What up with the lost chapter??

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Ray1881 said:
Why is is not in the manga? Does it exist? How did the guy get the transcript? Is it real?

It's not in the graphic novel because Miura decided it gave too much information away at once. It does in fact exist, it is real, it would've been in Volume 13, had it been in the graphic novel.

I don't know what guy you're talking about, but there are translations and scans of the lost chapter floating around out there.

Actually, i once had the lost chapter and the trans but because of a format c:, i lost it.. mybe that's why this chapter is called like that :p, i was looking for it right now and was about to post something and i've seen this thread.. i made a search on the BBS and found nothing.. maybe someone can help.. i also looked on kazaa, overnet and imesh...
Does anyone know what the Berserk prototype (1988) looked like ? is it the same chapter as the lost one ? If my memory is right, the last chapter is supposed to be chapter 086 (not the one in the volumes.. they can't put an hole)

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
DarkShurikn said:
Actually, i once had the lost chapter and the trans but because of a format c:, i lost it.. mybe that's why this chapter is called like that :p, i was looking for it right now and was about to post something and i've seen this thread.. i made a search on the BBS and found nothing.. maybe someone can help.. i also looked on kazaa, overnet and imesh...
Does anyone know what the Berserk prototype (1988) looked like ? is it the same chapter as the lost one ? If my memory is right, the last chapter is supposed to be chapter 086 (not the one in the volumes.. they can't put an hole)

The lost chapter was Chapter 83, would've been in Volume 13, but never made it into the graphic novel at Miura's request (that's why it's called "lost"). It's basically where Griffith meets Idea during the Eclipse. I think this was what Darok was trying to give you. Like he said, it goes to page 18:

http://hem.bredband.net/antfor/01.jpg

Berserk Prototype is the predecessor to Berserk, when Miura was still working the details for Berserk out. From his college days I believe. It's actually been published in Volume 14, as a sort of "extra feature" I guess. Nobody here has scanned or posted it, due to the fact that it looked pretty crappy apparently.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
well... if he knew how to right click he *could*

And I COULD pass that off as some sort of test about "you must have X IQ in order to view berserk" but, in truth, I'm just a fucktard that clicked the wrong button.

kimchan said:
The lost chapter was Chapter 83,

Berserk Prototype is the predecessor to Berserk, when Miura was still working the details for Berserk out. From his college days I believe. It's actually been published in Volume 14, as a sort of "extra feature" I guess. Nobody here has scanned or posted it, due to the fact that it looked pretty crappy apparently.

Thanks a lot Kimchan ! I was looking for chap 86 and found out it wasn't the right one.. i looked in chap 83 and i still have it !! great ! Thanks for the link !

I think it's sad that no one scanned the prototype.. thrue fan's would've do it no !?!? Anyways..
Thanks again!

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
DarkShurikn said:
I think it's sad that no one scanned the prototype.. thrue fan's would've do it no !?!?

I think true fans would just buy Volume 14 themselves.

O

Ozmo

So it's a fact now that Miura took it out because it told too much too soon? Or is it still an educated guess?

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
It is a urban legend.
First) it was published on YA, so deleting it from the books would be no use since a lot of readers had already seen it and its disparition had how only result that more people did speak about it. It would been akin to lock the stable door after the horse has bolted

second) Miura himself in a interview said that he wanted not God nor the devil in berserk.

third) the book was already 240 pages long, so since I think that he wanted close the book with the declaration of war of Guts I guess that he did sacrifice the chapter because he saw it like the more useless. By the same token I think that we will never see Idea again

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
It may just be stating the obvious but the only reason they stuck the prototype into vol 14 was to fill the space left by the removal of the Griffith/Idea chapter in vol 15. I wonder if the chapters are arranged for maximum suspense factor in the collections, or if each chapter is just so inherently good that you feel a physical need to get to the next one right away? Think I just answered my own question...

Judo

Midlands finest
another thing that confuses me about this chapter and the idea of evil is the fact that the last 3 chapters of vol.20 are called "the reflection of idea"(I only have the german issue, so I can't tell how they are exactly celled in english). When Miura wanted to cut the idea out of the story by erasing chapter 83, I can't figure out why he mentions it again 8 volumes later.

O

Ozmo

Me and good old Olivier here had a bit of an argument about this a while back. It consisted of myself making huge rectangular posts that made more sense then my average post, Olivier making tiny comments on it and me again misunderstanding what he was saying, making a total :D of myself.

Anyhow, his point was that everything in 83 *might* be cannonical and the Idea of Evil *might* exist, but we can't know for sure since it was for some reason removed from the manga. Of course we see a image of something looks a lot like the Idea while Flora is describing a creature exactly like the Idea, but Miura might have scrapped(/changed/left out since it told too much of the plot) the entire autobiography that the Idea gave in 83. Or something like that, feel free to think what you want of it all.

Top Bottom