Episode 233

Status
Not open for further replies.

korkor

I could be a llama
Olivier Hague said:
(whose Apostle form looks like a metallic centaurus).

is it his actual form that has the metalic luster, or is it his armor that is *somehow* magical like his lance thats covering his body?

Griffith said:
You think an alliance between Guts and Silatt is far fetched but that Silatt rallying the Kushans to defeat Ganishka would be an interesting twist?

And don’t you think the whole business of Silatt saying he’d remember Guts name is a bit too meaningful for them not to have some future relations?
Well I don't think an alliance would be the best thing at this point, but you do have a point with the "I will remember your name" bit. So perhaps some type allying may occur, but i'm still not a fan of the idea.

And finally, I don’t think Ganishka is going to beat Griffith after all this, do you?
I never saw ganishka being the one to defeat griffith. However, i do see a battle between them as being part of the final showdown which gutts will somehow be involved in it.

I think Silatt will either flee the city now or after Ganishka falls and eventually join with Guts. Or, he’ll join/get captured by Griffith, get sent after Guts or seek him out (after escaping =), and then join Guts anyway. :)
I think Silatt, Tapasa, and bakiraka will have some very important role more entangled with Rakshas than with Gutts. It seems that much more will be revealed soon with the relationship between them which, i think, will play a large role in this new conflict between griffith and Ganishka.

Griffith said:
No.

-Griffith

P.S. Shut up.

I feel sorry for you... what a once a big and proud admin had now been banished to such a state :'(

P.S Given on my opinion... i doubt Silatt will join Guts, it is too simple and i believe Muira have other plan for his existence

Mickee

Great Old One
Well for that matter, who said anything about Silatt joining Guts? There's a big difference between making an alliance and becoming a follower. In fact, I really can't see Silatt willingly following any man (or apostle) again, assuming he can win his freedom.

Personally, I think there's no question that destroying the emperor and perhaps Griffith as well are goals that could well coincide with Guts, and Silatt is definitely smart enough to work with someone who can help him, particularly an individual he has some measure of respect for.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
I understand what you mean about gutts realizing he has comrades, but i think that Gutts will end up with no other CHOICE but do go it alone, whether as the Black Swordsmen or not I cannot say but I would like to see him go solo for alittle while to deepen his own personal story because right now they're weakening my favourite part of gutts which his ability to go it alone. it would be a great mix to "I found my home again" and then getting ripped away from it for awhile would be excellent story developement in my opinion, of course putting miuras twists.

and Xans, my only problem with that is there can be only so many misfits in a group before it just becomes like a pity party, employing the use of characters struggling againist something in order to provide a reason to be there, Ishirido is even going alittle far out for my taste "trying to prove himself" I'd like to see a character tagging along for no reason or just for the hell of it.

Kart said:
I would like to see him go solo for alittle while to deepen his own personal story because right now they're weakening my favourite part of Guts which his ability to go it alone. it would be a great mix to "I found my home again" and then getting ripped away from it for awhile would be excellent story developement in my opinion, of course putting miuras twists.
What "personal" story? The story about how he finally realized that going it alone was consuming him, making him forget what really matters (Caska)? His resolving to not lose Caska again, no matter what? That personal story? Because that was roughly 4+ volumes ago. I don't know how you can think Guts arbitrarily going off alone again is good story development; it already happened before and we saw the results.

incognitoX

you fail me
Kart said:
I understand what you mean about Guts realizing he has comrades, but i think that Guts will end up with no other CHOICE but do go it alone, whether as the Black Swordsmen or not I cannot say but I would like to see him go solo for alittle while to deepen his own personal story because right now they're weakening my favourite part of Guts which his ability to go it alone.

It would be a great mix to "I found my home again" and then getting ripped away from it for awhile would be excellent story developement in my opinion, of course putting miuras twists.

What about during the Taka no dan arc when Guts was with his comrades? In fact I remember plenty of times him "going off" to do his own thing while he was in the hawks (100 man slayer) and the story still being about him.

He never fully realized what he had with his former allies till he came back to them and unfortunately lost them at the occultation. So now that he has something so similar why would he trade it to be alone again?

Kart said:
and Xans, my only problem with that is there can be only so many misfits in a group before it just becomes like a pity party, employing the use of characters struggling againist something in order to provide a reason to be there, Ishirido is even going alittle far out for my taste "trying to prove himself" I'd like to see a character tagging along for no reason or just for the hell of it.

Well, then you should be a Serpico fan then, right? ;)

Griffith said:
Okay, I’m a fan of the Guts/Silatt team up theory. Can you tell? ;D

-Griffith

You and I both, Griff. ;D

Though as already stated, you just never know when Miura will throw a curveball and completely shatter your speculation. I mean..I remember some speculating Locus's apostle form to be a wolf.

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
I vote that Silat will play the same role for the Kushans as Azam on the Midland side. They will travel parallel to Guts's posse and rally the respective armies behind them to take on Griffith's Apostle army. Just a hunch.

J

Kart

Resident /b/tard
thats why I think the entire twist would be worth while, he finally realizes he has a home (so to speak) and then some hoe he is ripped away from it, not like a big story of him travelling for volumes, but just him getting stuck alone without anyone.

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!
Kart said:
thats why I think the entire twist would be worth while, he finally realizes he has a home (so to speak) and then some hoe he is ripped away from it, not like a big story of him travelling for volumes, but just him getting stuck alone without anyone.

You know, I would really hope that Guts's character has matured enough to know not to repeat the same dumbass mistake of going off on his own.

Besides, the character development in Guts's little band is awesome. Right now, Farneese is probably the most intriging to me, since her fucked up side seems to me like it would really like hanging with the Beast, but she draws her strength to not cave in from Caska's dependence on her. I could see her help give Guts the strength to resist the Beast due to her dependence on him as well, muchlike Caska does for her.

Oh, and I also like the Silatt/Guts teamup theory.

puella

Berserk forever
This is how they make Daka in ep. 233.

There are apostles bound in chains who look like something like gigantic clumps of meat.
Some kind of hose is put into their mouth so their fluid flow into a jar through it.
Inside of "The clump" of apostles is full of the fluid. They pull a woman up and throw them into the inside of apostles.
Immediately after, her belly gets torn and a demon baby get out of it. They take him.
The interior of the apostles is connected to the astral world. They get the amnioitc fluid from apostles and throw a pregnant woman into it. Then evil gets into an embryo.
This is how a demon baby(Daka) is born.

*Blargh*

Kart

Resident /b/tard
you havn't read what I said, I ment that he has no choice, he gets seperated some how, not walks off and doesn't let them follow him, and i enjoyed the 100man slayer story, in my opinion.

puella said:

There are apostles bound in chains who look like something like gigantic clumps of meat.
Some kind of hose is put into their mouth so their fluid flow into a jar through it.
Inside of "The clump" of apostles is full of the fluid. They pull a woman up and throw them into the inside of apostles.
Immediately after, her belly gets torn and a demon baby get out of it. They take him.
The interior of the apostles is connected to the astral world. They get the amnioitc fluid from apostles and throw a pregnant woman into it. Then evil gets into an embryo.

*Blargh*
wow, that sounds really interesting about the apostles, but where did these apostles come from? Are these captured apostles? If so, then Ganishka continues to be more of a devil still. Being one with no respect for his own supernatural comrades. Perhaps raksha's mission is to free the apostles so they will follow griffith as well. Kind of a brutal way to create daka, damn.

Godo

no kidding... things moving along in Berserk-land at a speed of about 1 hour to a week of real time ;)

J

Godo said:
no kidding... things moving along in Berserk-land at a speed of about 1 hour to a week of real time ;)

J

Yeah right... then how much real time would it be after Guts had been born for 22 years?

P.S I wonder how long will Saiya take... :-\

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
puella said:

So can we consider the reborn Griffith as some kind of super-daka? :p

Godo

AgEnT_SmItH said:
Yeah right... then how much real time would it be after Guts had been born for 22 years?

P.S I wonder how long will Saiya take... :-\

Ok, revised comment, my comment applies from Volume 17 and onwards 8)

J

pupuce

un p'tit belge parmi vous
A question; don't you know how the young animal with chapter 233 will coming?, because, it's a long time I 'm waiting ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom