was kinda anti-climatic, especially it's ending.

Bottom line, it was cool, worth seeing, but it could have been a hell of a lot better. I rate it at about the same level as X-men 2 and Matrix 2, better than LXG, but PotC is still the best action movie this year.

Sequel already signed and should start soon. There's talk about a prequel.

The ending of the movie is nice, the ending of the final battle is just disappointing (IMO)

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Kasirak said:
Sequel already signed and should start soon. There's talk about a prequel.

The ending of the movie is nice, the ending of the final battle is just disappointing (IMO)
bingo....

"You mean, the Vampire that is so powerful that people are scared to attack him when he is a dessicated husk just got his head chopped in half? WHY DIDNT ANYONE EVER THINK TO USE A SWORD ON THE BUGGER?????"

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
Technically,she caught him off-guard...and who knows what kind of sword she actually used??That needs some clarification.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I liked it a lot (maybe because I have no prior vampiric experience ;) ) It's definitely not very *good*, but it entertained me and was easy on the eyes, heavy on the blood, etc. etc.

I also thought a sequel was pretty obvious even before I heard the news about it. The end was plainly a setup.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
If you never had a lot of vampiric experience, I can't but advice you to get a hold on Bram' Staker Dracula from Coppola. It sure is old, but it sure is great. (One of the "grand classique")

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Oltobaz said:
Technically,she caught him off-guard...and who knows what kind of sword she actually used??That needs some clarification.
and he *wouldn't* have been caught off-guard while a dessicated corpse?

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
This is out allready? I'm gonna have to go see this friday.
Psymont said:
as a former vampire player, i found the movie to be a bit dull .... what powers did the vampires have again? oh yeah, they could fall from high places and cling to ceilings .... dull .... what happened to celerity and all the other cool abilities that vampires have picked up through stories throughout the ages?
Yea, they need to include Body of the Sun.

Still, nothing beats my character concept. A 14th gen Ravnos that was turned as a joke. His crime of choice is "vigilante justice" (a bounty hunter in life) and his character goal is Galsanda. ;D

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Didn't they get sued for copying White Wolf? Anyway I didn't see it but my freind said something about a half-vampire half-werewolf he thought would look cool but it was just some guy who screamed got ugly hid in the water and ripped some other vampires face off.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Oltobaz said:
He actually looks like like a mix of Nightcrawler from the Xmen and Grey Hulk.He looks pretty damn cool to me.
I'll be the judge of that. (though I've always hated the hulk so now that you've gone and used that comparison I may be biased ;D)

-Apock-

There is more to "IT" than meets the eye!
Sir Crumpet said:
I'll be the judge of that. (though I've always hated the hulk so now that you've gone and used that comparison I may be biased ;D)

What is so bad about the hulk?

-Apock-

FateINwaiting

Berserk must be mine!
You know this is the only movie i ever really saw any kinda wearwolf kicking some ass mayber other then with jack nickalson but that wasnt on the action side

Psymont said:

This film wasn't a vampire rip-off. However WhiteWolf sued Sony about copywright but before the film's presentation to public. I don't know what happened about the case though.

It was alright but there were too many things just glazed over, like why would the milatary need uv bullets? how do you trap uv in bullets anyways,UV would flash lights be easier? the vampires were riducasly weak, some parts were just so dumb "stop your losing alot of blood" "SHUT UP, ill be fine" CRASH! and the lycan/wearwolf looked kinda wimpy he shoulda looked like Devilman, anyways it was alright. :p

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Well, a UV flashlight would be noticed. "hey! Whats that goofy colored flashlight? AHH! IT BURNS! I'm out of here!"

Where as, a bullet (which could give off UV by containing a combustable compound that emited light in that spectrum) would more likely be ignored since they would expect to "soak" the damage. Basicly the bullet would work on vamps the same as a normal person.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
THE BEAST said:
...mmm i guess, still dont see why the milatary would need it
because OBVIOUSLY Vampire's are a threat to national security. They don't even need to use good tactics in a gunfight. "Cover? What? nah man. I'm gonna hide behind this wall for a second, then slowly walk down the hallway people are firing down, as I empty my machine pistols that work perfectly and never jam!"

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
THE BEAST said:
...mmm i guess, still dont see why the milatary would need it

Umm, it wasn't the military that had the bullets, it was the lycans. The idea is that sunlight is ultraviolet radiation, which kills vampires. Probably not actually the most logical thing in some ways, but hey, it's an action movie. And I thought the "daylight" bullet was a neat idea.

Top Bottom