Artesia comic

Chinmi

The best defense is a good offence!
I discover a great sword/socery type comc by Mark Smylie called Artesia at my local comic store. The art is amazing. This comic deserve to get some attention.

Here is his official website:

http://www.daradja.com/

Check it out. What do u think?

Vermillion

If we do not find them soon, we shall be of no use
I discover a great sword/socery type comc by Mark Smylie called Artesia at my local comic store.    The art is amazing.  This comic deserve to get some attention.

Here is his official website:

http://www.daradja.com/

Check it out.   What do u think?

hmmmm....

"Artesia is the beginning of an epic fantasy story, following one woman on a journey of war and magic."

Sounds cool!!! :)

"Artesia, born of a woman condemned as a witch, "

Sounds a little familiar.... :-/

"has found refuge in the Highlands of Daradja and remade herself as a concubine, a priestess, a warrior and war captain."

Sounds alittle like Griffith... :(

"She now walks a dangerous path under the eyes of her gods, surrounded by enemy witch-hunters, jealous overlords, invading armies, the ghosts of the dead, and ancient evils out of myth and legend."

Sounds alittle like Guts.... >:(

http://www.daradja.com/main-full.jpg

Looks alittle like Caska  ???

Chinmi

I got issue 1 on the second part and three soldiers guys offer to be a ho for Artesia so she screw all three of them at one time!!! DAM!

From what I know, she kill her own husband/king for reason unknown but before that, she was incharge of the kings army.. Dead people keeps following her and giving her advice.  She sort of Joan of Arc since she treated as a captain from alot of soldiers and she gets strange vision.  I don't know her goal in life but she doesn't want to be treated as queen.  She perfer to be treated as "just one of the boys."  She can hold her own in a battle.  There a well drawn out battle scenes with depth in organize attack..  And the armour and sword is drawn with great detail.

However, she lacks the chrisma like Guts or Caska in my opinion.

Vermillion

sure, if Caska were ugly.

hahaha, yeah no kidding...the hair style has definitely got to go!!! Really pretty face though in my opinion.

guts has charisma? powerful personality maybe, but charisma?

Yup Guts definitely had charisma! Before he met the Hawks, he was a lone wolf. After the Hawks, he is even more dismal and gloomy to others. But during his time with the Hawks, he was charismatic as hell, all under his command loved and admired the guy and he felt the same about them!!!

Chinmi

Yup Guts definitely had charisma! Before he met the Hawks, he was a lone wolf.
                        After the Hawks, he is even more dismal and gloomy to others. But during his time
                        with the Hawks, he was charismatic as hell, all under his command loved and
                        admired the guy and he felt the same about them!!!

How about Caska?  She is so cool as a captain.  She doesn't bullshit around.  When she fight, she rocks.  Also, she never back down in a fight.  Furthermore, she is so loyal.  When she order to do something, she would do it, dispite her own well-being.  When she say something, she would back it up like the time when she would go find help while leaving Guts to fight a hundred soldiers.

Vermillion

How about Caska?  She is so cool as a captain.  She doesn't bullshit around.  When she fight, she rocks.  Also, she never back down in a fight.  Furthermore, she is so loyal.  When she order to do something, she would do it, dispite her own well-being.  When she say something, she would back it up like the time when she would go find help while leaving Guts to fight a hundred soldiers.

Yes, you are right. I would have to agree with you on that one.

Chinmi

uhm.... I think we're gettin off topic. Have anyone seen Artesia? Trust me, it is a great comic. Much like Berserk, it takes place in different world with many characers and places. The action is not as good but the art is worth taking a look.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Ha, only on this message board could talk turning to Berserk be considered “gettin off topic”.

-Griffith

P.S. Oh, and I haven’t seen it but it sounds very interesting.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
guts has charisma? powerful personality maybe, but charisma?

He has charisma. He doesn't have that pied piper charisma. He's special. He's the only one in the comic who's special. Bear in mind "special" can mean many things.

Top Bottom