Samurai Deeper Kyo

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I heard it was pretty good... I may have to take a look at it... Has anyone read/looked at the Battle Royale Manga? I can see why the god damn things are always sold out... ;D

FateINwaiting

Berserk must be mine!
Battle royal manga is anadaption to the book. Its not bad but its different from the movie but its also different from the book but it has more of the book elements in it.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
SaiyajinNoOuji said:
If you put the manga to your ear you can hear the ocean.
if you put anything to your ear you can "hear the ocean"...

I'm refering to the "sound of the divine wind" or whatever that attack was called.

P

psymont

dont care much for it .... its slow and cheesy .... the first few episodes showed promise and just went down hill .... i just gave up on it around the 11th episode .... but thats just me

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
The Dragon Slayer said:
I haven't seen it, and quite honestly, I don't know if I want to. I saw the trailer for it and it looked like shit to me. :p
Heh your right this stuff is some large amount of feces.

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
meh, i guess its all just a matter of choice. I enjoyed it myself... a thorough series, and i loved the soundtrack. of course, some of the animation was so cheezy, while others was quite well done. It may not be for everyone, but im certain that some people must like it...

but of course, its nothing compared to berserk.

O

Ozmo

It's more like a crossover between Rurouni Kenshin and Dragonball Z than anything else. Ok, an independent series that borrows heavily from both would be more accurate, but you got my point. ;)

It's suprisingly similar to Rurouni Kenshin, but the protagonist is a "cool" character who kills a lot of people and the fights are even more ridicullous. In RK you'd have Kenshin beat 20 people in a matter of seconds, but in SDK you have Kyo splitting 20 men (literally) in half in (literally) half a second. I suppose some people like the demi-god type characters in Dragonball, but it's certainly not my cup of tea.

I consider the anime to be a total piece of rubbish, that was done by a totally separate bunch of people than the manga anyway. The storyline quickly looses all resemblance to the original and becomes incredibly incoherent during the very first episode. It's pretty much an examplory case of where every single aspect of an anime is messed up.

Ozmo said:
It's more like a crossover between Rurouni Kenshin and Dragonball Z than anything else.
Ugh... I love Kenshin, but I can't imagine a cross between the two. That's just horrifying. :eek:

I'll just cross this one off of my "manga to read/anime to see" list. :p

ThaBlackSwordsman

Darkness In A Twisted Light
i heard the manga was actually decent... so i guess thats a stay away?

And i know what you mean by demi god... but i am a fan of kyo. I especially enjoy the soundtrack to the anime... i dont do a lot of research on this show though. But yet i remain a fan. I just picked up the series cause the advertisement said "The bloody battles of berserk mixed with the legendary story telling of rurouni kenshin" of course a major letdown, but regardless, it does entertain

NavalOfficerX7

This hand of mine glows with an awsome power!!!...
I have not personally read the manga but I have seen most of the animation up until now and it actually looks like it could be a preety good series.( Then again I like "Louie The Rune Soldier" and I have a very good view of all anime).....except one part of evangelion Shinji or Shinjy Ikari. He kinda doesnt deserve to be a pilot due to his extreme wussiness and near insanity.

ThaBlackSwordsman said:
Ive recently began to watch this anime and read the manga... does anyone else like it? I think it makes kenshin look like dragon ball z.

unless you are talking about samurai x i dont think that would be hard. even so ill have to give it a look.

Top Bottom