Why is everyone so hostile?

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Okay, I might be remembering things a little wrong but...

Why is everyone so hostile? I have seen several topics now that just seem to be excuses for people to jump in and attack others.

I mean... granted, an old debate might hold bad memories for some posters, but should that forbid newer posters to discuss the same thing? I am so sick and tired of the '...thanks for reviving the...' whatever as soon as there are new posts in an old subject

I mean... come on! Can't people be allowed to discuss what they want? What should all the new ones here do then? Or indeed, people that might have new thoughts on an old subject?

There are tons of posts out there which just basically pisses me off. So what do I usually do? I ignore them. If you think posting on a particilar subject is a waste of time, then why do it? Just don't read the bloody posts!

Also, if you get upset over something... try dealing with it in a calm manner. Not all people are as smart as you, or possesses the telepathy needed to understand your posts in all their intricate details. Is it really worth getting your point across by making fun of peoples inadequacies? Because the truth is you might just end up exposing your own instead... Sarcasm especially is a hard thing to get across on the net.

Just calm down a bit everyone. It's a bloody message board, and not the end of the world. *grins*

And yeah, I have been as guilty as everyone else on many occasions but...

I'm trying. *grins*

Vampire_Hunter_Bob

Cats are great
Well for me, it ALLLL started when I lost my left testicle in a knife fight with that one guy [the Italian guy that got banned] turns out he isn't Italian nor does he live in Italy. But the moral of the story is... he's dead.

Yeah I'm getting tired of the Noob that gets jumped when he is asking for information about "Guin Saga", and the next two posts are flames about how he is an idiot, because he asked for scans.

P.S. Sorry for not saying it earlier but welcome back.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
I guess because we've had quite a few morons come our way in the past year, people have gotten pretty hostile. Some are worse than others *cough*Majin*cough*. But it does get old after a while.

Start the peaceful revolution Fishbomb! ;D

P

psymont

Fishbomb said:
Okay, I might be remembering things a little wrong but...

Why is everyone so hostile? I have seen several topics now that just seem to be excuses for people to jump in and attack others.

I mean... granted, an old debate might hold bad memories for some posters, but should that forbid newer posters to discuss the same thing? I am so sick and tired of the '...thanks for reviving the...' whatever as soon as there are new posts in an old subject

I mean... come on! Can't people be allowed to discuss what they want? What should all the new ones here do then? Or indeed, people that might have new thoughts on an old subject?

There are tons of posts out there which just basically pisses me off. So what do I usually do? I ignore them. If you think posting on a particilar subject is a waste of time, then why do it? Just don't read the bloody posts!

Also, if you get upset over something... try dealing with it in a calm manner. Not all people are as smart as you, or possesses the telepathy needed to understand your posts in all their intricate details. Is it really worth getting your point across by making fun of peoples inadequacies? Because the truth is you might just end up exposing your own instead... Sarcasm especially is a hard thing to get across on the net.

Just calm down a bit everyone. It's a bloody message board, and not the end of the world. *grins*

And yeah, I have been as guilty as everyone else on many occasions but...

I'm trying. *grins*

ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif
ranting2.gif

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ
Sometimes it is funny to see someone whom is truely retarded be flamed, but it does have its limit. I have seen alot guys on here take repeated abuse for seemingly nothing. I agree that some of the flaming is out of order. ;)

NightCrawler

Aeons gone, vast, mad and deathless
Even the mods/admin flame, so i guess, its helpless.
Just read the "very little" usefull information around here.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
I live in america, a country founded on hostility. It's my duty as a citizen of this nation to leave a smoking crater wherever there are people who don't agree with me.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
kimchan said:
*cough*Majin*cough*.
;D

I blame the flow of stupid newbies into the berserk world, its grateing on everyone's nerves. Really, for all the people who know nothing but the anime, there should be sub-comunities where they can only annoy each other. At least that way, they won't annoy us with their groundbreaking theories on Skullknight being Gaseric and Zodd being Guts father.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Majin Tenshi said:
;D

I blame the flow of stupid newbies into the berserk world, its grateing on everyone's nerves. Really, for all the people who know nothing but the anime, there should be sub-comunities where they can only annoy each other. At least that way, they won't annoy us with their groundbreaking theories on Skullknight being Gaseric and Zodd being Guts father.

For some reason, that makes me think of the Berserk board at Arcticnightfall. ^^;

Well... Fishbomb you are right, your words did knock some sense into me because we are all noobs once, and we all ask stupid question before, i will try to be more polite with them nxt time :p

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Thanks for the welcome backs...

Perhaps it is just since I have been gone so long that I notice these things. I mean take the discussion about Gatts/Guts... I have a faint memory of discussing that years ago... and that it was a huge fight then too. But people who was not there then would not know that, and they would not know about the arguments pro and con. For them this whole ruckus is just plain confusing since all that is said is 'this is how it is' with no background provided.

But the amount of hostility generated is incredible...

*grins and shakes head*

Oh well...

kimchan said:
I guess because we've had quite a few morons come our way in the past year, people have gotten pretty hostile. Some are worse than others *cough*Majin*cough*. But it does get old after a while.

yes certian members of skulll knight.net clearly have an annoying arrogance simpily because they have more posts then others, and think that if you dont your retarded on the subject. its actually quiet sad.

incognitoX

you fail me
Sparnage said:
yes certian members of skulll knight.net clearly have an annoying arrogance simpily because they have more posts then others, and think that if you dont your retarded on the subject. its actually quiet sad.

Actually, I can see why they are this way.

I used to post at another nonrelated forum for a good 2 years to see it turn to bullshit with people who ask stupid questions and being filled to the brim with 13 year olds who'd cry over the littlest mean thing said about them and PM mods to lock a topic that had a flamer in it. I'm glad Skullknight.net isn't the way of the forum I mentioned..it seems more of a darwinistic "survival of the fittest" environment.

Granted, I am probably still a n00b compared to the older posters here but I've managed to read a majority of the posts of WHAT NOT to ask and at least gained somewhat of an idea how to comply with what they want.

Though..I think if a poster sometimes makes a stupid speculation without giving any lip to the mods and trying to be a douchebag about arguing his point..then the mods+other posters should chill a bit. Otherwise... keep skullknight.net EVIL!

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Amen brother X.

Sparnage said:

Trust me, it's not the size of the post counts, it's how you use it. ;)

-Griffith

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
Smith said:
Well... Fishbomb you are right, your words did knock some sense into me because we are all noobs once, and we all ask stupid question before, i will try to be more polite with them nxt time :p
My freind In my humblest opinion you be being a large part of the problem so watch your step before I rip it off.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Well, at least we'll have enough (morons) come time for the eclipse, in which Walter sacrifices a great number of n00bs, etc.

Akebobo

my god... it's full of pants
I am wondering if any newcomers are welcome here at all, at least as anything other than nasty comment fodder. I can understand the irritation caused by ignorants who fail to have read the (excellent) FAQ section, even those who have not been fortunate enough to own or have seen the original manga, but the elitist attidude floating around here fills the air with a less than pleasing bouquet. Some people know less, and come here to learn more. What exactly do you guys want? How high of a learning curve are you setting here?

Akebobo said:
I am wondering if any newcomers are welcome here at all, at least as anything other than nasty comment fodder. I can understand the irritation caused by ignorants who fail to have read the (excellent) FAQ section, even those who have not been fortunate enough to own or have seen the original manga, but the elitist attidude floating around here fills the air with a less than pleasing bouquet. Some people know less, and come here to learn more. What exactly do you guys want? How high of a learning curve are you setting here?

I believe this board wants to have a funny style as the Simpons. Truth is some people overdo it sometimes in the process by making fun of others and selfishly overgloryfing their persona. Stupid comments are the major prey or anything anti-BERSERK, speaking from personal experience. But the elitists are finally the greatest jerks of all time.
It could be better, it could be worse.
Hope for better and enjoy yourtime around here. Mostly don't take things personally.

Top Bottom