ARGH!!!! Censorship!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Okay.

What the hell is this?

I write G.a.t.t.s. (without the dots of course) and out comes bloody Guts???

I know it is the so called official name now, but I do not like it! And I sure as hell do not want some bloody computer 'correcting' me. What's next?

*grumbles*

That is about the most patronising thing ever...

*just walks away, throughy pissed off*

O

Ozmo

gatts
gatsu
gatz
gutx0r

Even cencorship has it's limits. This is pretty much how 1337 terms like hax0r evolved you know. ;)

It's the one Walter prefers and I suppose that makes it official enough around here.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Ozmo said:
It's the one Walter prefers and I suppose that makes it official enough around here.

It's what Miura wants it to be, and that's enough to make it official anywhere.

Fishbomb

I just wonder where Miura said that? The only thing I heard was that he picked G@ttsu because it sounded german.

And Guts just gives me sooo many bad american associations I get shivers down my spine...

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Yup, I recently had this problem when image linking to screenshots of my G-A-T-S-U :p figure...it even screwed up the html! >:O Ah well.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
I <3 the change, as it is quite representative of the board's attitude as a whole. Everything goes his way or no way.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
The name has always been officially "Guts." The only reason it was ever spelled g-a-t-s-u was because of Japanese pronunciation. It even comes up as "guts" in my Japanese-English dictionary. So, let it go. ::)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Yes and when someone attempt to link another site that has in the address one of the forbidden names the link fails. Strix and me had to swear bullets to post her drawing. Anyway Hakushensa herself is much less rigid on the matter since she let her licensee to translate the names like they wish.

BOB

poruno sutâ
hehehe love to see that some subjects never die.

Wish ranemaka could tell me something bout a second season of the anime ;D

Fishbomb

*sighs*

Oh well... I'm torn between getting stubborn here and continue using G.a.t.t.s ... and just stop giving a fuck.

But who am I kidding. I'm a sucker for lost causes. He'll always be G.a.t.t.s to me. It just takes a bit longer to type.

And if Walther takes that in the 'spelling correcter' too, then I'll simply make up a new one. So there.

Sorry for venting on you people, not meaning to cause an argument or anything, it just pissed me off since I see no bloody use for it.

N

Nasferatu Zodd

Fishbomb said:
*sighs*

Oh well... I'm torn between getting stubborn here and continue using G.a.t.t.s ... and just stop giving a fuck.

But who am I kidding. I'm a sucker for lost causes. He'll always be G.a.t.t.s to me. It just takes a bit longer to type.
What makes you think we really give a damn if you go through the trouble to type G.a.t.t.s. or whatever, we made sure it wasnt G@tts? Still I still dont understand why you wont just spell it Guts. ::)

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
It may have been a little hasty and maybe Walter or who ever could have posted a warning or just saying that they were going to implement the filter but ultimately...who gives a fuck. ::)

Well Fishbomb u just have to used to it... If u have seen my earlier post i use to write Gut-z, in the end i got a bad wacking from Admins :(

Fishbomb

Nosferatu Zodd said:
What makes you think we really give a damn if you go through the trouble to type G.a.t.t.s. or whatever, we made sure it wasnt G@tts? Still I still dont understand why you wont just spell it Guts. ::)

*grins* Honestly I don't care if you give a damn *smiles*

I was just venting and making my displeasure known. Because if someone doesn't say anything, nobody will know that not everyone liked it.

Just a little thing like making my voice heard.

That's what makes a great board fun, that people can have different views without having their heads bitten off. Which why I find this decision unfortunate...

i had a bitch about it before when they first did it as well, i think it is a stupid idea to make everyone say the same fucken thing for god knows what reason, shits me to tears and completely pointless.

i originally used G A T T S as well, can a couple of bastards say "that how muira wanted it" but have proved no evidence to back up that statement.

even if it was true (even though i suspect they just say that cos so many agree on it) but it has been translated so many different ways, and who the fuck really cares, there was no confusion coming from this, everyone understood each other, there were no problems.

they changed it a month ago or so, for what has been accomplished im still not sure, but i assume the name guts was made by some americans, rather then muiras choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom