Femto/Griffith

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have only really noticed it since i have been reading it again but after griffith becomes femto and rapes caska and all, the skullknight comes in and escapes with both buts and caska, but griffith has a chance to attack them as they are escaping but does nothing but stares at his hand after considering it.

it almost looked like he couldnt help it like his power was stuffing up, but i dont think so because there is no reason to suggest this, and as he has his deadly hand out there is a close up on guts right before he lowers it, so the only conclusion i could come to was he hesitates and decides to let them go.
what does anyone else think?

Simple... He still miss Guts, evidence is rather clear in vol22

But if SK decided to fight him... i wonder how things will goes ::)

when he once again takes human form he seems to also get back some humanity which is why he came to see guts, however as femto he didnt really have a conscience at all. he had just raped caska, let guts watch in agony so if he let him go it is a little strange, but not so unexpected i guess.

Nostalgic-Savage

"Talk the talk but do u walk the walk?!"
i think that Femto was confused when he saw all his minions crash down by SK he stared at his hand as if he dont understand why is powers are not crushing SK.....

thats my opinion.....

Sparnage said:
so if he let him go it is a little strange, but not so unexpected i guess.

The worst torture was to let him live and watch what he will become in the future, just like Caska case when he purposely keep Guts alive so that he can see how Femto rape his girlfriend

perhaps he wanted him to let him go and live in his new hell.
i didnt really speculate if femto was thinking that far in the future or not, but i guess it is quiet possible.

I think that Guts had to die.
No branded should have escaped the occultation as Skullknight said to Guts that this was something extraordinary.
But again maybe Griffith had to place his semen inside a female that she had to survive to bring his child in the world so that he could use the babie's body by the egg apostle to incarnate.
I don't know if this that happened was pure luck and coincidence or that had to happen for Griffith's incarnation.

xechnao said:
I think that Guts had to die.
No branded should have escaped the occultation as Skullknight said to Guts that this was something extraordinary.
But again maybe Griffith had to place his semen inside a female that she had to survive to bring his child in the world so that he could use the babie's body by the egg apostle to incarnate.
I don't know if this that happened was pure luck and coincidence or that had to happen for Griffith's incarnation.

i dont think it was griffiths intention of fucking their kid up, it just came as a consequence of being a real bastard. the godhand admitted that even they cannot foresee everything, though i dont remember hearing any connection to griffiths incarnation having much to do with either the child or the egg apostle.

DemonX said:
If Guts was dead, he wouldn't still be alive, would he?

guts is dead in the spirit world because the moment he was branded his fate was sealed, even though he managed to survive physically the spirit world considers him dead, which is why he is between realitys. you could say his soul is as dead as those that try and take his body.

well the spititual world considers him dead, that much is fact. you cant really say that a persons soul is dead because in the berserk reality the soul lives on for eternal despair, but still lives on.
i think the only difference between him and the spirits that come for him is that he has a body, and thats why they come after him, yet keeps him in the realm of the living.

perhaps his soul was tampered with and turned into a vengeful evil spirit once he was branded, though i always figured the aggressive nature he always had inside of him naturally came out from such a traumatizing incident, nothing more.

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Sorry to piss on your fire here, but last time I saw Guts... he was alive. He is supposed to be dead due to the sacrifice, but he's still living, regardless of his fate. If you want to be metaphorical and say that he's not living, only existing, because of all the adversities he has to endure blah blah blah yakidee smakidee, then by my guest ^^

no prob at all uriel, however when you enter a potential argument you should make sure of what you are saying.

i was not being philosophical or "metaphorical" as you strangely put it on this matter, this is not my personal belief made from my imagination, i would not state my opinion so strongly on fiction story unless it was proven as documented evidence, and in this case it is!

skull knight volume 13 chapter 12.
skull knight talking to guts after his sprint
"from now on this will be your world, the boundary between the transient world and the relm of the dead. the border between worlds"

skull knight taking as guts is being attacked by spirits for the first time
"they.... are the lost souls of the dead even as they are dead. your warmth to them is a rare thing... they gather around you craving your warm flesh and blood. you are special to them, for you wear the mark of the sacrifice. you are already dead as far as the spiritual world is concerned.
it is the fate of all those who bear the mark of the sacrifice... yet you survived and thus you reside in this hell"

hmph, now if that were not true then i would certainly be curious on why evil spirits seem to find him so often, i suppose it could just be a brand that attracts evil spirits and thats it, but after reading all of berserk thoroughly on more than one occasion i think there is a bit more to it than that, and i dont think skull knight is speaking metaphorically.

perhaps you should read it again and pay more attention to the dialogue, and for further reference a more appropriate time to use the term metaphorical would be as a figure of speech in which one thing is identified with another. eg; you pissed on my fire poorly, try again soon.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
perhaps you should read it again and pay more attention to the dialogue, and for further reference a more appropriate time to use the term metaphorical would be as a figure of speech in which one thing is identified with another. eg; you pissed on my fire poorly, try again soon.
Try using a translation better than mine. No, I'm serious. The one you used is horrendously off.

Uriel said:
My point is that Guts is alive, what's there to argue about?

i find that a little simplistic.

Walter said:
Try using a translation better than mine. No, I'm serious. The one you used is horrendously off.

are you commenting on my personal dialogue or the translation version i used for skull knight?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
are you commenting on my personal dialogue or the translation version i used for skull knight?
I used the word T R A N S L A T I O N. Your Skull Knight dialogue, I'm fairly sure, comes from my early scanlations of volume 13-14, which the Hawks incorporated (for some reason), even though they were too off to give anything more than a vague description of what was being said.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
I'm lazy so I'll just give you Rane's translation:

http://arcticnightfall.com/ranemaka13/main.php?section=translations&trans=v13ch11

Page 222

Guts: (What's this?)
(It feels like I'm cutting water...)
Skull Knight: The ghosts of the world are lost here.
They hold onto life even in death.
They gather, longing for your flesh, and warm blood.
The Brand of Sacrifice...
It attracts the people of darkness.
Spirits: Blood...
Life...
We will take it in...

Uh oh, looks like the line about Guts being already dead disappeared! :eek:

yes it was a hawks translation, i have noticed a couple of people dont think too much about them, i didnt think you would hate them so much walter as i noticed when skulllord was around you said he was our "idea" or something and made a link to when griffith talks to the idea for the first time, the translation was almost exactly the same as the hawks one.

interesting aazealh, i dont know how confident you guys are with your japanese language skills, i cant say i speak, read or write japanese so i woudnt know for sure although i have seen and read enough anime and manga to know a good translation compared to shit ones.

maybe your right, but that particular bit scene is of skulknights lecture is a tad obscure, with the bit you claim you both claim is a mistake about him being considered dead in the spiritual world, the explanation makes alot more sense than a brand of sacrifice simply attracting darkness.

Mizar

Œ©‰Ž•·‚©‰ŽŒ¾‚퉎
Sparnage said:
that particular bit scene is of skulknights lecture is a tad obscure, with the bit you claim you both claim is a mistake about him being considered dead in the spiritual world, the explanation makes alot more sense than a brand of sacrifice simply attracting darkness.

But the translation Aazealh posted is the only correct one. Guts is not considered dead, but his brand is simply a source of attraction for dark spirits, like mosquitos that are drawn towards the light. Makes perfect sense to me.

And btw, the translation of that part with Griffith and Idea was made by Olivier Hague. The Hawks had nothing to do with them. Now what was your point again?

it doesnt really matter who translated the idea thing, what made it stick out in my mind was that with all the bitching people do about hawks translation with being dodgy and wrong, yet when i read that idea thing it was almost exactly the same as the hawks version. it doesnt really matter why but if they were so dodge then how would they be so fucking similar.

i have even heard things like they cant even translate themselve steal their ideas from fans and shit. i suppose they club baby seals in their spare time just to be rotten.
they have translated a countless amount of movies, anime and manga, have a huge fanbase (elsewhere moreso) and compared to some petty translations i have read they are good quality.

the question of "why" the brand attracts darkness would not have come to my head if i had read that other version recently posted, but since it was than it seems to make more sense. this is what i have gathered from reading it;

it is agreed on either translation that he is between worlds, so its rational to presume that since he is between worlds both living and dead than it is right to assume because of this his spirit is considered dead in the spiritual world, and therefore the brand that what placed on him was infact not just a evil mark that attracts spirits but also represents his sealed death the godhands gave to him before his actual death, leaving him to survive considered dead yet he physically remains, so the evil spirits that persue him consider him a person almost in their relm with a physical body to take.

makes perfect sense to me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Sparnage said:
it doesnt really matter who translated the idea thing, what made it stick out in my mind was that with all the bitching people do about hawks translation with being dodgy and wrong, yet when i read that idea thing it was almost exactly the same as the hawks version. it doesnt really matter why but if they were so dodge then how would they be so fucking similar.

Because they fucking copied it dumbass, like with half their Berserk scanlations, that is, the half that's almost good, since they managed to make errors even so they were stealing other people's work.

Sparnage said:
i have even heard things like they cant even translate themselve steal their ideas from fans and shit.

Well I wouldn't say it's not true, considering for example that their Bastard translations are from French and not Japanese, done by people so stupid that they would make the worst members here look smart.

Sparnage said:
[...]
makes perfect sense to me.

Too bad it's not correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom