Super Mario Brothers 3 Time Attack

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well chances are most of you have seen it, but for those that have not... I give you this very impressive display of timing, hand eye coordination, and dedication. This guy beats Mario Brothers 3 faster then you can say, "Sorry, but the princess is in another castle.".. Well maybe not that fast but good enough. Enjoy

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/moSMB3.wmv

Its 18.5 MEGS

Um........obsesive compolsive dissorder?

It depresses me to think about the sheer number of times this guy must have beaten that game before being able to do it in 11 minutes.

That video is definetly a split compilation, because he uses a star from his special item thingy but i didnt seem him actually pick up a star. I thought he got extra lives. But Ill look again

SaiyajinNoOuji

elhinnaw said:
That video is definetly a split compilation, because he uses a star from his special item thingy but i didnt seem him actually pick up a star. I thought he got extra lives. But Ill look again

No it's not fake, he got the star when he beat the hammer brother in the first world. ::)

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
That is not humanly possible... That was probably a computer playing it... checking each angle... each play... but if im wrong, then god does exist, and this proves once and for all that there is a person with no life who plays super mario 3 more then they do anything else in his entire, wasted, life..

BOB

poruno sutâ
wow. sat there with an open mouth. remember trying to beat some c64 jump n runs as fast as possible as well as mario land on the GB but this is Unreal. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
Super Mario Brothers 3 Time Attack FAKE!!!

At first, I thought it was the real deal, however, one of my friends got this off a website or a forum:

"Basically, he used an emulator called "Famtasia" which lets you reloads save states while still recording. The number of times reloaded while recording is also recording, and came out to a whopping +40,000 times. What this means is that he could come up to a point, while recording, that he feels he would have difficulty doing, saves it quickly, attempts it and fails, and then reloads it, attempts it and does it. Therefore, when the whole thing is played back to be made into a video file, it only plays back the attempt where he actually makes it.

Still, it was still a fun video to watch. Oh yes, and this is also how that Mega Man II video was done by the same person. "

I have read on other forums that the maker of the video even admits to using an emulator, slowing the game speed, and using save states.

Century Slayer

Shoushu!!! Bukkoroshite Yaru!!!
I agree with it beeing an emulator slown down. His timing was too perfect and it's impossible in the flying platforms part of world 8 to jump from that one platform back to another and back to that last platform without being pushed or fallen off. The board is moving too fast not to have done it slown down. I know timing still comes into play BUT slow it down and the anticipation isn't as bad.
That was quite a lot of work regardless if he "really" did it or cheated. Until I see it done in front of me I will not beleive it to have been officially done. And now that I know of this Famtasia I will probably never beleive it can be done. Especially without getting hit once and all the 1-ups so perfectly executed. Did you notice that whole time there was not one overjudgement on ANY of the jumps?

SaiyajinNoOuji

Has anyone seen or can link to a video of teh japanese guy doing a "beat-Mania" type game to Mozart... that is INSANE... it shows the guy doing it and just to let you know, those beat mania games gooooo reeeeeeaaaallllly fast... so if anyone has it, please link it! ;D

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Has anyone seen or can link to a video of teh japanese guy doing a "beat-Mania" type game to Mozart... that is INSANE... it shows the guy doing it and just to let you know, those beat mania games gooooo reeeeeeaaaallllly fast... so if anyone has it, please link it! ;D
This one?

DarkBlademaster

Jesus cries when he looks at me.
H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!

I thought I saw it all, until i saw that. Now i know truly how small my brain is :(. Anyways I havent seen the megaman one yet can anyone link me to it?

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
DarkBlademaster said:
H-O-L-Y S-H-I-T!

I thought I saw it all, until i saw that. Now i know truly how small my brain is :(. Anyways I havent seen the megaman one yet can anyone link me to it?

I can beat MegaMan 2 in under 30 minutes with no save states, I really don't think it's that impressive, the game is easy, especially if you have played it way to much. ;D

I would be interested to see his boss order, because I reallly spent alot of time tweaking it based on level obstacle/boss weakness.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Hmmm... lemme check

Airman,
Quickman kills walkers with airman's
Flashman uses #2 as "shortcut"
Metalman skips crushers w/ flash. kills Metal with Quick, flys over lowest segment with #2
Bubbleman #2 pause trick to skip first fisher miniboss Kills w/ metal
Heatman probably nothing you don't allready know
crashman Freezeman on long laders kill w/ airman
woodman skips first segment w/ #2 skips wolves w/ flash kills w/ air

I'd never thaught of useing #2 to get up higher though.

Top Bottom