Your review on the Berserk Dreamcast game.

You can post your review or opinion of Sword of the Berserk Dreamcast game.

Here's my review.

:)Pros: Good graphics,great music,very interesting story,a lot of extras (mini games), great boss battles, good voice acting and good sound effects. The best part is that Miura was closely involve with making of this game. 8)
Oh and it got good reviews IGN.com gave it a 8.0 and Gamespot.com gave it a 8.2 which is really good from them since judge hard on everygame.

:(Cons:Takes to long to kill enemies, secondary weapnos are really weak and pretty much useless except for the arm cannon. Guts swords clangs the wall and this is annyoing in closed areas. >:(

Overall in a grading scale of 1-10 I give it a 8.2.

Here's the things that Yukes (the game develper) can improve on the new Berserk PS2 game.

Weapons need to be much stronger this time. Seeing the PS2 game demo footage it seems that they have decided to do that. It took Guts one or two stikes to kill those trolls.

Better handle of the sword again the PS2 game footage shows that they improve on this part too.

The graphics was good in the Dreamcast game and the PS2 looks freaking awesome.

The PS2 game needs to be a bit longer maybe 6 + hours. The Dreamcast game can be beaten in less four hours and that's on normal mode.

Oh and finally they need to fix that the sword won't be clanging agains't the walls this time .This was really irratating in the dreamcast game. >:(

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
I hope there will not be a running stage with the pillars that fall like in the dreamcast game. that really sucked >:(

You mean the last part of the game where those pillars were coming out from the walls and if they tough you you have to start all over again. Yeah that part piss me off. It took me 10 tries to finally beat that part of the game >:(. They better not put that kind of shit in the PS2 game.

That part took me a while too. Finally, I told my brother to start talking to me, and I passed it.

I've beaten the game over 30 times. I can beat the shit in less than half an hour. Hopefully, the PS2 game will be longer and more complicated. ;)

Last week I decided to play the dreamcast game again and somehow luckly I beat the last part of the game in only two tries. :)

The first time I played Sword of the Berserk game I threw my control against the wall in frustation because the last part of the game where you had to escape was so fucking hard. >:( >:(

Oltobaz

Cancer no Deathmask
That part was hard all right.I enjoyed it.
There's only one thing I didn't like about
that game:the last boss,cool looking as
he may be,is WAY to easy to beat,he's the
easiest one to beat of them all!!
Still,that game is one the best manga adaptations
ever,and I just can't wait to play the PS2 version...

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
I heard Grappler Baki the fighting game for PS2 sucked the ball sack... it was such a good anime (If you liked a complete fighting anime genre that is)... :p

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
Zanza said:
I could never get the high score on "Puck's Game." :(

Same here. It's a simple game, but those stupid mandragora just keep on coming.

I loved how they portrayed Puck in the game! ;D

Wandering Soul

I was born in the wilderness...
I recently got mines from ebay. Its an okay game (maybe 7.8/10), but definitely for me a keeper.

Is the swordswing-from-the-canon-blast the only secret move in there though?

Puk's game was difficult. I barely could make 4th or 3rd.

I liked the dub, but hate Puk's dub so much. Sounds like a generic voice actor from some 80's cartoons.

Still looking forward to the PS2 installment.

lye

Nihilist!
yeah, it needed to be a lot longer.
it would be cool if you could play as other characters in the new one.
and i hope they have a better save system too.
i liked the dreamcast game, i agree with ZODDGUTS because,
i hate it when you have to hit the bad guys a bunch of times to kill them, and the secondary wepons did shit.
i cant wait fo rthe new game

Century-slayer said:
yes is the new gonna come to the states or is it gonna be just japan ???

Well chances are that it will brought here by SAMMY the same company that brought Guilty Gear X2 to the U.S. also SAMMY showed the game last year at the E3 expo in Los Angeles last year and then showed the demo a couple months ago at the Tokyo game expo. But don't expect the new PS2 game do come out till late this year.

Wandering Soul

I was born in the wilderness...
oh wow, the PS2 game was shown here in the states in L.A.? things are starting to sound more assuring :) .

maybe around this late this year you said huh? alright, more time to save up for a PS2! (damn, what's up with us people who still don't have a PS2 yet huh :p )

hmm other characters to play as besides Gattsu? I doubt it... but it' d be fun to play as Isidro, Serpicio, or Farneeze (well maybe not, since their weapons just don't compare to the Dragon Slayer). Iono about Casca though, I could only imagine that if she would be a character to play as in the game she'd jsut be running from the enemies and hiding behind the main party for protection.

Gatts0800

If you have an ass I will kick it!
i thought the game was pretty awesome. Two things buggend me though. One was that you had to fight the hardest boss in the middle of the freaking game (Zodd). And then there were the mandragoran roots that you had to run from.
If you ask me they should do a Berserk game thats non-linear.

Gatts0800 said:
i thought the game was pretty awesome. Two things buggend me though. One was that you had to fight the hardest boss in the middle of the freaking game (Zodd). And then there were the mandragoran roots that you had to run from.
If you ask me they should do a Berserk game thats non-linear.

Yeah it be great if we could take control of other characters and also get to chose different paths were you can go to different stages and fight other bosses.

Top Bottom