What Fate Silatt?

What will happen after Griffith takes Wyndham?

• Silatt flees to rally the Kushan Army

Votes: 15 83.3%
  • Silatt flees to save his ass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Silatt sticks around to serve Griff-reluctantly

• Silatt sticks around to become Daka food

• Silatt ,Minus Tapasa,flees and later joins forces with Guts

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Silatt, Plus Tapasa flees, and opposes Griffith alone

• Silatt, Minus Tapasa flees, and opposes Griffith alone

• Silatt flees, returns to Kushan to announce the Emperor's death, becomes new emperor

• Total voters

Herald of Yama

"It is pure Potential"
Silatt and the Tapasa are just too nifty to throw away senselessly. Then again, so was Pippin...hmm. I do hope to see Silatt take part in a major turning point in the story. I'm not dead-set against a Guts/Silatt partnership, I just don't see it working too well. Neither of them has any reason to trust the other-except maybe to get the job done. ;)

Godo

Check out these rippling biceps
Hey, Guts managed to get Farneze "Burn all heretics burn burn burn!" to join him... why not a far more rational man in Silatt?

J

SaiyajinNoOuji said:
Because they have tried to kill each other before a few times.

I don't remember i'm still re-reading the volumes but if i'm right they hate each others because Guts beat Silatt in the tournement when Guts quitted the Hawks before the occultation...

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Smith said:
I couldnt say they hate each other... Rather i feel Silatt is not convinced that he lose...

He is, and he actually holds Guts' abilities in high respect. Guts however, being the victor in both battles, doesn't feel the same sense of respect for Silatt. =)

Griffith

With the streak of a tear, Like morning dew
Guts makes light of Silatt throughout their fights, but does compliment him at the end of their second. So there is some amount of mutual respect. Though, Silatt is still on the losing end of that relationship.

-Griffith

P.S. What is this stuff about Silatt rallying the Kushan army again? And without mention of Guts and Silat joining, a much more likely scenario. Bad poll.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
I can see Silatt joining up with Guts, but I honestly couldn't see his bulging friends joining him. Maybe they'll be offed in coming chapters?

I agree with Griff, give us some decent choices for the poll and we'll vote ;)

Godo

This just occured to me....if Guts is forming a band like the previous tightly knit group like the Hawks (minus 5000 soldiers), then it's kinda interesting how the roles are panning out...

Guts = Griffith (my Dream.. is to survive and kill those responsible!)
Farneze = Caska (he gave me strength and a new reason to live)
Serpico = Judeau (I'm with Farneze.. what's good for her is good for me)

..actually the Judeau role is split between Serpico and Puck, the way I see it. Puck gets the 'buddy-buddy' side of Judeau while Serpico gets the 'secret attachment to the leader's woman' side

Isidro = Rickert (I'm a kid doing a man's job and I'll learn from him)

Silatt = Corkus/Guts's previous role (He's my rival, yet we share a common cause, and yes, I'll off him when I get a chance)

Azam = Pippen (I'm big, burley, not very wordy, and good with blunt objects)

of course, the introduction of Schierke is new, just as the introduction of that girl who now tags along w/ Griffith is new

J

Schwabe

*cough*
Godo said:
This just occured to me....if Guts is forming a band like the previous tightly knit group like the Hawks (minus 5000 soldiers), then it's kinda interesting how the roles are panning out...

Guts = Griffith (my Dream.. is to survive and kill those responsible!)
Farneze = Caska (he gave me strength and a new reason to live)
Serpico = Judeau (I'm with Farneze.. what's good for her is good for me)

..actually the Judeau role is split between Serpico and Puck, the way I see it. Puck gets the 'buddy-buddy' side of Judeau while Serpico gets the 'secret attachment to the leader's woman' side

Isidro = Rickert (I'm a kid doing a man's job and I'll learn from him)

Silatt = Corkus/Guts's previous role (He's my rival, yet we share a common cause, and yes, I'll off him when I get a chance)

Azam = Pippen (I'm big, burley, not very wordy, and good with blunt objects)

of course, the introduction of Schierke is new, just as the introduction of that girl who now tags along w/ Griffith is new

J

*cough* This has been mentioned several times before, and shot down several times before.

You've done a fine job of linking the ideas with your words, you dont sound confused or deranged like some others, but that really is too simple (or perhaps the word is too complicated) to be.

How bout we take things as they are, and not as we can hypothesize.

Silat and Azam are not even a part of Guts's troop. The only reason guts stays with them is for the benefit of protecting Caska.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Silatt doesn't strike me as the type of character to join any roving band like that. The idea of him in Guts' group just doesn't work in my opinion. Besides, he's already got the Tapaasa to boss around. ;)

Silatt has chosen to serve the Emperor.
If he finds out that he was wrong, he could find himslef in a critical-shocking situation because of the ranking of his responsabilities.
In this "weak" state he might be subjectival to join another band, like the one of Guts.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Or maybe he will just say fuck it and try to do it himself... I remember Silatt talking to the taspass and them asking Silatt if they were going to continue serving. Well what I mean is, maybe after this Silatt and Co will say fuck it and just do things there own way. You know, kinda like rivals to Gut's co fighting against the apostiles and what not.. just my say, no evidence really, just spec... :p

Godo

of course, my previous post implies that *eventually* this might be how things will shape out. I can just see it coming. With Silatt seeing things clearly for the 1st time (your emperor's a demon, didn't ya know? ) and his odds of surviving against apostles rather slim (even with the Tapassa), I'd *speculate* that he'll run across Guts's band sooner rather than later and be *forced* to join forces.

J

Top Bottom