Episode 230

Re:Chapter 230

Well whatever it is... it will only be 10 more days to the release of new chapter, 8 days to Hauge summary and finally only 3 days left for the preview... ;D

O

Ozmo

Balthor said:
Thats what I said... :'(

Your posts are quite "challenging" to read, so no wonder there was some confusion. ;)

I know Succubi are "normally" hot demonesses that tempt mortals etc, but it would seem that in "Berserk world" Succubi are the little squidish demons and the girl you're referring to was an apostole.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.

Ozmo said:
I know Succubi are "normally" hot demonesses that tempt mortals etc, but it would seem that in "Berserk world" Succubi are the little squidish demons and the girl you're referring to was an apostole.

A succubus is usually a female demon, yes. The word literally means 'lying down' or 'lying underneath'.

The demon in both instances can be correctly termed a 'succubus'; it draws its victims in (lies under) rather than forcing itself upon them, as would an incubus.

Terming her an apostle doesn't preclude any other definitions.

O

Ozmo

Since the chapter isn't out and even Hague doesn't have a preview yet, we might as well continue discussing this. ;)

Hague: I stand corrected (or Hagued or whatever).

Xans-Griffith: You're preaching latin to the wrong person here. Succubus by itself don't really mean anything, but (most likely) originates from the latin verb sub-cubare. Another explanation I've heard for the term is that the burden of the sin committed weighs the sinful creature down or something. Of course the name might originate from sucosus (juicy), signifying how hot succubi are commonly thought to be. ;D

Suppose you've got a point with the definition thing, even though calling apostoles with the names of other mythological creatures might end up as a bit confusing. Kinda of like calling Grunbeld a dragon, which he strictly speaking isn't.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.

You're preaching latin to the wrong person here. Succubus by itself don't really mean anything, but (most likely) originates from the latin verb sub-cubare.

And what does sub-cubare mean?

I always heard (and read a few places) that it was to lie underneath as well. I did a quick search in an online dictionary and found this:

[Middle English, from Medieval Latin, alteration (influenced by Late Latin incubus, incubus), of Latin succuba, paramour from succubare, to lie under : sub-, sub- + cubare, to lie down.]

I'll look a few more places see if I can dig up more info.

[edit]

some background info, enjoy:

http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/articles/articleview.asp?ID=22
http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/articles/articleview.asp?ID=23

Olivier Hague said:
More like "Majô".

I always get confused about the ON and KUN readings -_-;;;
* kicks Jwpce hard in the... *
Do you think the translation for the title was correct though ?

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Caption Contest!

03v22.gif

"The look on a Berserk fans face when they see this shitty preview..."

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Balthor said:
I am not amused by this sick joke where is the real preview?
right here
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/03v22.gif
I find this one rather informative. Or, at least no less then the previous ones.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

Majin Tenshi said:
right here
http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/sp/img/03v22.gif
I find this one rather informative. Or, at least no less then the previous ones.
Hmmm... I'm guessing that that's all were going to get for a preview?

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert

Um, would you rather they write a short paragraph about everything that occurs in the chapter? You don't have to wait that long for the chapter to come out, so just be patient for Christ's sake.

fors

Burning Rage !!!

mmmm man I don´t think, that this can be called a preview, anyway I guess we will have to wait :(

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

theblakeman said:
Um, would you rather they write a short paragraph about everything that occurs in the chapter? You don't have to wait that long for the chapter to come out, so just be patient for Christ's sake.
Ummm... no I'd rather they do a little more then show a character making a stupid face maybe a little blurb or something to make us get all hyped up. I don't know about you guys but seeing Raban make a retarted face does not get me all riled up with anticipation.

Namrok

I'm a man who's sick, but I've got class

mmmm man I don´t think, that this can be called a preview,

Well, ya gotta call it SOMETHING...and since it's not a view...I think a preview is as good as any other word. Or would you prefer sneak peak? Trailer? Glimpse?

theblakeman

theblakeman- your local pervert

Balthor said:
Ummm... no I'd rather they do a little more then show a character making a stupid face maybe a little blurb or something to make us get all hyped up. I don't know about you guys but seeing Raban make a retarted face does not get me all riled up with anticipation.

You only have to wait till the 14th for shit's sake!

does anyone else think that seeing Raban with a shocked face almost guarantees we'll see some griffith action in this chapter. Seeing as how he knew of his torture and griffith's absence for so long, I think this pic is his reaction to seeing him return fully recovered commanding a large and elite army.

What are everyone else's interpretation's of this preview.

BTW - quit bitching about the preview none of the previews ever show much plot development. Besides all this bitching just clogs up the thread with irrelevant crap. try contributing some insight into what they could mean. At least it would be more stimulating to read other than "THIS SUCKS"

Top Bottom