Episode 232

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
King Gaiseric said:
Volume 26 won't help much, it's basically trolls bashing, killing slan, discovering Skull Knight's kickass dimension-cutting behelit sword, having his ass kicked by Grunbeld, wearing the armor, slices a few apostles, goes berserk and transforms into his innerbeast, kick Grunbeld's ass in his human form *as human as he can be*, cliff hanger...one hella action filled volume ;D
Good spoiler for Kart, man ! :( 8) ::)
Guil

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Graywords said:
Special Preview GET!

http://www.younganimal.com/berserk/index.html

Click on the What's New link that starts with "YA24".

Chapter title: "Kihei". This could mean "Demon Soldier"... but I'm not sure, since "Kiheitai" means "Cavalry". Anybody with more Japanese knowledge, any enlightenment?

Looks like the Silatt's buff boily bosom buddies are back in action. Who could they be giving the boot? Most people seem to agree on Rakshas, huh... well, we'll find out soon enough. ^^

The Rakshas wore boots beneath his robes? That doesn't seem likely. I'm going to say it's NOT Rakshas.

LG

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
The person with the boots just looks like Silat. If Rakshas is there, maybe he's that black blur in the middle, top of the picture.

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
And Rakshas can unhinge himself and do crazy shit with his joints and flexibility powers. Why would he boot ass when he can whupass ;)

LG

Kart

Resident /b/tard
i think it's silatt, and i already knew what was happening, i never caught up enough to read the translations/scans though so i'm kinda clueless as to the details.

korkor

I could be a llama
Lady Griffith said:
The Rakshas wore boots beneath his robes? That doesn't seem likely. I'm going to say it's NOT Rakshas.

LG

no rakshas didnt wear boots, and the person wearing boots isnt rakshas, we are talking about the shadow at the top middle part that is dodging the kicks being rakshas

P

PsychoJavexx

Like I said in another topic, Silatt always seems to be turned away from his enemy. Or so it seems lately.

Uriel said:
"Who could they be giving the boot?" = Kicking ;)

right, thats what i thought you meant, but then i get these:

Lady Griffith said:
The Rakshas wore boots beneath his robes?
xechnao said:
I would say this guy with the boots you are talking about is Shilat.

and i was just wondering where they got someone was wearing boots.

My vote is for Rakshas, by the way. unless Griffs employed someone equally mysterious, but im not gonna go there.

PsychoJavexx said:
Like I said in another topic, Silatt always seems to be turned away from his enemy. Or so it seems lately.

I believe it's his combat style that makes him take this stance. The flying rings and that other flexy blades he developed against Guts back then in the forest need some distance to be combat effective otherwise in point blank range his enemy can strike him much more effectivelly with close combat engagement while Silat tries to use these weapons. So, it is simply a fact of common sense strategy. Like a bowman to strike with the bow will be deployed at a distance from his prey as the bow allows. Now if his adversary can engage in close quarters the other adversary has to choose the more suitable method to his advantage. A bowman drops his bow and rolls with punches, brawling, wrestling or even draws a dagger if he has one. Strategy is what is all about when it comes to decisions.

P

PsychoJavexx

Yeah, I understand all the strategy stuff. I just don't like how Silatt always gets embarassed or humiliated, and his enemies always seem to have some sort of advantage over him. I mean at the end of 231 his enemy was right behind him, and he couldn't see it. And then in the preview it's either jumping over him, or falling on him, and he doesn't see it. lol It's just not looking good for him, he looks like a comic relief character, although I know he's not.

Remember how he caught a crossbow arrow with his bare hand in front of the Kushan commander's face while was back-facing to the guy that fired?
I doupt anyone in BERSERK we have seen so far can do a stunt like this.
Then he humiliated Caska, put Guts in difficulty, survived an attack of Guts and is cool enough even after been humiliated by Guts to retain a cool approach on his task and position. He is the ideal commander. I think he is comparably or even more cool and determined from old Griffith of the Hawks himself.

Mizar said:
I'm gonna eat my boots if this "intruder" isn't Rakshas. I'm serious.

You just have to eat your words if that wasnt the case... but of coz, we cant think of anyone except him unless he is a new Griffith follower which had yet to be introduced...

Look like their fight will occupy the whole chapter... ;)

Smith said:
Look like their fight will occupy the whole chapter... ;)

I don't believe so but everything is possible. Do you think Rakhasas is an apostle or not? I give more chances he is but he still may not surelly be. If he indeed is an apostle I wonder in what he may tranform. Maybe a tentacle thing with some nasty poison? Anyway for now he reminds me of something like the Harlequin dancers with this mask.

King Gaiseric

I walk the path of hell
um sorry to break your bubble, is Rakhasas the thing that finds that Griffith has a beautiful face and someday he will make it its own?

*this is what I found about Rakhasas:
The rakshasas are evil spirits in Hindu mythology with magical and shape-shifting abilities. The Ramayana states that they were created from the foot of Brahma to protect the primeval waters. The demon, Ravana, was their king. Other sources refer to the rakshasas as the descendants of Pulastya or the children of the Vedic goddess of death, Nirriti, and her consort Nirrita, & even as the children of Khasa.

In terms of appearance, rakshasas are described as yellow, green, or blue with vertical slits for eyes, matted eyes, large bellies, and five feet, as well as having poisonous fingernails that can kill humans. They tend to take on the appearance of animals such as dogs, vultures, and owls, but can also appear as humans.

Rakshasas feed off of human flesh and foods which have been contaminated by insects or sneezed upon. They are mischievous creatures that inhabit cemeteries, destroy sacrifices, and possess humans (through food) causing insanity and illness. Many rakshasas were cruel humans in a past life.
so I'm a bit confused :-\*

O

Ozmo

When is 232 going to be released again? I seem to have suffered head injury and damaged the when-the-next-chapter-of-berserk-is-going-to-be-released section of my otherwise formidable brain.

KA, what are you so confused about? Basically it's another case of "Let's make a cool character in a fantasy story and give him a mythological name that may or may not have more or less to do with him."

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The rakshasas are named in the Ramayana a indu epic. They lived in Lanka (Ceylon)Their great enemy was the simian god Hanuman

Everything that he did was only for the pleasure of Lord Rama, whether it was building bridges, fighting rakshasas or flying across the country to fetch life saving herbs, his constant meditation was how to best serve Rama. When he sought out Sita in Ravana's Lanka, he was not merely satisfied at delivering to her the message of Lord Rama. He also destroyed the forest, killed many rakshasas and burnt down half of Lanka. That is the mood of a pure devotee.

http://www.ramayana.com/hanuman.htm

Could it be that under the Rakshas mask hides an ape ? One that is here to deliver a message to Lady Charlotte ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom