Episode 231

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:chapter 231

IgnusDei said:
no, it shows my point PERFECTLY:

A possessed guy would've just tried to eat the girl despite grunbeld's show of force, since they can't be reasonned with at all.

An apostle, on the other hand, still has enough braincells to know that he needs to stay in line if he wants to live.
You have a point the way you put it.
But I can also resell the argument about Griffith's control. Griffith controls them, they serve Griffith even if they are gathered there in the dark and that was my initiall statement. So devoring is one and their thing but being in Griffith's army is the other. So did you prove me wrong? No
Did I prove you wrong? Not eventually after your intervation. We are still at zero-zero score :)

I honestly don't see it being as relevant as the 2 page spread (124-125) in volume 23 of Zodd leading the monster army/evil soldiers into battle in broad daylight obviously before the sunset (page 148) or the loved ones stuff at night later in the volume.

xechnao said:
What about the "loved ones" spirits after that scene?
Do.I.know.that?

P

PsychoJavexx

Yes. I agree. I think they were all in a dark place because it's scarier to the reader?? And because they aren't important individuals, so why waste time drawing details and faces?

Rumil Erutan said:
I honestly don't see it being as relevant as the 2 page spread (124-125) in volume 23 of Zodd leading the monster army/evil soldiers into battle in broad daylight obviously before the sunset (page 148) or the loved ones stuff at night later in the volume.
Pay attention at all the images while the battle. The sky is clouded.

PsychoJavexx said:
I think they were all in a dark place because it's scarier to the reader?? And because they aren't important individuals, so why waste time drawing details and faces?
No. This is not a valid argument about the plot. You could say though that they need to be hidden because of the other normal people of the camp as that they would piss their pants off if they saw a couple of them around.

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.

if griffith's control over his subjects was THAT absolute, then the girl wouldn't have had that encounter with the hungry demon at all. It is fear of the power that he COULD bring to bear upon the demon soldiers that keeps them in check, not a constant flow of power that controls their minds.

Also, about the clouds: do you really think that your average cloudy sky could block ALL the rays of the sun? Hey, it didn't. Now consider the wraiths' sensitivity to a CAMPFIRE's light.

xechnao said:
What about the "loved ones" spirits after that scene?
Just because he showed the spirits of the people who just died to their loved ones, it doesn't mean he can control specters, make them possess people and what not.
And _again_, why would he bother anyway? He has freaking _Apostles_!
Do.I.know.that?
Moron.
xechnao said:
Pay attention at all the images while the battle. The sky is clouded.
You've got to be kidding me...

xechnao said:
You are just another flamer that has nothing actual to add.
You are just a parasite to this thread.
Being retarded is acceptable, a parasite is not.

What I added was that you are an idiot, your ideas are stupid and are not plausible. Griffith most likely is not controlling undead possessed soldiers, they are an army of apostles. APOSTLE ARMY. Stop being a dipshit and give up on your stupid idea. You're beating a dead horse.

Olivier Hague said:
Just because he showed the spirits of the people who just died to their loved ones, it doesn't mean he can control specters, make them possess people and what not.
And _again_, why would he bother anyway? He has freaking _Apostles_!Moron.
Stupid Moron:
When I say that he controls spirits I don't imply that he can do whatever he wants with them for instance create them, destroy them, join them or modify them.
He has a link with them as Guts has the brand-mark that calls a certain type of spirits in the shadow against him. Griffith has a power with a similar basis of nature as well. It's not exactly the same thing as if he were a kid and had transformer toys and he could tranform them when and however exactly he wants and do whatever exactly wants to do with them in his hands. The spirits that haunt Guts have a special connection and behaviour against him. With Griffith it is something different but there are always the same mechanics in the nature of this mystical powers in the world.
Now Griffith has an Apostle army. This doesn't say and exclude that he may also use this kind of shit I am talking about in his cause. So this argument of yours is simply not much.
Remember when he was Phemto and met with Guts and the dying count. Certainly there were the other four of his Godhand company around but this doesn't mean that there could be no spirits, wouldn't it?
No eat it up, shut up and return with a valid argument. If you can't find simply don't speak.

And just adding one thing that it may mean something to this (it certainly in general has to mean something as the scenes and the plot in the manga are not random so: no this doesn't mean anything, period as a quotation is accepted):
Remember Griffith when he was tortured before raising to demon status? Do you remember?
Were there any spirits around there that had anything to do with him? Did they say anything to him?

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)

O Great SKuLL LoRD_PHeMTo_ADMIN,

I beseech you, in the name of all that is McCoy, dear LoRD, trim this thread as you see fit, and remove all the naysayers from your 516|-|7, that your will and G|_0/2Y may be shown.

In Griffith's name I pray,
McCoy.
ghost.gif

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!

xechnao said:
He has a link with them as Guts has the brand-mark that calls a certain type of spirits in the shadow against him. Griffith has a power with a similar basis of nature as well.

Okay, it was ages ago that I read these episodes and my latest albums has not yet arrived *curses oversea mail* but that was quite an interesting thought...

Is anyone else interested in the fact that all the bad spirits seem to flock to G.attsu while all the good spirits seem to flock to Griffith?

And just another thing, to all the people in this thread...

If you think other people are insulting you, stop insulting them first. There is nothing you can do to change their mind, only show what childish persons they are by not sinking to their level. That way every bloddy thread wouldn't have to end in flaming just because somebody thinks someone has a stupid idea and resorts to insults to prove it.

BOB

poruno sutâ

Fishbomb said:
Is anyone else interested in the fact that all the bad spirits seem to flock to G.attsu while all the good spirits seem to flock to Griffith?

Yes, me. i also wonder why grif is white, guts is black, grif helps people, guts destroys people etc.
Thing is i need lotsa bad mushrooms till i start to speculate :)

Fishbomb said:
Okay, it was ages ago that I read these episodes and my latest albums has not yet arrived *curses oversea mail* but that was quite an interesting thought...

If I remember while human Griffith was tortured spirits sprang out from holes in the wall to encounter him. Griffith saw this spirits and actually they talked to him, praising his as the "prince of desires" and that they will serve him, pledge loyality, honour or adoration to him and wait for him or something exactly not like that but somehow. I guess these spirits in the torture chamber could also be classified as the bad ones, those that attack the two branded, Guts and Caska. So the connection is not just simply as you put it between Demon Griffith and spirits. He is a demon, one of the Godhand: it is his status to have some mystical interaction with the spirit world.
I don't say that whatever I said is true or a fact neither I ever wanted to say so. I just made some notice and speculation.
If you need to pass through hellfire for it then the hell with it.
You know something Fishbomb? I am gonna follow your advice and ignore people that seem to care only about flaming. And I am not a moron saying so, it is only that I expect more from this thread over here. I don't know what other people want and I don't have the authority to adjust things over here but this is some good advice of yours to this matter and I can only agree and try to follow it. Simple as that.

Fishbomb

BOB said:
Yes, me. i also wonder why grif is white, guts is black, grif helps people, guts destroys people etc.
Thing is i need lotsa bad mushrooms till i start to speculate :)

Heh, well... I am thinking that it looks like G.attsu is heading down the same path that Griffith took, that is falling prey to the darkness inside.

He probably won't stop before he hit rock bottom and has really alienated everyone. That armour of his won't make matters better either...

But I can't help wonder whether Griffith is just the same old Femto bastard hiding behind a white mask to get the people on his side, or whether he has been reunited with the white hawk and actually can care about people again even if he is anal about proving it.

Is he just using the apostles to get to his goal and will discard them in a nice little act of bertrayal when he won't need them anymore, or will he rule a land of monsters? Right now I honestly has no clue...

But it's sure fun speculating.

Adamh411 said:
This thread is terrible, furthermore, xechnao you are leading the polls for biggest retard

For him to "destroy that llama", do u think there is something even more obvious than that...?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

I would hate to ruin your little war here, but im going to use this thread how its actully supposed to be used.

04.jpg

Dont his eyes look a little unnatural? This proves hes not human.

Fishbomb

xechnao said:
If I remember while human Griffith was tortured spirits sprang out from holes in the wall to encounter him.

Yeah, that's right... I guess I should just chalk it up to Griffith's connection with the supernatural then. Even though those spirits looked like they were sent by the godhand to contact him what with the image of Void and the strange space they occupied.

*grins at the pictures* Speaking of the emperor, did anyone but me pity poor Charlotte? She certainly has seen her share of ravaging older men. Though I must say that the emperor had shown some restraint so far... I kinda liked that touch.

He's an asshole, but a classy one.

I really hate to bring up the hugeass arguement in any manner, but ah, if you look at the recent issues with Gut's new armor and the fight with Grunbeld, the dispute between whether the demon soldiers are apostles or undead is pretty easily settled in there. The demon soldiers that came with Grunbeld and Zodd talk intelligently, they transform into their full apostle forms and shed their armor, it's the middle of the day, there's fire everywhere and it's no problem, blah blah blah. That's all I'm gonna say, the proof is in the pudding right there especially, as well as in earlier areas of the manga. If you want to completely ignore it, fine by me, be ignorant.

Btw Olivier I feel really truely sorry for you =/

Anyway, I hope Sliatt doesn't eat it next chapter or any time soon ^^

Swordsman in Sable said:
I really hate to bring up the hugeass arguement in any manner, but ah, if you look at the recent issues with Gut's new armor and the fight with Grunbeld, the dispute between whether the demon soldiers are apostles or undead is pretty easily settled in there. The demon soldiers that came with Grunbeld and Zodd talk intelligently, they transform into their full apostle forms and shed their armor, it's the middle of the day, there's fire everywhere and it's no problem, blah blah blah. That's all I'm gonna say, the proof is in the pudding right there especially, as well as in earlier areas of the manga. If you want to completely ignore it, fine by me, be ignorant.

Btw Olivier I feel really truely sorry for you =/

Anyway, I hope Sliatt doesn't eat it next chapter or any time soon ^^

Hey,
undouptfully those demon soldiers over there were apostles you are talking about. But I still can stand on my case that Griffith may have a link with spirits or possessed under special circumstances. For instance, the bodies behind the fire in the castle could may be possessed as well as those "devil warriors" in the dark forest while Mule with the girl were passing. The spirits in the sunset around Griffith certainly were something strong about all this case.
And
what I want to say first place is not that Griffith has not any apostles. It certainly does and they are the core of the army. But Griffith's special powers are another bonus addition to that army. And there can be something strange happening with spirits and the powers he has. We will find out soon enough in the next chapters, I guess.

Fishbomb said:
Even though those spirits looked like they were sent by the godhand to contact him what with the image of Void and the strange space they occupied.

Griffith makes part of the Godhand now. If the Godhand can control spirits or have a rection with the supernatural why not Griffith?
Actually it is proven in the manga about the Godhand guy wich looks like a pig in the manga(don't remember his name, think it was Conrad) that somehow has a connection with them or something like that. Remember the rats that formed his face?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom