Episode 231

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:chapter 231

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
I just checked out that whole Volume (22) and I dont see where the hell you are talking about. The only thing I see is Zodd, Grunbeld, Locus,and Rakshas kicking the Kushans ass...I do not see these "undead" warriors or spirits...I just looked through the volume again.... As for him showing Mule and the others spirits...True it was the spirits of the loved ones, but since he is reborn Griffith and still has his powers...Is it really a surprise? I just dont agree that he can do it now since he has not really shown any HARD proof that he can make them do his bidding. If I am wrong, then please give me the page number in the Volume.

I don't know what exactly you mean "do his bidding" but fight for him is what they do and this is what I was talking about all along. Look at the "devil warriors" Mule encounters while being toured around the camp by that telepathetic girl (those that Grunbeld and Irvine stop). As far as the scene in volume 22 you are talking about I have no page numbers in my BERSERK but I can tell you that they are the two ones that show a Kushan soldier-messenger enter a building of the castle, to give the order to all the troops of coming to fight outside but sees them lying around in pieces. Then he sees the burning corpses of the previously executed to come along. This event in conjuction with the "devil warriors army" and in conjuction with the spirits of the loved ones effect makes think that Griffith has some spirits fighting at his side.
Those same spirits weren't doing this stuff if Griffith weren't there.

O

Ozmo

There were some monsterish creatures in the castle where the Kushan soldier was sent to get reinforcements from, but I think they looked much more like "human-form" apostoles. You can also see them in the scene where everybody is kneeling around Griffith and the girl is going "Omg, this is like some 1337 painting!!!1".

Anyhow, I think this is yet another case of guessing too far ahead and making too many asumptions on what the characters can do. We've seen nothing that suggest Griffith can make the dead spirits possess stuff for example and the rest of it didn't exactly sound likely to me either.

Ozmo said:
There were some monsterish creatures in the castle where the Kushan soldier was sent to get reinforcements from, but I think they looked much more like "human-form" apostoles. You can also see them in the scene where everybody is kneeling around Griffith and the girl is going "Omg, this is like some 1337 painting!!!1".
They are burning bodies. I am positive.
Ozmo said:
Anyhow, I think this is yet another case of guessing too far ahead and making too many asumptions on what the characters can do. We've seen nothing that suggest Griffith can make the dead spirits possess stuff for example and the rest of it didn't exactly sound likely to me either.

You are right most propablly. See it as an extra wild shot.
Ozmo said:
We've seen nothing that suggest Griffith can make the dead spirits possess stuff for example and the rest of it didn't exactly sound likely to me either.
I've never said about stuff. I've talked about people and corpses. Till now we have seen alive men, corpses, skeletons, dogs, a horse, rats, snow and some man-eating semi-liquid mass, I guess, at the Albion-Tower area, if I am not mistaken about the name.
Did I miss something?

If the forehead symbols of the Tapasa are unique at all, those are the same 2 Tapasa that fought Rakshas back when he first popped up. Guess they weren't that helpless after all. Still, weren't there 4 originally? I forget what happened to the other 2.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....

killer chapter at first i didnt though much about this new guy the kushan emperor plus he looked kinda lame in the preview, but im begining to like this guy he's facial expresions reminds me of zod. thanks for the scans saya u the man

Mage said:
If the forehead symbols of the Tapasa are unique at all, those are the same 2 Tapasa that fought Rakshas back when he first popped up. Guess they weren't that helpless after all. Still, weren't there 4 originally? I forget what happened to the other 2.
I beleive they symbolize something of a mission post, role or rank. Otherwise it makes no sense. Maybe they are those two that fought with Raquashas or the two others, if those two fell in battle. Maybe a translation of 231 will help giving some clues. But if they are the two who fought with Rakhashas before, the question remains. Maybe the other two went on a mission looking for Guts (they were somebit interested at him) but then maybe no. Maybe the Emperor has them hostages to make sure Shilat will do what he wants him to do with those two we have seem him around with or simply with him as bodyguards or special guards of something or even has sent them on a special mission we don't have a clue yet off.
Waiting for the translation for this one.

P

PsychoJavexx

I'm starting to like Silatt a lot more nowadays. But why is he always turned in the wrong direction, facing the wrong way?

And what's up with all the dead bodies everywhere? Are those heads cut off and placed on statues, or what? I can't read it, so I don't know what's going on.

PsychoJavexx said:
I'm starting to like Silatt a lot more nowadays. But why is he always turned in the wrong direction, facing the wrong way?
Which is the right direction?
PsychoJavexx said:
And what's up with all the dead bodies everywhere? Are those heads cut off and placed on statues, or what?
Yes. Maybe they stay only there to redicule the midlanders and retain steady the scope, reason and morale of the Kushan Emperor's Soldiers. Or maybe they may serve the Emperor in another more mystical scope. We will find out soon.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

Maybe the symbols on their forheads mean "Lefty" and "Righty" or perhaps they are a way of distinguishing between otherwise identical people.

Does anyone know the title of this episode ?

Reffering to the babblefish translation posted by Roberto ("231st story we fear the emperor"), may I assume the title is "The Emperor of Terror", or something like that?

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎

asmer said:
Reffering to the babblefish translation posted by Roberto ("231st story we fear the emperor"), may I assume the title is "The Emperor of Terror", or something like that?

You may assume that, yes. :)

BREAKING NEWS: Ganisuka has spoken as if he was the revival of the king Gaiserick legend himself.
So..., so... who is Skullknight, THEN?!? ;D

By the way this now begins to make more sense as of the manifestation of the spiral karma. Also notice the duality of the event of the dead victims in the tower of Rebirth of that era and that of now in the castle and of those possible to come in the place over there with the eminent conflict.

Considering that the Kushans seem somehow Indians, a name like Ganishka could be reffering to the Hindu religion God Ganesh, which if I'm not wrong had an elephant head, and THUS maybe the apostle-form of Ganishka will be an elephant !?!
Hopefully we will know that in the next chapters...

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...

hmmm... I can't seem to remember Silat running into Zodd at any point...
Can anyone else think of an instance? or is this just something Miura hasn't shown us?

Majin Tenshi said:
hmmm... I can't seem to remember Silat running into Zodd at any point...
Can anyone else think of an instance? or is this just something Miura hasn't shown us?

He was right above him, on the edge of a ruin wall with the other four of Tapasa at an instance. When the new Griffith was born. Does this makes it more clear?

Olivier Hague said:
Uh, this sharp reply, which is actually more of a spastic reply, has some merit but the point it adds is dumb. Ok, they are not burning bodies because of the hair they still have but the way they appear in the soldier's eyes behind the firewall make them seem as if they were walking through it. Anyway they are possesed bodies so the point remains actually the same.

Olivier Hague said:

1)
Saiki said:
page 19

Ganishuka - But I am the Great Emperor of the Kushan Empire. I am the one who
rules the greatest territory on this Earth

page20

Ganishuka - I will not give it away. Even if it is smeared with blood and has
become dirty. This world is mine.

Ganishuka - I will become the devil to reign over this unclean world. I will
pull the arrow against god
2)
Walter said:
Nearly all of these are directly from The Hague, throughout his 2+ year posting career.

Volume 10 / Chapter 53: Charlotte to Hawks
Incorrect:Then, from the darkness, came a Mysterious Knight who brought an end to all wars
Correct: Charlotte just says the one who would put an end to that age of wars finally appeared.
There's nothing about him being "a mysterious knight from the darkness".

Incorrect:"He was the only person in recorded history who was able to conquer the entire world, and bring it under the arms of an empire. And so, he became the first emperor of that new Empire."
Correct: "That was the name of the Emperor who pacified all of the 10+ countries and, for the first time in History, created in one's lifetime a great empire all over the continent."

Incorrect: "However, no one knew of his past. No ne knew where he came from, or any other details about him."
Correct: "What country was he from, when and how did he raise an army... No description prior to his appearance on the stage of History remains in any document."

More to come...
3)
You, tell me...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

You cant be serious about the Kushan emperor being Gasieric.... Holy shit..... You have some imagination....

Gaiseric wore armor that looked like a skeleton..

"Skullknight' seems to fit that description...
"Evil Kushan leader" wears fucking robes...

WHen he says he rules the greatest land, it means he is talking about the Kushan home land.....

How are you making these assumptions??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom