Parents of griffith?

Femuth-Black Hawk

Guts...?..Love...?...Why?.....
Has griffith parents?That is strange question,I know.But in the manga you can´t see his parents.Also when jubik (at the eclipse)told him his past.Have you ever seen a picture of his mother or of his father?This is for me quite important and for others ,because he grown up with his Parents and this is important for his thinking (and his plan of an own Kingdom). :)

Miyu

I'm smiling on the inside.
I'm sure he has them, you just never get to see them . . . ever. Heck, we never get to see Guts' mother alive and he's one of the main characters. The story never even delves into his father (unless you count Gambino).

Though it would give some interesting insight into Griffith's character, I don't think we'll ever hear about them.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness
They were a Johnatan and Martha Kent of Midlandville : They found him a carriage that had just crashed . The site was indicated to them by a shooting star. It was not revealed yet in the manga but Griffith

SPOILER

is allergic to green stones

END OF SPOILER

They were killed by some mercenaries in a hold-up. While Griffith was musing about founding his own mercenary band and he nedded a symbol that could rouse fear because "the midlanders are a superstious and codwardly lot" a hawk that did suffer by muscle tremors fell on his head. "A presage" said Griffith massaging his bump "I will be the white Hawkman" but he was forced to cut it short to the "White Hawk" by the DC lawyers

SKuLL LaRD

i AM nut skulLord.net!!!!!
roberto999 said:
They were a Johnatan and Martha Kent of Midlandville : They found him a carriage that had just crashed . The site was indicated to them by a shooting star. It was not revealed yet in the manga but Griffith

SPOILER

END OF SPOILER

They were killed by some mercenaries in a hold-up. While Griffith was musing about founding his own mercenary band and he nedded a symbol that could rouse fear because "the midlanders are a superstious and codwardly lot" a hawk that did suffer by muscle tremors fell on his head. "A presage" said Griffith massaging his bump "I will be the white Hawkman" but he was forced to cut it short to the "White Hawk" by the DC lawyers

GRIFFITH IS NOT SHADEMAN OR DARKMAN

Schwabe

*cough*
roberto999 said:

SPOILER

END OF SPOILER

:)

incognitoX

you fail me
Miyu said:
I'm sure he has them, you just never get to see them . . . ever. Heck, we never get to see Guts' mother alive and he's one of the main characters. The story never even delves into his father (unless you count Gambino).

Though it would give some interesting insight into Griffith's character, I don't think we'll ever hear about them.

It'd be quite fun to play psychologist and analyze Griffith through his childhood, seeing his relationship with his parents and all to get rid of the mystique. As well as the past of Gut's parents.

..and while I'm at it.. Skull Knight...The Godhand...Zodd...

Too much mystery! :'(

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
There's so little that we know about the origins of the members of the old Taka No Dan. It seems as if they were all destined to be Hawk soldiers anyways. Judeau was a travelling performer, that much we gathered from when he gave Caska the fairy dust...Caska was just a poor village girl sold off to a cruel nobleman...I think all these members, including Griffith, were probably orphans or people searching for more meaning and materialism in life. Griffith came along and gave them what they wanted...for a while anyways.

One thing that we know it has been said is that he was not from a noble family and was raised un in the city of Midland castle ending to be a mercenary in the time of war Midland faced with Tuder.
Nothing too mysterious to me except from the behelit egg he somehow gained at some time.
It is strange for Griffith's personality that he had a contact with an occultist lady if that legend holds true.

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?
roberto999 said:

SPOILER

END OF SPOILER

I hate superman he's so cheap what a silly piece of shit, I mean does he even have any weakness 'cept for kryptonite? And who the hell has kryptonite anyway?

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Griffith likely had parents, but they were not important to the storyline of Berserk, so they were not included. I guess it's one of those things you just have to assume. If there's ever a "Berserk: The Early Years," you can bet they'll probably be in it. ^_~

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
kimchan said:
Griffith likely had parents, but they were not important to the storyline of Berserk, so they were not included. I guess it's one of those things you just have to assume. If there's ever a "Berserk: The Early Years," you can bet they'll probably be in it. ^_~

I think that's true of all the members of the Hawk. You just have to assume that they either had no parents or they came from poor backgrounds, and that was why they joined Griffith to begin with...to increase their wealth as mercenaries. Some were already thieves to begin with, others probably came from pretty dire circumstances.

I don't think Femto Black Hawk was asking why Griffith's parents weren't included in the storyline. I think he was simply asking a question as to who they possibly could be.

kimchan said:

Maybe an other flashback like the young Guts part...

Shurikn said:
Maybe an other flashback like the young Guts part...
But we've allready got it, although
in very smaller proportions though than that of Gut's.
The Black Swordsman is the A role protagonist and Griffith is the B role protagonist.
Ok?

Judo said:
Guts is the protagonist, Griffith is the antagonist.
I would define antagonist to Guts character resolution the beast.
Is Guts real scope to kill Griffith or to succeed in findind his serenity, maybe with Caska?
Certainly Griffith is very spetacular in the story but by classical thinking the antagonist I believe has to be the beast.

Judo

Midlands finest
I don't agree. Griffith is IMO a perfect antagonist(just look at the volumes 3, 12, 13 and 22). He isn't one of those hollow "pure evil"-antagonists... we know his ambitions an can understand his decisions, that's what makes him a perfect antagonist in my oppinion.
Hey, at least the beast is no real character... it's "only" a part of Guts' mind(well, a very big and scary part, but no real character for itself).

Judo said:
I don't agree. Griffith is IMO a perfect antagonist(just look at the volumes 3, 12, 13 and 22). He isn't one of those hollow "pure evil"-antagonists... we know his ambitions an can understand his decisions, that's what makes him a perfect antagonist in my oppinion.
Hey, at least the beast is no real character... it's "only" a part of Guts' mind(well, a very big and scary part, but no real character for itself).
This is a modern reactionary perspective: the meaning and message of BERSERK is that a man's muscles and toughness pay. Classic human literatute does not have this perspective. And the agonist-antagonist definitions you used spring from the analysis of classic works.
If you want to see BERSERK like a hollywood action film then yes, Griffith and Guts can be considered the way you want to consider them. If you want to consider BERSERK's drama in the classical perspective then the antagonist has to be the beast.

Judo

Midlands finest
well, I don't think you can split our different view of point that easily in categories like "hollywood" and "classical". The plot was from the beginning based on Griffith as an antagonist. We knew Griffith was the antagonist before we even knew his real character. Without Griffith there would have never been a black swordsman and also no inner beast of Guts.

Judo said:
well, I don't think you can split our different view of point that easily in categories like "hollywood" and "classical". The plot was from the beginning based on Griffith as an antagonist. We knew Griffith was the antagonist before we even knew his real character. Without Griffith there would have never been a black swordsman and also no inner beast of Guts.
You are wrong.
As language in it's theoretic nature, logic and/or a fantastic/theoretical narration have to do with expression of concepts first and then with things more specific. Agonist-antagonist are and represent some concepts. You have to see the concept and then impersonate it, not vice-versa(the other way around).

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
Classic human literatute does not have this perspective.

How about classic Lizardman "literatute?" Or all the other classic non-human literatutes out there? I'm sure there's a literatute out there where Griffith could be considered the antagonist. =)

xechnao said:
You are wrong.
As language in it's theoretic nature, logic and/or a fantastic/theoretical narration have to do with expression of concepts first and then with things more specific. Agonist-antagonist are and represent some concepts. You have to see the concept and then impersonate it, not vice-versa(the other way around).

I think I understand the concept of what you're trying to say. As in, you are explaining the definitions and rules of certain literary genres and their devices to make your point. However, beyond that, I think your "impersonation" of this concept could use some work. Try writing in the form of human literatute next time.

-Griffith

Griffith said:
How about classic Lizardman "literatute?"
I can't say anything about that. :)
Griffith said:
Or all the other classic non-human literatutes out there? I'm sure there's a literatute out there where Griffith could be considered the antagonist. =)
Bruce Willis in Die Hard against the bad guy.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
xechnao said:
Bruce Willis in Die Hard against the bad guy.

You sir, are talking about Hans fucking Gruber! Show proper respect!

http://www.ealasaid.com/fan/shrine/hans.html

http://www.skullknight.net/dysondance

-Griffith

chugoku sensei

Too good!
xechnao said:
You are wrong.
Yes, but are you sure Muira was necessarily only working with a conceptual model in his work, that is, I think you are ignoring the "plot" of the comic. Whereas in terms of the fabula, Guts and Griffith are both just symbols of opposing concepts, within the syuzhet, "this comic has a cool plot," context, Griffith is the antagonist.

Top Bottom