Episode 233

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
From what I can read of the Kanji, it seems Miura really has a thing for "demon babies popping out of their mother's wombs violently". Immediately after the Troll chapters, we are revisited with this scene as Silat witnesses a scene where the women of Midland are being used to give birth to the beast-men army of the Kushans. *end translation*

This may be the thing to unhinge his loyalty and drive him toward that of Guts's quest ;-)

J

the genizaros were soldiers of elite of the Turkish empire, in fact were huerfanos of massacreed Christian parents in battle, they were trained in an atmosphere of coldness, hardness and discipline to become perfect soldiers without feelings, pain and mercy for the wing troops, the troops of elite kushan actuan in the same way use to the women like progenitoras of a new chaste single-breasted uniform jacket. we have already seen that apostoles can transmit their powers to the human beings as if they were parasites (volume 2) and one part of its conscience is adhered to the mind of the poseido one, asi can extend the power of apostoles. segun seems, they sultan is apostol, and for that reason it can transfer those abilities to other people and they disperse badly in demas, and in the case of the women the effects are but disagreeable

somebody has a direction to be able to see episode 233 in imagenes?

thank you very much

petezilla

hahaha
Godo said:
From what I can read of the Kanji, it seems Miura really has a thing for "demon babies popping out of their mother's wombs violently". Immediately after the Troll chapters, we are revisited with this scene as Silat witnesses a scene where the women of Midland are being used to give birth to the beast-men army of the Kushans. *end translation*

This may be the thing to unhinge his loyalty and drive him toward that of Guts's quest ;-)

J

He should change it so demons impregnate men it would be funnier. I wonder if it will be enough for Silat to lose complete faith in his king.

Behelit asking for scan directions in here is like asking the way to hell.

D

darkshurikn2

PsychoJavexx said:
Yeah, but Zodd and Wyld are both big naked apostles, that just wear enough to cover themselves when in their human form.

Is the demon crest on Zodd's chest look like his apostle form ? I just don't have the pics under hand.. sorry for asking when it's easier to look by myself

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
The emperor is one step above the King. It is a king of the kings, he reigns above more kingdoms. Gaisserick too was a emperor. Granted the difference is not much important here.

Majin_Tenshi

The can opener went bye-bye...
Or, you could be a Prince in Italy. As in who the book "The Prince" would have been presented too.

Really, you can have your big-ruler-guy called whatever you want too. When they're King/Emperor/Prince/Czar it doesn't really matter so long as everyone knows they're boss.

BOB

poruno sutâ
Great. Seems we'll get a deserter here
>>SHIRATTO and others who stares at the spectacle RAKUSHASU heralded to them. "Your owner. That is 魔王 truly. It is not a man."

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
behelit said:
somebody has a direction to be able to see episode 233 in imagenes?

where you asking for scans? It has been a long time since some clueless people just come and asked for scans without even knowing how things works here...

Aquedesin

See you soon my dear...
You're probably right. Just funny someone used to Skullknight.net (duh, SkuLL LoRD.nEt) don't seem to know we all depend on Saya for scans... And that Saya isn't out there like he told us in the first post of this thread...

unlike mashin tenshi, I do not tell on the time availability to be kind to each addition of the forum, if I have the opportunity to say something, treatment that he is something that is worth the trouble, even though these are not as numerous as those of others, ademas from which she takes time me to be able to translate the own colloquial anglisimos of the estadunidense culture, I do not speak ingles. the forum is not to supersaturate your personal account, but to speak of which it is worth the trouble

muchas gracias

Cryptic

my mom says im cool...
Locus merges with his horse to become the centaur. I was wondering what happens to the horse when he transforms.

That sounds like it could be intresting, although to be honest im more curious what some of his apostle knights become. like the fish armour guy, or the guy in the chitinis plate mail.

I really hope that Silat and the bakiras ditch the emperor and go out on thier own. or perhaps Silat might try to become the next Kushran emperor after Griffith is finished with emperor smiley.

Mickee

Great Old One
Well in regards to Silatt, this may well be a crazy thought, but perhaps he will eventually end up allying himself with Guts' merry little band? Frankly, I don't see him being much use against the emperor OR Griffith, and I'm sure he's stayed alive this long for a reason...

The way it seems the immediate story is going, Griffith will be preoccupied taking on the emperor while Guts will be running around with his semi-related adventures making new friends and influencing people, maybe ending up with a group that can make a dent in Griffith's band after the war is over.

(Oh yes, and I'm new here. Love me! I demand loving! And money!)

i don't see Silatt and the tapasa or bakiraka allying with guts at all. I know alot of people want to see this happen, but i find it a bit far fetched. First Guts band is way away from where ganishka and griffith's forces are and are not even heading towards the conflict. What type of alliance would there be. neither Guts nor Silatt are fond of each other and I don't think the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" bit is enough for either of them to drop their fued. Silatt does have an important role in this to come, but it will probably be something way out of left field that none of us could predict and be much more satisfying then a simple alliance with guts band.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
You think an alliance between Guts and Silatt is far fetched but that Silatt rallying the Kushans to defeat Ganishka would be an interesting twist?

Silatt is like a slave to the Kushan people, they’d have no desire to follow him. Ganishka ruled through fear, I don’t see why knowing he’s “the devil” would suddenly cause Silat to challenge him. For the same reason, why would the Kushans go against their all powerful Emperor knowing he’d kill them all. In any case, the Neo Hawks already soundly defeated the Kushan army; if they can’t beat Ganishka, no one can. And finally, I don’t think Ganishka is going to beat Griffith after all this, do you?

If anything, an alliance with Guts is the most likely scenario for Silatt beyond some unpredictable role like you mentioned. When the Kushan Empire falls, he’s going to have to ally himself with someone. Even if he joins Griffith after this, he’ll see that his Hawks are monsters just as much as Ganishka. He’ll still be living under an Emperor’s foot (If Griffith gives him his land in exchange for his loyalty, that’s a different story). However, there’s no reason Silatt wouldn’t join Guts, especially if it benefitted him. Their conflict was never personal; if anything Silatt respects Guts abilities. Guts didn't hold a grudge against Farnese & Serpico, and Silatt and all his men would give Guts a small army of deadly warriors.

And don’t you think the whole business of Silatt saying he’d remember Guts name is a bit too meaningful for them not to have some future relations? I think Silatt will either flee the city now or after Ganishka falls and eventually join with Guts. Or, he’ll join/get captured by Griffith, get sent after Guts or seek him out (after escaping =), and then join Guts anyway. :)

Okay, I’m a fan of the Guts/Silatt team up theory. Can you tell? ;D

-Griffith

P.S. Maybe Silatt will stick around just long enough to overhear Grunbeld report to Griffith how the Black Swordsman and his allies decimated the Apostles at the mansion? =)

P.P.S. When Silatt gets killed or pledges his soul to Griffith (also likely with that charisma factor, though Silatt is an infidel, so maybe he's immune ;)), I'm going to re-read this and cry.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Heh, That would create a funny little group, An army of ten or so skilled warrior againist the entire white hawks...

I don't think gutts wants an army, I Think he will drop them all soon for an unknown amount of time while he fixs some problems because most often he is the only one strong enough to deal with these opponents and others would only burden and hender his abilitys, I think that we should expect X griffith volumes (i think two at most) then it will jump back to gutts alone, or possibly before unless it goes back into flashback mode and you see gutts in the armor of berserk half dead with apostle bodys surrounding him, then it will either contuine or flash back to how he got there.

but I think that either apostles other then story effecting ones would have to be weakend, or the characters would have to get stronger in order to face them without burdening gutts.

Xans-Griffith

Everything changes.
Kart said:
others would only burden and hender his abilitys

I wonder if they really will... after all, Serpico's help was overall beneficial in the troll scouring episodes. I think a small band of highly skilled warriors is what Guts needs; a counterpoint to the brutish apostle masses of Griffith's army. He needs manpower for the job, but then again I don't see him commanding a large army against Griffith. I do see him though, with a quick and agile group, one that can strike quickly, precisely, and retreat if need be (much like his original team of raiders in the Hawks :)). His band with the addition of Silatt would be well tailored to that style.

Another thing that gets me is that Griffith commands his armies through sheer force of charisma... and their loyalty to him is as inevitable as if their fate strings were pulled to him by force. With Guts' band on the other hand, the connections are deeper, much more subtle, more complex and not so easily forged. Even now, they're in the process of being developed, the reasons for banding together are still being felt out. These reasons have an underlying theme which is integral to the story as a whole. The reason Farneze joins him is to escape from the sheer absolute of the church and to find some reason of worth for herself. Ishidiro also wants to prove himself, also a struggler and a rebel against what society or an overlying power would dictate for him. Shierke continually questions whether her destiny is with Guts, questioning what she sees before her: a band of strugglers against destiny itself. And now with Silatt that theme could continue; a man whose peoples were caught up and swept up under destiny's flows, a man who resents bowing to a rule of terror and thereby to one of charisma or an otherwise dominant will, a man who also might be a struggler himself...

I'd like to see the complexities that might be stirred if he were to join with Guts. The already developing connections between the members of his band would have to further establish themselves and become more defined in order to accept a new member into the group--they would have to find some common ground besides a common enemy to oppose. So it'd be a great opportunity for the characters to be developed and thereby the underlying themes that they represent to be grounded even more. So yes... I think Silatt being drawn to Guts, as opposed to Griffith or anyone else, (he never thought much of Griff's prettyboy charisma anyway =p) would be perfectly awesome to look forward to. =]

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Kart said:
Heh, That would create a funny little group, An army of ten or so skilled warrior againist the entire white hawks...

I don't think Guts wants an army,

Silatt commands a lot more men than just the Tapasa; look at volume 21. Unless those men and the one’s that tried to assassinate Griffith were all that’s left of the Bakiraka, he still has them at his disposal. The Tapasa refer to him as “Prince” if I’m not mistaken, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he still had a rather large entourage, much like the artist formerly known as “Prince.” =)

Also, I don’t think Guts wants an army either, but he also didn’t want to lead anybody in the first place, yet there he is, doing just that. And he’s not exactly below the radar anymore; once Ganishka is out of the way, who’s going to be the biggest threat to Griffith’s power? Probably the two guy’s in skull armor that slaughtered all those Apostles at Flora’s house. I’m pretty sure Guts is going to be on Grunbeld’s mind at least. =) Sure, I don’t see Guts jumping on a horse with all his buddies after a few beers and charging straight at the Neo Hawks, but things will undoubtedly escalate in the future, and Guts will need all the help he can get.

Kart said:
I Think he will drop them all soon for an unknown amount of time while he fixs some problems because most often he is the only one strong enough to deal with these opponents and others would only burden and hender his abilitys,

Yeah, that would be a great follow up to Guts’ realization that he finally has comrades he can rely on again. "Sorry guys, gotta go do the Black Swordsman thing again for a while." I think the point’s already been made a few times since volume 23 that he needs these people right now as much as they need him, maybe more. Also, all that stuff about causality and their destinies coming together? I also think you underestimate Guts’ comrades, particularly Schierke. There’s a reason Griffith wanted Flora dead, after all.

Kart said:
I think that we should expect X griffith volumes (i think two at most) then it will jump back to Guts alone, or possibly before unless it goes back into flashback mode and you see Guts in the armor of berserk half dead with apostle bodys surrounding him, then it will either contuine or flash back to how he got there.

I don’t know, I’d say no more than one volume of Griffith story at the most. I don’t think Miura has ever taken the focus off of Guts for more than 7 chapters before. But, there’s a first time for everything.

Kart said:
but I think that either apostles other then story effecting ones would have to be weakend, or the characters would have to get stronger in order to face them without burdening Guts.

Like I said, I don’t think Guts’ gang is going to take on Griffith’s army right away. But I can see it a ways down the road in some form, and it’s not like everyone has to be an Apostle destroying tank to be effective tactically. And when you imagine Guts fighting side by side with Skull Knight, it seems a lot more likely he could actually pull it off. ;D

-Griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom