Ok probly already said 1,000 times...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
I just was looking over some characters... and i havent read far in the manga yet, only seen anime a bunch of times and played game.... but anyways... does Slan of the God hand have any connection to Luca??? their hair style is offly similar... and so is there face if ya ask me... i am a bit confused... if its nothing but looks, i'd sure like ta know. thanks. ???

M

medievald00d

probably said 1000 times my ass...

This has got to be one of the dumbest questions ever...

How the fuck would Luca, a midland prostitute among starving peasants, be compared with an angel of God?

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Well, Luca could very well be the daughter of Slann actually, their hair look a bit alike in one panel, and we all know how Guts turned out to be Zodd's son...

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Aazealh said:
and we all know how Guts turned out to be Zodd's son...
Ugh, I actually just might have to add that to Common Mistranslations/Conceptions. It's frighteningly popular.

M

medievald00d

Aazealh said:
Well, Luca could very well be the daughter of Slann actually, their hair look a bit alike in one panel, and we all know how Guts turned out to be Zodd's son...

Are you serious or did you forget yuor rolling eyes?? Not even the Hawks have made that translation... :eek:

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
pheonixfenix said:
Are you serious or did you forget yuor rolling eyes?? Not even the Hawks have made that translation... :eek:

So you need smileys to indicate sarcasm ? Well, then no, of course I wasn't being serious.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
"... It tried incorporating many different personalities into my characters. One common device I use is to give characters who live in parrallel threads of fate a similiar hairstyle. This allows my readers to understand the newer characters backgrounds with out me having to go into to much detail. except of course in the case with Serpico where his counterpart was never given a proper back story...."

Kentaro Miura, Mayakashi Shimbun, circa 2001.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
That reminds me, is there a translation of the interview(s) with Miura, or are these all on-the-spot translations simply picked out whenever somebody needs to make a point? It sounds like it would be an interesting read...

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
Franz said:
That reminds me, is there a translation of the interview(s) with Miura, or are these all on-the-spot translations simply picked out whenever somebody needs to make a point? It sounds like it would be an interesting read...

Franz sir, krunkster's translation there is false, to make a (humorous) point.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Ah, no matter. ;) I found the real interview anyway...I came here just to edit my post, but thanks for confirming that.

EDIT: I lied :( Just the stupid DVD interview...

I dunno, luca being slanns daughter isn't a terrible theory... i mean... didn't skully call slann "mother of all prostitues" or something like that? And why did skully go and save luca anyway? did he know something about her? Anyway, it's not likely and it's not important and the stuff i said obviously doesn't "prove" anything, i just don't think it's that bad of a theory.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
himura_kenshin said:
I dunno, luca being slanns daughter isn't a terrible theory... i mean... didn't skully call slann "mother of all prostitues" or something like that? And why did skully go and save luca anyway? did he know something about her? Anyway, it's not likely and it's not important and the stuff i said obviously doesn't "prove" anything, i just don't think it's that bad of a theory.

Yes. It is a terrible theory, just admit it.

No, i really don't think it is. But feel free to respond with an enthusiastic "Oh yes it is!". Maybe putting it in all caps would help too, then all probably be convinced, but whatever you do, don't try and actually directly contradict anything i said, that'd just be dumb.

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
himura_kenshin said:
No, i really don't think it is. But feel free to respond with an enthusiastic "Oh yes it is!". Maybe putting it in all caps would help too, then all probably be convinced, but whatever you do, don't try and actually directly contradict anything i said, that'd just be dumb.
oH yES iT iS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimchan said:
Yes. It is a terrible theory, just admit it.

Who say it is terrible? it was bad at all, it just totally sucks!

himura_kenshin said:
HoLy tEh cRAp! j00r RIgHt! WHAT A RETARDED THEORY!!!!!!!!!Skullknight of course, isn't that obvious? :p

:eek:

Isnt this as good as saying Griffith was Guts son...?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
himura_kenshin said:
HoLy tEh cRAp! j00r RIgHt! WHAT A RETARDED THEORY!!!!!!!!!Skullknight of course, isn't that obvious? :p

I don't even understand what makes you think Slann or any of God Hand would bother with having children. And if Luca's a daughter from Slann's human days, then she'd have to be at least over 200 years old. Hmm...

Smith said:
Who say it is terrible? it was bad at all, it just totally sucks! :eek:

Isnt this as good as saying Griffith was Guts son...?

Well, it's technically true. ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
lock.gif

Topic locked for retardation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom