Memento

Here's a question that I'd like to discuss:

Do you think Lenny's affliction is psychological or physiological? Does he willingly forget things or is he physically unable to make new memories. Furthermore, is Lenny Sammy Jankis?

I personally can see both sides of the argument, since Lenny is an extremely unreliable narrator. There are several ways to "prove" both sides. But, I do think that Lenny=Sammy.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

ranemaka13 said:
I'd rather you wouldnt waste space with a such a dick-witted question xech. Discuss. Look it up.

Ok, Prof.
Look if that really matters to you that WE find the right answer -and there only is one definite right answer (and not both as you seem to imply) I may look up something I have made to the past which indeed resolves the mysteries of the whole film and this is confirmed. Right now I do not remember the arguments of the solution, neither the details of the film itself. Tomorrow I will search and if you are lucky I might find it and if you are rich you are gonna have it ;D
Ok just a dumb, silly joke the last one ranemaka13

ranemaka13 said:
there are times when i wish i could just delete entire members...
is that an insult?
and if it is what is for? and don't you dare suggest that it serves a reason you can not or need not explain over here.
your turn. try to waste it

BOB

poruno sutâ
xechnao said:
is that an insult?

Guess he's flirting with you. he wants to delete all the other members on this board so he can enjoy your delicate and sublime postings on a 24/7 basis without being distracted by irrelevant and impudent posts by retarded pigfucks

BOB

poruno sutâ
anyway i think he is sammy jenkins and due to the guilt he feels his subconsciousness created a different person out of it. it becomes obvious in a few short scenes where he actually does the same things jenkins did (at least to me it was obvious).

About his amnesia i think it is like manic depression and stuff like that. psychological but very well affecting the body. He learned to come to terms with it by creating certain goals for not completely losing track of everything, even if it means sacrifying others. Hell they also use him and his illness all the time so why not paying them back.

Darok

Melancholy (Holy Martyr)
ranemaka13 said:
Here's a question that I'd like to discuss:

Do you think Lenny's affliction is psychological or physiological? Does he willingly forget things or is he physically unable to make new memories. Furthermore, is Lenny Sammy Jankis?

I personally can see both sides of the argument, since Lenny is an extremely unreliable narrator. There are several ways to "prove" both sides. But, I do think that Lenny=Sammy.

Discuss amongst yourselves.

It is definitely a mental issue. Anterograde Amnesiacs have ONLY short-term memory, and constantly walk about thinking it has only been a few minutes since the time they recieved trauma sufiicient to cause this, or sometimes long before the trauma. (want to play with an anterograde amnesiac? Hold up a mirror to one 10-20 years after their last memory. They FREAK.)

A True anterograde amnesiac wouldn't possess the singularity of purpose the Main Character had. He should have constantly been surprised by the tattoos, every few MINUTES.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Well it's just a movie, it doesn't all have to be like it does in real life, so that argument doesn't really work in my opinion.

But this is what I thought happened, Lenny's wife was raped but she survived, thanks to her husband. But Lenny got himself hurt in the process and lost his ability to make new memories. Now the whole Sammy Jenkis story started and thus in the end Lenny killed his own wife with an overdosis of insuline. He couldn't live with this horrible truth so he starts lying to himself in his notes and tattoos to prevent himself from finding out the truth. So that's basically it, his condition was purely psychological, to avoid the horrible truth that the actual killer was Lenny himself.

Top Bottom