Donnie Darko

BOB

poruno sutâ
Hope this hasn't been discussed yet.
anyone seen this movie? thoughts please.
(for those who didn't see it, teenage angst meets David Lynch weirdness)

R

Radzeke

ITS NOT TERRIBLE BUT OVERRATED BECAUSE OF MR CUTEY PANTS IN IT THAT THE GIRLS LIKE. “HE’S SO HOT AND TROUBLED! WHAT WAS THE PLOT AGAIN!? HOLD ON, LET ME FIX MY BOOBS!”

SKuLL LoRD
ghost.gif

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Haven't gotten the chance to see it yet. I only heard about a few months ago from rabid Daveigh Chase/Ring fans. ^^;

krunkster

mankowodaisuki
It's good.
You should try reading the web site too afterwards.
It's actaully got a lot of stuff going on behind the plot that you probably won't get during the first watching.

P

PsychoJavexx

I really didn't like it too much. All my friends made this movie out to be way more than it was, and when I watched it, I was disappointed that it wasn't "all that" like they said it was.

I thought it was a good movie. For some reason, I really loved the opening seen where they had the Tears for Fears song with that random highschool sequence in slo-mo.

Actally I pretty much liked the whole soundrack.

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
I want to die in my sleep crushed by an airplane motor coming out of nowhere... Maybe this way people will mourn my death... :p

incognitoX

you fail me
A Very good movie. Those who are confused need to watch it more than once to get it. SKuLL L0rd brings up a good point, it'd seem that many girls would like it because "0mfg super hottie jake gylenhall is in it!"

"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?" Probably one of the best quotes ever.

If you liked that or into the psychological shit I'd recommend Jacob's Ladder (if you haven't seen it.) Another damn good movie.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
incognitoX said:
If you liked that or into the psychological shit I'd recommend Jacob's Ladder (if you haven't seen it.) Another damn good movie.

One of the best movies ever!

I just wish they would have integrated the cut scenes into the director's cut, instead of being left at the end. i hate it when they do that...

Bok Choy

100% Leafy Goodness!
If you have the DVD, the "Philosophy of Time Travel" (the book Donnie was reading) extra literally explains everything for you. It's a little hard to read (since the font is so small) but basically it explains the concepts of the tangent universe, the living receiver, etc. It fits into the storyline quite well.

Here's the text transcript of the "Philosophy of Time Travel" zoomed in for easier reading:

http://www.ruinedeye.com/cd/time1.htm

http://www.tonystuff.co.uk/darko-time.htm

Top Bottom