Episode 232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Special Preview GET!

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/index.html

Click on the What's New link that starts with "YA24".

Chapter title: "Kihei". This could mean "Demon Soldier"... but I'm not sure, since "Kiheitai" means "Cavalry". Anybody with more Japanese knowledge, any enlightenment?

Looks like the Silatt's buff boily bosom buddies are back in action. Who could they be giving the boot? Most people seem to agree on Rakshas, huh... well, we'll find out soon enough. ^^

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Thanks for that ^_^

I'm pretty sure the shadowy figure is Rakshas... it'd be nice to see him actually kill someone... just not Silatt, I wanna see him fight Guts again!
Graywords said:
Chapter title: "Kihei". This could mean "Demon Soldier"... but I'm not sure, since "Kiheitai" means "Cavalry". Anybody with more Japanese knowledge, any enlightenment?​

I remember reading up on Takasugi Shinsaku awhile ago. His band of militia was known as the "Kiheitai" or "Extraordinary Corps". But, after checking around online, it also came up as "Cavalry".. so you Japanese experts can squabble amongst yourselves ;)

Graywords said:
Special Preview GET!

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/index.html

Click on the What's New link that starts with "YA24".

Chapter title: "Kihei". This could mean "Demon Soldier"... but I'm not sure, since "Kiheitai" means "Cavalry". Anybody with more Japanese knowledge, any enlightenment?

Looks like the Silatt's buff boily bosom buddies are back in action. Who could they be giving the boot? Most people seem to agree on Rakshas, huh... well, we'll find out soon enough. ^^

Undouptfully this is Rakshas.
What are you talking about "Kihei" makes me think about Locus or Griffith. They are the two cavaliers of the story. But then it could certainly be another thing and as a matter of fact I believe this is the case. Don't know, somebody with better understanding of japaneese could explain perhaps better the term but still it could not be much helpfull about the speculation of the chapter's story.

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!
Fishbomb said:
Well... giving the lumpy black shape in last issue he sure seems to be the number one suspect...

Mmm, yes, he's definitely in the Most Likely list. =D

Then again, Miura likes lumpy black things. Even Skull Knight, in his first appearance, looked suspiciously similar to the mass at the end of 231... at least with the bulbous and detail-less part =p

It *is* more than likely Rakshas. I'm just wondering, is there some sort of solid proof that I overlooked? I haven't browsed Saiki's undoubtedly wonderful translations thoroughly, nor have I taken the time to sit down and do it myself...

xechnao said:
Undouptfully this is Rakshas.

Proof?

I think it could be a wandering spirit controlled by Griffith... ::)

Either way, maybe this time we'll actually get to SEE Tapasa v. Rakshas... instead of just the opening punches =/

Graywords said:
Mmm, yes, he's definitely in the Most Likely list. =D

Even Skull Knight, in his first appearance, looked suspiciously similar to the mass at the end of 231... at least with the bulbous and detail-less part =p
I could have never think of that and nor anybody else could, in my humble opinion.
Graywords said:
He passed unnoticed and was lethal. It seems to be his speciality. Also it looks identicall in his first introduction.
Graywords said:
I think it could be a wandering spirit controlled by Griffith... ::)
Nice try but you come too late. Flaming this has allready been exhausted to death.

xechnao said:
Nice try but you come too late. Flaming this has allready been exhausted to death.

Actually, that was not flaming. It was witty sarcasm, flaming is different. Don't become paranoic ;)

According to the last picture of 231 and the preview one (which reminds me of that with the opening punches) it's 99% Rakshas.
I can't wait to see him fighting too, I'm wondering how strong Tapasas and Silatt are, compared to an apostle being (assumed that Rakshas is an apostle).
In your opinion, whom is that title ("demon soldier" or similar, according to Graywords") referring to? Rakshas? The Emperor? Someone else?

Graywords said:
Then again, Miura likes lumpy black things. Even Skull Knight, in his first appearance, looked suspiciously similar to the mass at the end of 231... at least with the bulbous and detail-less part =p

Hmmm... it would be interesting if it was Skullknight that battle them...

P.S Do anyone here think that SK will appear again in this major conflict between the Kushan and the hawk... I miss this guy pretty badly

xechnao said:
Yeah, yeah whatever you say ;)

You really behave much like Corkus...

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Do Foss and Raban know what happened to Griffith before?

Well I am just glad to see the storyline returning to what I am and was familiar with most: Charlotte, Midland, the return of other old characters such as Foss and Raban.

I am a bit confused here. Foss and Raban await the return of the Falcon ( Griffith). Has this been written about in the Holy See as a prophecy...or do they equate the Falcon with old Griffith of the Taka no Dan? Foss and Raban were not aware that he had been captured by the king, Charlotte's father, and imprisoned and tortured, right?

And they certainly had no knowledge of the terrible sacrifice Griffith made to become Femto.

LG

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
About the sacrifice you are right of course,no human being does know except for the two survivors, and one of them is not talking. About the imprisonement of Griffith: After Griffith escape the King issued an All Point Bulletin about him. Foss was then the prime minister (do you believe that he did not knew?)and Raban in a past issue grumbled about the fact that half of the army was employed to hunt just one man. Foss had a premonition of the Hawk returning. So they know but just now I don't think they care that much about it. If an outlaw can save the kingdom , he is welcome.After all the king is dead and his daughter always had that weak spot for Griffith. Oh, but I am sure you know this already ;D

Re:Do Foss and Raban know what happened to Griffith before?

Lady Griffith said:
Has this been written about in the Holy See as a prophecy...

Hmmm, I don't remember this Holy See reference in general and it's writtings. Was it sput out when the Holy Chain was giving the hunt at Black Swordsman?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

Lady Griffith said:
Well I am just glad to see the storyline returning to what I am and was familiar with most: Charlotte, Midland, the return of other old characters such as Foss and Raban.

I am a bit confused here. Foss and Raban await the return of the Falcon ( Griffith). Has this been written about in the Holy See as a prophecy...or do they equate the Falcon with old Griffith of the Taka no Dan? Foss and Raban were not aware that he had been captured by the king, Charlotte's father, and imprisoned and tortured, right?

And they certainly had no knowledge of the terrible sacrifice Griffith made to become Femto.

LG

I'm sure they must've been aware that Griffith had been imprisoned, Griffith had a high profile by then and anything like that would spread like wildfire. And, Foss almost always has his nose in the scandals and happenings at court, so he must've heard. Either way, it would be hard to miss, since one minute Griffith is on top and the next, he's just gone and his army is wanted and on the run. Of course, as you said, the Eclipse is another story.

Maybe the reason they are expecting "the Hawk" is because of the mass dream that occurred a few volumes back. Apparently just about everyone in Midland dreamed of the White Hawk one way or the other, so maybe they saw that and then made their own connections from there. There's only one "Hawk" they've known personally. ;D

kimchan said:
Maybe the reason they are expecting "the Hawk" is because of the mass dream that occurred a few volumes back. Apparently just about everyone in Midland dreamed of the White Hawk one way or the other, so maybe they saw that and then made their own connections from there. There's only one "Hawk" they've known personally. ;D

I was wondering what Charlotte thought about this and what connection she made. Why didn't she try to make her way to the Albion? Were the Kushans posing an obstacle at that time?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?

xechnao said:
I was wondering what Charlotte thought about this and what connection she made. Why didn't she try to make her way to the Albion? Were the Kushans posing an obstacle at that time?

I don't know for sure. It's possible that if she too had that dream, she didn't understand it pertained to Albion (Charlotte doesn't seem to be the smartest person according to most in the court). The Kushan are a possibility too, since (if the translation I have is accurate) they invaded Midland around Volume 17, which is also when the dream occured.

Also, after reading over the volume 17 summary in the FAQ, apparently Raban does know that Griffith had been imprisoned and that he was rescued. This was when he was traveling through the plague infested village:

"We should have been rebuilding the economy, and strengthening our nation after a war...But we spent all of our budget on finding a criminal. The king's eyes then, they were a Madmans."

"There is only one man who is the symbol of the Hawk. There is only one man in all of Midland."

GoHF

I'm a llama!
Middle-top preview picture shows a sort of a shadow who just jumped to avoid the kicks. Yeah, it does look like Rakshas.

Tell me something I didn't get from the previous chapters, the guys who go with silat (sp, sorry), they used to be four, two fought rakshas and now they're only two. I assume those other two died, despite their obvious inhuman strength. Is this correct?

ok, nevermind, I just checked back a few issues and they are the same that fought rakshas the first time :)

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
Graywords said:
Either way, maybe this time we'll actually get to SEE Tapasa v. Rakshas... instead of just the opening punches =/
If he did came here to fight on Griffith errand. But he could have came here by himself and maybe he wants just to ask to a bearded friend of ours if he has 30 pieces of money to spare...

King Gaiseric

I walk the path of hell
Volume 26 won't help much, it's basically trolls bashing, killing slan, discovering Skull Knight's kickass dimension-cutting behelit sword, having his ass kicked by Grunbeld, wearing the armor, slices a few apostles, goes berserk and transforms into his innerbeast, kick Grunbeld's ass in his human form *as human as he can be*, cliff hanger...one hella action filled volume ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom