berserk in Englsh

puella

Berserk forever
I've felt sorry about that there is no berserk in English.
and see many of people should depend on partial translations on this site or others.(ranemaka13, you're doing a good job for them)
but "partial translations" may miss many details like Puck's funny joke. I even heard some people say that they should learn Japanese and there are a few no-free websites for translations.
then why they don't publish English version while Italian, German, Korean, Chinese, French bersrk have been coming out?
They say because there aren't many English-speaking readers like other languages.
but I don't understand it quite well because English is global language.they should make English version however small the number is.
berserk has been getting popular and popular all over the world.
if they make English-berserk, it will mean they make much more fans happy.
well, is there any possibility that I missed? For example, the authorities didn't give a permission even though Japanese publishers want to make Englsih-version? Or they didn't do it o purpose in order to have many people learn their language? -__-;;
I'd like to say I was so impressed that there are too many fans in spite of such many difficulties.
Me? I get berserk 5minute- walk's bookstore and there is well-done translations.

bytheway)Even if my topic was disscussed enough before, do let me know the reason. because this always makes me so curious.

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
then why they don't publish English version while Italian, German, Korean, Chinese, French bersrk have been coming out?
They say because there aren't many English-speaking readers like other languages.
but I don't understand it quite well because English is global language.they should make English version however small the number is.
well when i heard that berserk will be published in german i was really surprised that they "forgot"english,did they?
as u say english is very global and kind of a key language that is used nearly all over the world as communication tool.

So agree with u that there should be a english version cause that really would concern way more than only the countries like US or Britain where english is supposed to be the mother tounge,but even every other country where berserk isn t available as translated.

So what is the reason??

Evidently, Berserk *was* licensed to an English distributor sometime ago (Hakusensha told this to some people inquiring), but as far as what is going to actually, if ever, be released is still speculation. If the TV show does well over here, then it may get bumped up, but....

Before there was an Evangelion manga translated over here, there was the anime. Since the anime exploded in popularity, they then decided to milk the cash cow that is Eva...many many examples of this. The American culture is very visual and they need moving imagery, for the pictures to have a voice...kind of unfortunate, but that's the way it is.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
Evidently, Berserk *was* licensed to an English distributor sometime ago (Hakusensha told this to some people inquiring), but as far as what is going to actually, if ever, be released is still speculation.  If the TV show does well over here, then it may get bumped up, but....

Before there was an Evangelion manga translated over here, there was the anime.  Since the anime exploded in popularity, they then decided to milk the cash cow that is Eva...many many examples of this.  The American culture is very visual and they need moving imagery, for the pictures to have a voice...kind of unfortunate, but that's the way it is.  

Agreed. Another sad aspect is that some people don't like reading black and white comics. That is sad. :( :'( >:( :-[

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
as u say english is very global and kind of a key language that is used nearly all over the world as communication tool.
besides i'd really prefer to read an english edition of the manga instead of a german. english... well let's say it just sounds better than german.
by the way do you know how Caska is called now in the g.e.?
Kjaskar. :p.
Additionally her title is "General"
So much about German translations.
And Guts would never say:
"Ich versau dir jetzt den Laden"
"Laß mich runter du Kürbiskopf (to pippin)"
"Was will die blöde Kuh eigentlich? ('bout caska)"

*sucks* :p

maximus

besides i'd really prefer to read an english edition of the manga instead of a german. english... well let's say it just sounds better than german.
Kjaskar.    :p.

*sucks*    :p
hahaha! ;D
what about:"immer sachte das zwickt in den wunde!" od."lauf schnurstracks in den wald!"
there are even more.
however basically i like the translation! :)

Kjaskar. :p.

*sucks* :p
Now that you mention there are alot of ridiculous things. I think Guts would say something remotely like those things except for refering to Casca as a stupid cow. I have a grammatical question for you guys. Is it just me or do they use the definite article in place of pronouns? Like saying "die" instead of "sie".Sorry if this sounds trivial. :p

maximus

Now that you mention there are alot of ridiculous things. I think Guts would say something remotely like those things except for refering to Casca as a stupid cow. I have a grammatical question for you guys. Is it just me or do they use the definite article in place of pronouns? Like saying "die" instead of "sie".Sorry if this sounds trivial.  :p
I don t think that this is a trivial question!
So i checked things up:They really use the definite article a lot of times but not always!
however it isn t a failure cause in these certain cases a pronoun would fit as well as a definite article!
for example when Puck says:"was werden die mit mir machen?"he could also say:"was werden sie mit mir machen?"and that wouldn t be a big difference at all.

appreciation to ur german skills! :)

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
Now that you mention there are alot of ridiculous things. I think Guts would say something remotely like those things except for refering to Casca as a stupid cow. I have a grammatical question for you guys. Is it just me or do they use the definite article in place of pronouns? Like saying "die" instead of "sie".Sorry if this sounds trivial.  :p

you're right. i also noticed that one. they said:" Der Nosferatu Zodd nimmt an der Schlacht teil" which is nonsense. They should get rid of the article "der" and say: "Nosferatu Zodd nimmt an der Schlacht teil."
they do a lot of mistakes

Top Bottom