BS about Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
In Korean berserk forum, some members are arguing on these.
I get shocked so much whenever I hear ppl still say these BS:

1) Griffith thrust his hand to strangle Guts when Guts went to the dungeon to rescue him. This is why Judo got stunned so much.
----> fucking amazing. See how Griffith has been to Guts. He, incarnated,even went to the hill to check if his feelings for Guts still remained.

2) Griffith fucked Casca in the wagon.
----> Oh, yes. Such a crippled body still can fuck?
Wow how great fucking power he has!
ohhh, yeah it makes sense now. I can understand 100% why Casca cried so much and told Guts not to go with him.

3) Griffith is gay.
---> I think this will be repeated forever......

OK, guys, if there are other BS about Griffith you've ever heard, let me know here.
Hope not to see such BS any more though.

i always did wonder about if for a second griffith had his hand around guts neck out of shock and hatred, as shortly before that when griffith speaks his mind in the dungeon he blames guts for putting him in the darkness. probablly not though, but muira probablly put that there for a reason though, to make the reader think.

i take it when you say "check his feelings for guts you mean sexual feelings" i dont think griffith was gay, but lets face it there is some sort of love between the two of them, not necessarily in a homosexual way, though if it was at all for griffith i wouldnt be surprised.

one of the reasons that guts left was because he heard griffith stated to the princess that he considers a friend an equal in his eyes, and none of his men are what he would call friends but his "good workers". that aside its safe to assume he held guts at least as high as a friend during the time he served under him, even when he was not trying to find his own dream.
makes you think.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Olivier Hague said:
I'm not sure that's BS, actually...
well... in the anime its quite clear. I'm not inclined to unzip a few volumes to find the frame in the manga, but I'd guess its rather probable.

Griffith did blame Guts for his fall. His feelings were very mixed at the time.

Oh, and on point #2... he tried...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
puella said:
In Korean berserk forum, some members are arguing on these.
I get shocked so much whenever I hear ppl still say these BS:

1) Griffith thrust his hand to strangle Guts when Guts went to the dungeon to rescue him. This is why Judo got stunned so much.

Yeah, that one certainly isn't BS; one of the main points of the scene.

Majin Tenshi said:
Oh, and on point #2... he tried...

I think it's broader and more ambiguous than just that. Though, it's certainly an aspect that's supposed to go through your mind (ahh, foreshadowing). =)

As for #3; hey, why not? Guts is a hunk.

-Griffith

puella

Berserk forever
Actually, I don't watch the anime often. Just 3-4 times? and it's been quite a long time.
I just checked and checked the scene in the manga.

I've never thought it could be possible till now.
I checked the scene once more this morning.

......It looks possilbe to me now.
I think it's because I tried to find what I've never thought of in the scene thanks to you guys.

Then, now I want to change my topic to this one.
If it's true Griffith tried to strangle Guts as soon as he saw him in the dungeon, why?

Because of hatred?
or some jealousy? Since Guts was still shining so brilliantly while Griffith became totally ruined?
What could be a good explanation for the scene? ::)

I still can't understand the scene.
Griffith could never forget Guts in the dungeon and finally he showed up to rescue him. Then Griffith tried to strangle him?

puella said:
Griffith could never forget Guts in the dungeon and finally he showed up to rescue him. Then Griffith tried to strangle him?

I thought he tried to grip hold of him, never letting him go (which mean overjoyed to see him...)

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
puella said:
Because of hatred?
or some jealousy? Since Guts was still shining so brilliantly while Griffith became totally ruined?

Actually, I think that sums up a lot of it :D. The rest (IMO, since its never really spelled out explicitly) is because he felt that Guts was not there for him. I mean. when you think about it, Griffith was almost always there to save Guts whenever Guts would get in way over his head, but eventually Guts stopped needing help and it was Griffith who started needing help. Yet, Guts was not there for him. Guts had left Griffith. Abandoned him, even. Then that leads to the whole, "Why was Griffith so upset when Guts left?" arguement. Some people say it was because Griffith felt betrayed by his friend, others just thought Griffith was upset because a pawn in his well thought plan had defied its purpose. I personally think that over that year of torture, Griffith recalled everything that had to do with everything, including Guts, and he just felt like Guts did not care about him anymore, despite the many times Griffith saved his life. But hey, I could be way off on this one ;D would'nt be the first time, after all.

Griffith

I don't think it's so much Guts not being there for him as it is a matter of control. Guts once belonged to Griffith, and somewhere along the way Griffith fell under the influence of Guts. Leading to his self-destruction when Guts' left. That's why he wanted to destroy him then, and why he did at the Eclipse.

-Griffith

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
But, you forget, that as Guts and the Hawks were comeing over the hill just before the eclipse, Griffith wanted Guts to stay away. (once again, the anime is fresher in my mind) It was somethink like, "if you grab my hand now, I can never forgive you"... it was certianly said in the sense that Griff had a clue what was comeing.

Griffith

Majin Tenshi said:
But, you forget, that as Guts and the Hawks were comeing over the hill just before the eclipse, Griffith wanted Guts to stay away.

No, I didn't, actually.

-Griffith

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
puella said:
Actually, I don't watch the anime often. Just 3-4 times? and it's been quite a long time.
I just checked and checked the scene in the manga.

I've never thought it could be possible till now.
I checked the scene once more this morning.

......It looks possilbe to me now.
I think it's because I tried to find what I've never thought of in the scene thanks to you guys.

Then, now I want to change my topic to this one.
If it's true Griffith tried to strangle Guts as soon as he saw him in the dungeon, why?

Because of hatred?
What could be a good explanation for the scene? ::)

Have you ever thought that in his pain and confusion (maybe he was half awake) he did mistaken him at first for his tormentor ( the only man that he saw for a year ?). You too if you was tortured mercilessly for so long a time, day in and day out, would atempt to strike anyone that come near you even if he was your rescuer.

Pyotr

It is my destiny to lead
roberto999 said:
Have you ever thought that in his pain and confusion (maybe he was half awake) he did mistaken him at first for his tormentor ( the only man that he saw for a year ?). You too if you was tortured mercilessly for so long a time, day in and day out, would atempt to strike anyone that come near you even if he was your rescuer.

There is meaning in almost everything in Berserk, no matter how small. And this scene was emphasized far too much for Griffith to just 'mistake' someone like Guts as an ugly torturer. That would have no meaning and would only take up space in the manga, and like I said before, Everything in Berserk has a Deeper Meaning.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Pyotr said:
There is meaning in almost everything in Berserk, no matter how small. And this scene was emphasized far too much for Griffith to just 'mistake' someone like Guts as an ugly torturer. That would have no meaning and would only take up space in the manga, and like I said before, Everything in Berserk has a Deeper Meaning.
I wont say Griffith mistook Guts for the shithead, but it's true passing one full year emprisonned and tortured by the crapman must have changed him in some way. I mean, he has got the time to ponder about all the things that had happened because he got crushed, before Guts would leave him.
And, shithead made his hatred grow. I think he must have developped (self)destroying feelings at the moments. So, IMO, its not impossible that the day he saw Guts - or it could have been anyone - , he wanted to get rid of him in some subconscious way.
Well the explanation could be better, i got to work.
Guil

Top Bottom