Episode 234

Status
Not open for further replies.

puella

Berserk forever
Re:Episode 234~~~WarcraftIII..:)

Olivier Hague said:
It looks like the "beastmen" are called "Pishacha" (alt. spellings: "Pisaca", "Pisacha").

Yeah, they call the beastmen "youjyuhei(Pishacha)".
I always wonder where those words, Daka or Pishacha exactly come from.
But I think it's very possible and a bit obvious it's from East India relating to the empire Kushan as many people said here. Even the name of Ganishka sounds very Indian.

roberto999

The Black Chick of Darkness

This is was I found about "Pisaca" (apparently they are ghouls -see the english version)

Atharva-Veda la grande scienza della Magia

Contro i Pisaca

Un amuleto di piombo verso il quale Varuna e Agni hanno mostrato la loro benevolenza e che Indra stesso ha concesso agli uomini come difesa è un mezzo potentissimo per allontanare e uccidere i Pisaca divoratori di carne.

English

Italiano

I:16
Against Pisaca

1) Against the devouring demons who, in the night of the full-Moon, have arisen in throngs, may Agni, the strong, the slayer of the sorcerers, give us courage!

2) To the lead Varuna gives blessing, to the lead Agni gives help. Indra gave me the lead: unfailingly it dispels sorcery.

3) This (lead) overcomes the Vishkandha, this smites the devouring demons; with this I have overwhelmed all the brood of the Pisakas.

4) If thou slayest our cow, if our horse or our domestic, we pierce thee with the lead, so that thou shalt not slay our heroes.

I:16
Contro i Pisaca

1) Nella notte di Luna piena si sono alzati a sciami gli spiriti divoratori: Agni, quello che uccide gli spiriti maligni, interceda per noi.

2) Al piombo mostra la sua benevolenza Varuna; verso il piombo è ben disposto Agni; questo (amuleto di) piombo me lo ha concesso Indra: allora è sicuramente uno che scaccia gli spiriti maligni.

3) Questo sconfigge il Vishkandha; questo allontana gli spiriti divoratori: con questo sono diventato in grado di sconfiggere tutte le creature nate da una pisàci.

4) Se ci uccidi una vacca, se ci uccidi un cavallo o un uomo, noi ora ti trafiggiamo con il piombo affinché tu sia uno che non uccide gli uomini.

Copyright © 2002-2003 ScienzeAntiche.it - All Rights Reserved Worldwide - Webmaster: Amadeux email

they showed up in thongs?? j/k don't limit me to one post a day for that. Interesting stuff though with the origin of these daka and pisaca. With all the religious themes within Berserk, Miura has really gone beyond and done the appropriate research needed to create his world.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

xechnao said:
If Ganishka turns to also be part of a wizard or something what should I post to say then?

Well, he uses magic, so you could write, "Duh....*drools*" for me. But my comment was aimed at the... wild nature of the post more than what it said. Obviously sorcery is a big part of the series. But, you've pretty muched called everyone and their grandma a wizard already. That kind of "automatic fire" speculation without proper "ammo" adds up to an annoying clicking sound in our ears. That's one of the many reasons people loathe your presence.

-Griffith

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

Here here! Anyways, it's not like it's uncommon... Magic that is, now although it has been god hands that have done most of the "magicing" IE.. Void making a void... Ubik and Conrad making those images for Griffith... Slann making her self out of intestines... and so forth and so forth... So what if Ganishka can use magic and we have not seen other "normal" apostiles use magic... HE IS STANDING UP AGAINST GRIFFITH for christ's sakes... Obviously he is going to have a little bit more power then your usual apostile... jesus people.. it's called a fucking plot tool!!!

:'( :'( :'(

F

Femto

I'm looking forward very much to this upcoming chapter. I can't wait to see Ganishkar in his tranformed. I hope to see Zodd fare well against him. ^_^

SaiyajinNoOuji

Sorry folks, no YA today, I checked several places but nothing, hopefully tomorrow will be better. :'(

Schwabe

*cough*

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Sorry folks, no YA today, I checked several places but nothing, hopefully tomorrow will be better. :'(

Looking forward to it then.
Now...back to that elemental thing....*cough*

Azn He-Man666

Was it you who killed my companions,one after one?

Schwabe said:
Looking forward to it then.
Now...back to that elemental thing....*cough*
Well it sucks and Locus is quite obviously with the aid of Irvine and Zodd bring it down.

jjmai

Where the hell am I?

I guess the use of magic is getting more and more emphasized in Berserk. If the good guys can now use magic, then bad guys are bound to have even more varieties of magic.
But I think it makes the story a little generic, kinda like a D&D....

Btw, I miss SaiyajinNoOuji's old avatar Ger.........

SaiyajinNoOuji

Ahhh there little guy, dont worry, Ger may make a come back, but the he may have to sing the Doom song! But, I have the new YA so expect it to be up at the designated times... Also one more thing, the chicks in this issue are HOT!!!! (. Y .) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Very cool chapter, thanks for the scans 8)

Locus and crew didn't seem to be having much trouble with the Daka and Pishacha, but Irvine looked pretty damn surprised by Ganishka's transformation.

BOB

poruno sutâ

thanks. short chapter but great. Ganishka seems a bit too powerful tho.

Kakkoii_Guts

海賊王になる男だ

I really didn't expect Ganishka to be so HUGE! I expected him to be very powerful but this is quite surprising. It almost made me forget about Guts...almost. ;)

Thank you Ouji for the great scans.

Grifth

ZOMBIES they are everywere ....

thank you saya glad to see u as a mod in this section of the forums! this chapter is soo cool but i was hoping to see griffith in it, never the less miura delivers as always!

Begemot

STOP UNDRESSING ME WITH YOUR EYES!

Hey, at least we saw his silouhette.
Not to mention the return of Zodd, or at least his shadow.

But hot damn, Ganishka is wrecking shop.

Thanks for the scans Saiya.

Demented Swordsman

so I pranked him.. to death with a tire iron!

Visually, this chapter is great. Short, but back to the raging wars we saw in the first 13 volumes.

Can't wait for the translations to figure out what the hell is going on('sides the obvious)

Thx saiya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom