A Candidate for an a NEW Evil Character

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
From Evil/Bad Guy character Hall of Fame I found a deserving Entry. This guy is messed up. The Evil-Meter on him goes pretty high. It surpases Griffith. Seeing this guy in action makes you believe that Griffith isn't THAT bad a guy (at least he has a straight forward dream). His Name is Muraki Kazutaka from Yami No Matsuei (Decendants of the Dark). I won't spoil anything as I think the series is worth seeing. Trust me. It's heavy on the shojo aspect but that's to be expected. It's a Hakusensha series so it's gotta be good (they did Angel Sanctuary, Basara and a little comic called BERSERK. Quality 5 star stuff)!! Back to Muraki, as usual I enjoy watching a antagonist unfold his plot/personalty (or personalities) on screen and yeah sometimes I watch a show just for the villan. This guy has Griffith caliber carisma except he lays it on sutle and thick at the same time. It can be uncomfortable to watch. This guy is just creepy. He's not that different from Griff. Attractive slim guy with white hair and light skin. The guy is just creepy. He has dangerous written all over him. Just watch it. The HK DVD is out and the translation is not bad (not great but not bad. It's readable).

CnC

Ad Oculos
there is no good/evil in berserk

edit: well people anyway... there are "evil" actions, if u must use that word

puella

Berserk forever

Yeah, but it's also applicable to everybody, not just for berserk.
That's the very reason berserk is so great to most of people as we said about 2,345,690 times before.
Here's a poor logic to think humanbeing just a part of nature or nature itself like other creatures.
Since their actions result from their unresistible nature, actually they are neither evil nor good.
As Hannibal Lector said, natural phenomena such as a storm , a flood or something shouldn't be said bad just because they cause people to have big damage.
However you might say man is different from other creatures in many ways. it's absolutely right but it is just from humanbeing's point of view also.(what am I saying? ::))
I mean I can't draw the line exactly between dispositions of Griffith and Guts.
I see two guys who can't ever escape from their nature in berserk. that's all.

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Yeah, but it's also applicable to everybody, not just for berserk.
i don't know what you're trying to say.

That's the very reason berserk is so great to most of people
oh really?

as we said about 2,345,690 times before.
did we?

Since their actions result from their unresistible nature, actually they are neither evil nor good.
again, i can't follow you...
what is unresistible supposed to mean?
and why is this reason for a human being is neither evil nor good?

As Hannibal Lector said, natural phenomena such as a storm , a flood or something shouldn't be said bad just because they cause people to have big damage.

makes me think of the motion picture. the second one. (hannibal) makes me sick.    :p
besides i wouldn't dare to quote a serial killer in order to depict an issue...

However you might say man is different from other creatures in many ways. it's absolutely right but it is just from humanbeing's point of view also.(what am I saying?  ::))
i don't know what you're saying.

I mean I can't draw the line exactly between Griffith and Guts' disposition.
???.
I see two guys who can't ever escape from their nature in berserk. that's all.

this is because miura is their "puppetmaster".

i'm not aiming at offending you with this. i just can't follow you, that's all...    ;)

puella

Berserk forever
i don't know what you're trying to say.
I mean there are evil actions in the world,too.
berserk never tries to indicate who is good or evil. so I say it is great as many people did.
take a joke please.
what is unresistible supposed to mean?
and why is this reason for a human being is neither evil nor good?
I mean I can't say exactly which one is good or evil.
I think Guts and Griffith have the two at the same time.
and refer to my quote " ... a storm, a flood..."
I said that I thought human being's actions part of nature or nature itself.
In a way my "unresistible nature" may mean "instinct" or "law of nature" like lions hunt or ants work everyday.
we don't say lions are evil or bad because they rip off a deer.
and my post is another point of view as I always say.
I just want to put different or various ways to speculate about in order to get into berserk much deeper.

besides i wouldn't dare to quote a serial killer in order to depict an issue
I don't think it's important who Hannibal is.the matter is what he said.
i don't know what you're saying.
well, I mean you might say man can't be compared with other creatures because we have intelligence or something.
so we are likely to tell everything just in our own judgment without thinking other creatures' point of view or the creator's . (Gosh, my little brain is just before exploding because I think too much)
i'm not aiming at offending you with this. i just can't follow you, that's all... ??)
I know and it's natural. My former post was short of details as always I did.
and maybe my odd thought makes you confused sometimes(all the time?).
take it as my forte, trapped-soul. :p

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi

I used the word evil as an expression of "bad guy". No extra philosophical meaning behind it. I used it lightly. Besides I was the one who started the whole "evil actions not evil people" on the "Griffith good guy" thread anyway. Now this thread has become another "what is or is not evil". Yay. Like I haven't argued that point home already a billion times. Thank you for making people repeat themselves.

If I sound bitter this morning is because I'm hung over and my computer is acting like a bitch!!!

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
here is eintrigga's condensed guide ethics (not necessary the correct one) for dummies:

anyone that does harm to me is evil, anyone who benefits me is good. those of whom that are not in either category can do whatever they want for all i care.

any more questions? ;D

W

waqas786uk

Just one eintrigga...

What about the people that harm you indirectly?

What if, for instance, some nut in your country/part of the world happens to get is hands on a nuclear bomb and uses it to blow up some other part of the world. Lets say whats left of that part of the world also has some bombs, and decide to get some revenge on your country. So who do you blame? the first guy or the second?

think about it.... ;D

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
Just one eintrigga...

What if, for instance, some nut in your country/part of the world happens to get is hands on a nuclear bomb and uses it to blow up some other part of the world. Lets say whats left of that part of the world also has some bombs, and decide to get some revenge on your country. So who do you blame? the first guy or the second?

everyone ;D

edit: besides myself of course ;D

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Just one eintrigga...

think about it.... ;D
the other party of course. You see when something like that happens we have already decided beforehand who the good guys are (us) and the bad guys (them) and even if we did stroke first and whitout provocation we did only to stop them because they certanly,given their evil ways, are about to do something horrible (just don't ask us what now, we need a least ten minues to figure it out )

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
Hmmm, I wonder if I can set this thread back on the course Kenoh-Sama was trying to take it.

Some one I would like to nominate for the “Bad Guy Hall of Fame” would be Vincent from the Cowboy Bebop movie. He was so cool and creepy at the same time, it was just amazing to watch him work (I was awestruck when he and spike fought for the first time on the train).

Oh yeah, I wanna step out of anime for a sec and nominate the bad guy from “The Professional,” ya know, the crooked DEA agent. Anyways, whenever I watch that movie I get chills whenever he says something.

Oh yeah, and there’s always everyone’s favorite (mine included): Hannibal Lector, he’s the villain you love to hate… or something like that…

Oh yeah, I wanna step out of anime for a sec and nominate the bad guy from “The Professional,” ya know, the crooked DEA agent. Anyways, whenever I watch that movie I get chills whenever he says something.

I think he was also the bad guy in Robinhood.  He plays that type of character well

I think he was also the bad guy in Robinhood.  He plays that type of character well

Well, not exactly ^^;
But they both play the "bad guy" part, usually...
That was Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham, he also played the terrorist leader, Hans Gruber, in Die Hard.
The crooked DEA agent from the Professional was Gary Oldman who also did Dracula in Coppola's movie, or Zorg from the 5th Element... and he's quite an excellent actor ^^

Top Bottom