New Kenshin ova

W

waqas786uk

has anyone got or knows where to dl the new kenshin ova? (preferably with english subtitles). If so Id really appreciate you telling me.

thanks
waqas

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Are you referring to the new one with the adult Inishi? It was announced like this past summer but I haven't seen any screen shots or even know how far they are in animating it. It still seems kinda soon to see anything. I expect to see something solid around spring 2002 as spring is usually when new stuff pops up.

To bad this is coming out 3 years after Kenshin peaked. Watching those old Shin Sen Gumi fansubs brings back some major nostalgia. :)

W

waqas786uk

Erm Kenoh Sama you seem to be in need of a bit of an update regarding the new kenshin ova. Your right it does have the adult enishi in it. But the first part is due out for release on december 19th and the second one this coming february. Ive been scouting the web and some people already claim to have a raw version of part 1 and ive already dl the trailer which you can get from here:

http://www.engr.orst.edu/~chiang/kenshin/kenshin_seisouhen1-trailer1.rm

Kenoh-Sama

Shows where my interest in Kenshin Lies :)

I'll probably see it when I'm up to It. I guess I was put off by how they ruined the ending of the first OVA so I'm in no rush to see OVA take 2 (I liked the way Kenshin got his second scar in the comic way WAY more than the way he got it in the OVA. It ruined the meaning behind it. I can actually dubb that change retarded) >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Shows where my interest in Kenshin Lies  :)

I'll probably see it when I'm up to It. I guess I was put off by how they ruined the ending of the first OVA so I'm in no rush to see OVA take 2 (I liked the way Kenshin got his second scar in the comic way WAY more than the way he got it in the OVA. It ruined the meaning behind it. I can actually dubb that change retarded)  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >
Well, at least it was more realistic. I think it made a whole lot more sense as well. I also read the manga before I saw the OVA, so Im not showing favoritism towards it because of initial exposure. Its just my opinion that it "fit" more.

CnC

Ad Oculos
hey i liked the first ova... I thought it was a very well told story. The real ending was the death of tomoe, the credits were just a summary of what happened next.

...i liked the trailor... cool

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
There's not just a raw of the new OAV, there's a subbed version as well now, made by [nADV]. It weighs in at a hefty 250mb and runs 35 minutes. The source is the tv airing at december 3rd if I remember correctly, although it's released on dvd december 19th I think. It seems to be a hdtv rip since the quality is very high, near dvdrip standards.

Watched it a few hours ago, not sure if I loved it or hated it yet, but it sure was beautiful and realistic, like the first OAV series. I won't give away anything about the story here, but it's not a immediate continuation of the old OAV.

The next (and final) episode airs in february 2002.

Hope this clears up a few things

Kenoh-Sama

Well, at least it was more realistic. I think it made a whole lot more sense as well. I also read the manga before I saw the OVA, so Im not showing favoritism towards it because of initial exposure. Its just my opinion that it "fit" more.

It just took away the whole symbolism of fate away. Like it was fated to happen that way. Interms of Shonen comics my taste on realism is quite flexible. If I can accept one aspect of it (samurai super combo moves for one) then I can easily accept the way Kenshin got his second scar.

Wereallmad

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
most likely its on IRC now... if its on morpheus that would be nice too

I anyone happens to know a channel where I can get it, I'd definately be grateful. Or if you have icq/AIM, I've got a fast connection, and I might have something to trade.

CnC

Ad Oculos
yea! just thought of that too... if u got it plz send to Daolohua

and if u also got some vampire hunter d stuff... could u find it in ur heart to send that too ?

thanks

I just finished watching it (thank you, Icefall!), and I must say while I was disappointed in the overall writing and insane amount of omissions, the ending was like the ultimate 'goddamn' moment. Seeing Enishi animated at LAST was great. Eagerly looking forward to part 2 of this...I've always wanted to see their battle animated.
Though I wonder if Saitou will get his piece of Yatsume? :) Now that is a funny battle.
There were some translation glitches I caught but nothing major. The fight with Jine was cool...and there were several Hiko scenes, which of course made it more worthwhile to bear the flashbacks...
Hm. Overall it really kinda surprised me. Still, cramming Jinchuu into just two 40 minutes episodes is damned harsh :)

CnC

Ad Oculos
wow... those are some SMALL pupils... huge iris, dot for a pupil...
that took getting used to :)

but overall i thought it was great, however confusing sometimes as to which was the past and which was the present.

oh yea... what was with the rash?

edit: and oh yea, thanks icefall

aquarake

8-bit Wizard
Yes I got it through iRC, stop by in #kenshin on efnet and I might be able to help you out :)

I know you don't know me, but could you help me out?

I am there right now (but nobody is replying to me.... :().

Please.......

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
Hey icefall, can u send it to me? (streamload account: cthm) thanks a lot.

p.s. does any 1 know any good steamload request sites? The one I've been using has shut down. :'(

anime_drac

I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Hi... I'm typically just a lurker, so no one knows me, but Icefall if you could sent me the ova on streamload too that'd great (streamload account: animedrac). BTW you have a very cool site, a little off topic, but where did you get the new High Res Vampire Hunter D trailer? Thank you in advance...

Top Bottom