Names and nationality

IgnusDei

mmh-hmm good.
just thought i'd share this little brain spill from yours truly

i did a little search on the name "isidoro" and it turns out that it's actually a spanish name. This kinda implies that our favourite little swordsman in training is actually from the Miura equivalent of spain.

I'm also thinking Serpico and Farneze (which i like to pronounce farnay-tzey) are from the miura equivalent of Italy, and this is backed up by the fact that they both hail from the vatican's capital.

Am i wrong to assume any of this?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well, it is well known by now that Miura likes to be little twists on the things we know. So as for the names and nationalities, it wouldnt surprise me.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Don't forget, his name's Ishidoro. This was from an old post about Berserk's character names, specifically a reply from Mizar:

"About Ishidoro:
"Ishi" means 'stone', and "dorobou" means 'thief'. Ishidoro is well known as a stone throwing thief. Well, could that be it or is it just a coincidence?"

Ishidoro is also a name used in Japan for hand carved stone lanterns.

R

Radzeke

IS THIS ISHODORO CHARACTER ANY RELATION TO THE CHARACTER OF GURIFFIFFSUUU OR GATTSUO?

WE CERTAINLY AREN’T TALING ABOUT ISIDRO FROM BERSERK (BERUERSERKU FOR MORONS THAT LIKE BEING WRONG), ARE WE? HAHAHA@!

SKuLL LoRD
ghost.gif

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
SKuLL LoRD_PHeMTo_ADMIN said:
I like PENIS! PENIS ARE GOOD! WE LIKE EATING PHALLUS MAGIC PINK PHALLUS STUCK TOGETHER BY BRIGHT RED HEART AND PULSING WITH THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!
ghost.gif
Shut your mouth

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
IgnusDei said:
just thought i'd share this little brain spill from yours truly

i did a little search on the name "isidoro" and it turns out that it's actually a spanish name. This kinda implies that our favourite little swordsman in training is actually from the Miura equivalent of spain.

I'm also thinking Serpico and Farneze (which i like to pronounce farnay-tzey) are from the miura equivalent of Italy, and this is backed up by the fact that they both hail from the vatican's capital.

Am i wrong to assume any of this?

There was a long post here a long time ago that talked about the origin of the names. I find it interesting that Miura has borrowed/or been inspired by real cultures...the Kushan remind me of the Mongols or Turks, Silatt almost looks Arab or Hindu...and of course there's been past speculation on what nationality Caska is according to her skin tone.

Kanishka sounds a lot like Ganesha, the Hindu elephant god of good luck.

During the Middle Ages there was a lot of overlapping of cultures and ethnic groups just because at the time Europe was chaotic and different groups battled for control, not unlike what we see in Berserk.

Pippin looked like a big Hawaiian kanaka to me. That name I believe came from the Hobbit. Serpico was the name of an Al Pacino movie. It's anyone's guess as to where some of these names came from. But I like them.

LG

Top Bottom