Macross Zero

Macross Zero the 5 episode OVA covering the time that lead up to the events of Super Deminsional Fortress Macross is currently in production/release in Japan. The halfway point was reached with the recent release of episode 3 last month. Once again it proves itself to be once of the best animated shows. The blend of 2D and 3D is nigh perfect, smoothly flowing from the 2D characters to the 3D ships, Valkyries, etc. Featuring the most action in the series thus far, episode 3 starts a little slow, but blows up into some of the best anime action in a while. This is deffinitely a series that needs to be liscensed and put out in the US soon.

:-* :'( :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :eek: 8) ??? :p ::) :-[ :-X :-\

I CONVEY A RANGE OF EMOTIONS, VIEW MY GLORIOUS SPLENDIFEROUSNESS, PANTS PATROL OFFICER!!!!

don't skimp on the love juice@!!@

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
uuuuummmm... Ive heard of Macross Zero... but where can I order them ???... quite interested in them.... "help me obi wan kenobi"

CD Japan is the only place I know off the top of my head. Unfortuantely they are Region 2 and have no subtitles.

Franz, any particular reason why? I'll admit I like the story, but I'm really watching it for the action. When I said that I was refering to the animation on each episode.

Franz

It's a dolphin.
Eh, I'm really not digging the whole polynesian island kinda thing...its like this whole presense of "magic" that's not really fitting to Macross. In addition, who the hell are these enemy fighters w/veritechs if the global war was supposed to be halted because of the alien ship crash? These enemies were never mentioned otherwise, its like they decided to add it just because they needed a common enemy and action.

I never got to see the original Macross so I'm kinda ignorant as to the full history. I guess that makes it easier for me to swallow. At least episode 3 makes it a little more clear as to why its happening. I thought this was set before the SDF Macross fell to Earth?

number18

a sci-fi bitch
Well, ridiculous dogfight and veritech (OMG valkyrie) scenes aside, I agree on not digging the whole island and magic thing. It really does seem out of place.

However, Roy Fokker is a sexy sexy man and so is the vf. :D

Top Bottom