When did Guts go TRULY berserk?

tonberrykid02

Berserk is genius....pure genius!
in other words, what was his most berserk moment?

i say it was either trying to save Caska during the eclipse, or at the end of the Roshinu fight. he was willing to kill Jill to get to Roshinu. that was crazy.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Never really thought about it.

But maybe his fight with Grunbeld in the most recent chapters, with the new armor.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
I would have to agree with Kimchan. He snapped during that fight. All he cared about was destruction. I would say that was definitely the most Berserk moment he has had.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
Smith said:
I had to say Guts go berserk twice, one was in the eclipse and the other one was the battle between Grunbeld...
Yeah, you need to be a little out of it to lop your own arm off. I'd also like to mention the vicious stabbing of the count's severed head waaaay back in book 3. Ouch.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Akebobo said:
Yeah, you need to be a little out of it to lop your own arm off. I'd also like to mention the vicious stabbing of the count's severed head waaaay back in book 3. Ouch.
thats hatred, not rage. he was completely aware at the time.

O

Ozmo

Oh there was plenty of rage in there allright. Hatred doesn't exclude rage, far from it. His state fo awareness at the time could be debated, but I suppose it's best to say only Kentaro Miura knows. ;)

The Eclipse gets my vote for berzerkiest moment ever.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
the eclipse, you can't truly be berserk if you still have your sword in hand...in the eclipse he was the god of death, he was destruction, he grabbed a horn and ripped through masses of monsters he did anything he could to kill, i think he was truly berserk in the eclipse, the grunbeld was more the beast..

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
When Guts goes berserk, he loses himself in his rage. He ceases to be truely aware, like with Grunbeld. When he was stabing the count, he knew exactly what he was doing.

In the eclipse he was fighting for survival. Being BERSERK means be a 100% destruction machine for the most. The time he went trully BERSERK was the fight with Grunbeld.

There was another incident when he did go berserk... but only for a split second...

I dunno if you guys term that as berserk but in vol 21 when he saw the GH at the top of Albion, the rage in his face (or the beast) was something we had not seen before...

MarkedSwordsman

Am I cool or what?
There are a few times. When he was at the eclipse and going nuts until he passed out. In any other place that would have led to his death. Also, in Guts' fight against Grunbeld. The art style as we know changes we he becomes consumed by rage. In the past it has only lasted for a few seconds, but now it is lasting longer as the beast consumes.

Re:When did Gatts go TRULY berserk?

I don't think you can call cutting off his arm an act of rage. He loved Caska and was trying to protect her. Maybe at first he was trying to survive himself, but as soon as he saw Caska, she became a priority.

I think raping Caska is the one part where he loses absolute control. He was making such good progresswith her before that, and afterwards she started being afraid of him, so you know he regrets that. And I don't think Guts regrets lots...?

BiQ_

" ... "

I'd say eclipse. Grunbeld fight is also a good bet, so in the end I'm not really sure. In the beginning, though, he wasn't berserk, the armor just freed his body to fight without caring about injuries and pain.

off-topic, did he rape Caska? He (or the beast) did assault her, (twice) all right, but he still had the his armor and pants on when he woke up the second time. Well, it depends what you think as a rape. No, I don't think it's o.k. to force yourself on other human being and bite her/his breast to bleed, but ... I guess I'd better stop. That scene is tightly the 2nd on my personal most-hated-scene list... :'(

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.

I would say the first time he went berserk was right after he saw what happened to griff in the tower of rebirth. But the most berserkish moment would probably be during the eclipes and the fight with grun.

Yes, the tower of rebirth when Griffith is first found all messed up. I believe it was referred to as the thousand year tower at some stage.

Korcas

King of Cheesecake
Akebobo said:

Haha, really?

Let's think about it a little, if your best friend, that you look up to, who you even admire, and love on a friendly level.. kills all your friends that you consider your FAMILY, and on top of that rapes your girlfriend in front of your eyes, while a demon gnaws on your arm and you have to face certain death..

Would you NOT do anything to stop him and save you and her from death?

I sure as heck would, especially since the arm's being severed by the monster anyway, sooner or later, so off with it, and out with the rage.
I think Guts was pretty calm during the Eclipse, the more recent stuff like the Roshinu fight are way closer to being Berserk.

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Smith said:
There was another incident when he did go berserk... but only for a split second...

I dunno if you guys term that as berserk but in vol 21 when he saw the GH at the top of Albion, the rage in his face (or the beast) was something we had not seen before...

It was vol 20, when he saw the fake God Hand. Another was when the beast took over him and tried to kill/have sex with Casca. And numours times after getting the Berserk armour.

Top Bottom