Episode 234

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwabe

*cough*
Re:Episode 234~~~WarcraftIII..:)

I would say ouch to be compared to xenacho by any other, but I'm serious about the zodd vs ganiska.

It is highly unlikely that they haven't met before. I'm about to go to bed so I won't waste time bothering with backing up evidence, just common knowledge of the two is really all there is.

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew

DUUUUH! Saiya! I can't find teh chapterOMG!!!!???

;D

Awesome stuff, anyone that doesn't think Locus looks cool after some of the shots in this chapter needs to get their sense of taste examined.

Oh, and I think Griffith will personally need to dispatch Ganishka. That's my brilliant speculation of the day. ;)

-Griffith

GoHF

I'm a llama!

Thankyou for all the trouble you put yourself through to give us the scans, Saya :)

Even in volume 17, ch 7, where Zodd sees the hawk of light, there's nothing kushan to that scene. The sword he's using has nothing to do with the Kushan horse sword he later uses against Gutts, and if you're wondering where he might have got that kushan sword, remember that after Griffith was reborn the place swarmed with Kushans. So I don't think he's ever fought for the Kushan army.

Sword Zodd threw Gutts during vol 8 (?) http://clientes.netvisao.pt/pfbe/zodd_1.jpg
Sword Zodd uses to kill mercenaries during vol 17 http://clientes.netvisao.pt/pfbe/zodd_2.jpg
Sword Zodd uses to fight Gutts in vol 22 http://clientes.netvisao.pt/pfbe/zodd_3.jpg

Not the same, only the last one is Kushan...

LordofMasks

Masks???...yeah, Masks...!!!

Hi Guys...I am New...so I want to greet everyone...
i HAVE SEEN A LOT OF THIS fORUM SO i WANTED TO JOIN...I love Berserk...The Scans you gave are very good and I hope I can contribute to the Topic... ;D

My first cuestion...Ganishka...Apostel or Magic(userr)??? ???

lordofmasks

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

OH NO!!!!!1111 YOU HAVE BROKEN RULE 0!!!! Never talk about steak on christmas!!!!111111222BBQOMFG ZERG RUSH!!!1

Lord of masks.... Hmmm... usually a disguise to hides someone's identity.... who has a lot of identities around this board.... Dah well, can't think of anyone ;D Welcome to the board and consider this your warning! :-*

LordofMasks

Sorry wont happen again.... :(
When does Episode 235 appear in YA?
How many Episodes appear in YA every month?
And who are those Elephant-, Alligatormen in 234? Kushan soldiers??? ???

lordofmasks

Judo

Midlands finest

LordofMasks said:
Hi Guys...I am New
greetings to the lord...
it looks like PF-members are infiltrating this board lately ;)
The Elephant-Soldiers are called Pishacha. Those are demon-creatures created by Ganishka ... I don't think they belong to the regular Kushan army.

When Ganishka blows off the roof where Irvine and the other archers are sitting, it looks like Irvine managed to jump away quick enough to get no harm. I can't wait to see his transformation... but there may be no need for him to transform when Griffith takes action.

LordofMasks

Yes Irvine jumps...you can see that he is the only one who is not blown away by the strike because it looks like he is retreating in the air.... 8)
I also want to see Irvines Apostel Form...I think maybe it looks like a cetaurus archer or the like...maybe... ???

lordofmasks

Well Zodd threw a sword years ago to help Guts against Basgone that strongly resembled a Kushan sword. I don't know what this would exactly mean if indeed was a Kushan sword other than some relationship of any kind.

Griffith, I guess if Griffith wanted and was able to take out Ganishka by himslef alone, he would have stormed the castle himself and have the job done.
About his magic, some clues indicate that he might be a user of the elemental of wind as all the stunts he did so far, resembled those Serpicko did with his magic items (other than that we have the clue of "light" but we don't know anything specific about it yet). Maybe and most propably he has a coordinated possible plan with all their forces and resources there, to corner Ganishka but I want to think that Ganishka won't fall till yet.
The most curious thing is the role of Rakashas so far. He just diverted the Tarpassa (were they that important in Griffith's plan?: Maybe so due to his first hand experience with them(actually he might be even holding the other two of them, if they didn't die)
If Ganishka falls down the plot gets pretty straightforward from now on: Guts and band against Griffith and his army. I just hope that Ganishka will play some role in the story yet.

LordofMasks

I still dont understand what u guys mean with this Zodd and the Kushans thing...I have the German vol. of Berserk and in vol.8 Zodd gives his Sword to Guts against Boscogne and in vol. 22 Zodds Sword is broken by Guts blow...then Zodd says that the Sword he stole from the Kushans is not so good.
But I dont think that Zodd worked for the Kushans...on the other side he has been there for more then 300 years... :p

lordofmasks

Bill

Daydreaming....

Heh.. I haven't logged on for a while. :)

I don't know if anyone's mentioned this... Ganishka's form seems remarkably similar to Flora's form in chapter 229, except her's was fire and his seems to be fog. That may not even be his apostle form, but his sorceror's elemental form.. As we saw, he has some rather gruesome teeth which suggests him having a physical form other than just fog.

Griffith's and Ganishka's confrontation shall certainly be interesting to see but I doubt that it'll end simply with that... Perhaps Griffith will just rescue Charlotte and not confront Ganishka at all, leaving Locus and Irvine to take care of him, but thats rather unlikely.

Just a few speculations ;)

Graywords

Bettychu, I choose YOU!

Griffith said:
Oh, and I think Griffith will personally need to dispatch Ganishka. That's my brilliant speculation of the day. ;)

-Griffith

For some reason, what came to my mind was Griffith's ability to speak with the dead, his incredible charisma, his "secret powers", and the souls of the thousands upon thousands sacrificed 1000 years ago in this very location. ^_- Maybe he could convince/command them to do something, hm?

Ganishka can't be hurt physically? Try astral, bitch.

It's a longshot, but I'd love to see a swarm of souls sucking 'Nishy into the abyss. :p

Judo

Midlands finest

xechnao said:
korkor said:
remember first time Guts fought zodd... which side was he on?
Tuder???
yup... when they first met(in a battle of the 100-year-war between Midland anc Tuder) we didn't even knew that the Kushans existed in the Manga.

Griffith

Judo said:
Tuder???yup... when they first met(in a battle of the 100-year-war between Midland anc Tuder) we didn't even knew that the Kushans existed in the Manga.

I don't think MIURA knew Kushans existed in the manga at that point. ;)

-Griffith

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

When does Episode 235 appear in YA?
How many Episodes appear in YA every month?

There is a date at the end of every Berserk chapter that announces when the next will come. Look at the last page of 234 and you will have your answer. YA is released roughly every 2 weeks.

About his magic, some clues indicate that he might be a user of the elemental of wind as all the stunts he did so far, resembled those Serpicko did with his magic items (other than that we have the clue of "light" but we don't know anything specific about it yet).
Why should "god"'s power be limited to elements? If you're referring to the Kushan archers all missing Griffith when he appeared in Shed (Vol 22 / episode 184), that was just Griffith's causality affecting everything around him... He is, after all, "god".

That may not even be his apostle form, but his sorceror's elemental form..
A cool idea, but Flora had to die to project that astral form. The transformation was a bit different too... Ganishka transformed directly in front of everyone, to dodge an arrow, no less. Either he's a more powerful sorceror than Flora or it is indeed his apostle form.

and the souls of the thousands upon thousands sacrificed 1000 years ago in this very location. ^_- Maybe he could convince/command them to do something, hm?
Another very cool idea, but in Episode 195, Griffith can only talk to those spirits for a short ammount of time before they transcend to "where they can join as one." Those spirits from 1000 years ago will have been collected long ago into what Idea calls "Hell", or if y ou want to be more definitive, the Abyss.

Walter said:
Why should "god"'s power be limited to elements? If you're referring to the Kushan archers all missing Griffith when he appeared in Shed (Vol 22 / episode 184), that was just Griffith's causality affecting everything around him... He is, after all, "god"
What about his super jump on his horse over the Kushans to maim the commander and the displament of Tarpassa that jumped against him.
Anyway your interpretation sounds very cool: God is the one that controls things, be it destiny or casuality, but Godhands are somehow limited I guess as far as the manga goes.
Griffith is a fine strategist and if he is able to control even casuality then things seem pretty doomed.
I just hope it ain't that powerfull.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member

It's spelled causality. And I don't mean that god goes in and changes around events to his whim... Events shape themselves around him. Surely this has already been evident to you in the series.

For example, in this arrow shooting instance. It is unlikely, however, possible that the arrows will all miss him. Griffith appears in the exact instance for all the archers to be on a really bad day, causing them to all miss at once. Why? Causality. Pre-determined conditions warp themselves for god's desires.

I got your message first place but I was saying that, if it is like this,
then would be quite impossible to win against Griffith other in the condition of "certaincy" if exists such a word.
Now adding the fact that Griffith is propablly the finest strategist around, this brings the odds against his will to zero.
That said I rather prefer not to think about it even if it is true :)
Still I retain the possibility of the air elemental stunts as all three of them were similar to that of serpicko.Pay attention that the cannon ball Guts fired him(as Phemto), diverted upon reaching him-same thing with his sword, rather than missing first-place.

Griffith

xechnao said:
That said I rather prefer not to think about it even if it is true :)
Still I retain the possibility of the air elemental stunts as all three of them were similar to that of serpicko.Pay attention that the cannon ball Guts fired him(as Phemto), diverted upon reaching him-same thing with his sword, rather than missing first-place.

It's possible, but like you said, I prefer not think about it even if true. I find "wind power" a little simple for God Hand. If Femto's powers in volumes 3 and 13 were to somehow be physically explained, a control of gravity would work, by why limit it that way either? I like the mystique Miura has left Griffith's powers and Femto before him for now; it just is. =)

-Griffith

But also remember what Locus said to Raban: a wind that will blow the mist away...

Well, Griffith has uber Charisma, an ultimate strategic ability and an army of apostles.

Also being the hawk of light might also mean something as far as the shadow power of Gut's Dragonslayer. But this is mystique :)

About gravity, I disagree: controlling gravity couldn't parry Guts' sword the way it happened neither dispace cannon balls trajetory that drastically it did.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you

xechnao said:
But also remember what Locus said to Raban: a wind that will blow the mist away...

Well, Griffith has uber Charisma, an ultimate strategic ability and an army of apostles.

Also being the hawk of light might also mean something as far as the shadow power of Gut's Dragonslayer. But this is mystique :)

About gravity, I disagree: controlling gravity couldn't parry Guts' sword the way it happened neither dispace cannon balls trajetory that drastically it did.

Gravity? Where the hell did that come from? Anyways, I know what you are talking about... I think... I guess what everyone is say'ing is that Griffith has the power of fate. I guess you could put it that way. Things just happen around him naturally because of who and what he is.He just radiates that much power. :-*

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Gravity? Where the hell did that come from? Anyways, I know what you are talking about... I think... I guess what everyone is say'ing is that Griffith has the power of fate. I guess you could put it that way. Things just happen around him naturally because of who and what he is.He just radiates that much power. :-*
I think you missed Griffith's last post.
Anyway, indeed fate in BERSERK holds a special place. The fact that the behelit returns always to his owner maybe the best example.
But everyone has his fate.
However I am just making notice about the wind element in Griffith's action hour ;D
I know they are just hints but I believe there are lots of them to make it noticable. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom