guts rage

trapped_soul

"This is it. It's over."
how would you appraise the dreamcast game?
is it worth to buy it and play through it?
or was it kind of disappointing to some of you?
i'm asking cuz i am still unsure wether it's worth the money or not.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Definietely worth it. Are you referring to the English or Japanese version? Either are pretty good.

Its really dependant on if youre a Berserk fan or not. Playing through the game as Guts has a real appeal to me, personally. Just knowing the whole story behind him and all I think definitely enhances the game experience. It doesnt add much to the whole plot of Berserk, as its mostly a side-story, but its still pretty neat.

Dreamcast prices are dropping below $50 dollars now, and you can get the game for under $10 at most cheap game retailers. 60 bucks for the experience? Worth it, if only for the amazing music.

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
Yeah, I thought it definetly was worth it. Fun to play, lots of good FMV ;D

And... the kick when Gatts goes berserk... shit, just that evil red eye gleam really made my day...

Plus... you get to kick Zodd's ass... what more can you ask for?

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
I guess it was all right, but you spend more time watching the cut screens (witch aren’t that visually pleasing) than you do actually playing the game. But I still liked the game, and would definitely recommend it to Berserk fans. Besides, I got mine for about 6 bucks on e-bay, brand new in the shrink-wrap, so you don’t stand to lose much money if you decide the game sucks.

wuwei

hmm...
i thought the game was hard until i found out that you can still continue without continues=D.

anyway a few agitating parts were when you were in the city and in tight corners. and overal archers pissed me off as well. and either way the game is decent. i wouldnt buy it tho, rent it, beat it, rent it again if you wanna beat it on the different difficulty modes to get all those mini games and things, but why spend 40 when you can spend 10 or so? prolly my favorite part was escaping the vines as they tried to kill you. that and choppin mutants in half. hehe in berserk mode you can chop like 5 people in a slice as long as you round em up right ;D

CnC

Ad Oculos
was buying soul caliber for DC and i noticed that ebworld has some of the figures from berserk ready and available... just bought the black swordsman one... sweeet

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
i thought the game was hard until i found out that you can still continue without continues=D.

anyway a few agitating parts were when you were in the city and in tight corners.  and overal archers pissed me off as well.  and either way the game is decent.  i wouldnt buy it tho, rent it, beat it, rent it again if you wanna beat it on the different difficulty modes to get all those mini games and things, but why spend 40 when you can spend 10 or so?  prolly my favorite part was escaping the vines as they tried to kill you.  that and choppin mutants in half.  hehe in berserk mode you can chop like 5 people in a slice as long as you round em up right  ;D

Yeah, the archers really did suck a lot, but what do you mean spend 40? You can buy the game new for under $10.

Kenoh-Sama

"What is love? Not that I want some or anythi
how would you appraise the dreamcast game?
is it worth to buy it and play through it?
or was it kind of disappointing to some of you?
i'm asking cuz i am still unsure wether it's worth the money or not.

Considering the game is only 10 bucks now It's really worth it!! Both USA/Japanese are both fun with virtually no difference. Cool thing is that the a full memory card with all the bonuses from one version can work on another!

Top Bottom