Anime endings

ISAMU

"want some candy little kid"
ok ive just finished watching the last tape of cowboy bebop that i borrowed from a friends and im pissed/sad/depressed/crying why cant i ever watch a anime with a happy ending. why do they always have to kill off the characters why cant they just have them have a happy ending for once. this is like the time when i watched the last eps of the berserk tv eps and freaked out when judeau died .... thinking right now and cant think of any anime thats realy had a happy ending. well i guess im just trying to say u make a anime and the fan gets realy in to get attached and then BAM the fan watches the last eps and his world come crashing down.  :'(

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
lifes a bitch... deal with it...

however trigun didn't have a bad ending... watch that

Ummmmm?? They killed off Wolfwood? I call that more than a bit cruel *grins*

And now they killed off poor Gascogne in Vandread 2:nd Stage! *sniff* I sat in shock for the next two episodes just hoping she'd come back somehow... but now all is lost. Phoey. I really liked her.

puella

Berserk forever
I guess happy ending may not fit in oriental emotion, especially Japanese as a couple of my former posts said.
Many of Japanese writers were willing to choose to suicide as you know. We oriental people can't understand truly Rambo, Cliff hanger, diehard ...and others. Even the hunchback of Notre dam, anime!! How could! i know their purpose though.
I'm not the one for the tragedy but I just think more tragedies than comedies in life as Cnc said above. So pessimistic?
life sucks~ so i really really want a happy ending too ironically.
Maybe this can be a good reason why there are so many happy endings though few ones in Japanese anime.

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
I thought Bebop's ending was happy. It just wasnt a typical "Guy gets girl, girl kisses guy, jet gets laid by a rich hussy, ed gets a super computer, fei gets a hot guy with chest hair and a spiffy haircut, and ein gets a giant doggy-bone" kind of ending.

It resolved the main plot, spike's past, and thats a happy ending in my book.

---------------------------------------

Trigun's ending? Blargh... Then again Im just completely biased against that entire series, so dont listen to me.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
am i the only person who thinks eva has a happy ending?

my personal fav ending so far is the manga ending for Yu Yu Hakusho, it's so....anti-climatic

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
am i the only person who thinks eva has a happy ending?

my personal fav ending so far is the manga ending for Yu Yu Hakusho, it's so....anti-climatic
Havent seen all of Yu-Yu but I also thought Eva's was happy, in an Anno Hideaki kind of way.

ISAMU

the movie or the eps ending for eva cause the eps one was kinda happy but the movie was sad cause well they just killed off the planet thats all.

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
the movie or the eps ending for eva cause the eps one was kinda happy but the movie was sad cause well they just killed off the planet thats all.

even tho i can't stand discussions about eva, but this is my two cents:

nobody died. what died (in both the movie and the tv) is a perspective, a point of view.

even though the movie shows characters getting shot or turning into OJ left and right.

they weren't real people, just like how anime isn't really real life. (am i making sense or has anno poisoned my mind?).

ISAMU

for one people died all the time in eva in the movie people are geting killed left and right and to the note thats its not real life so what we still enjoy the shows and get attached to things we enjoy and when u see the things u enjoy being killed u freak out. like having a dream of ohh say your cat geting ran over a cat u loved for 7 years just lying there dead on the road helpless to do anying about it u fell like shit. Or when your reading a great book and u cant put it down but some time your going to finish the book and have to put it down depending on the ending u fell good or u fell upset. but thats how i fell about stuff like that im not saying every one is like that

eintrigga

Today's Yamaba?
yikes, looks like i didn't make myself too clear on my last post. what i wish to express is NOT scoffing at people who get emotional while bombarded with images/plot/stuff/crap

by what i mean regarding people's death: it's the analogy of imagery vs reality

the characters in eva are representations and images of shinji's (anno) psyche, they could very well exist in real life (for shinji). but world of "eva" is a reflection of a mentality/perspective of shinja. when shinji destroyed the world, he only destroyed the shadowed figment of the real world. am i making sense?

Heh, Not all anime have sad endings...

Sailor Moon has a happy ending (Not anime, anime screwed up all 5 season endings >_<)

Wedding Peach had a semi-happy ending.

Marmalade Boy had a happy ending...except for Miwa fans...

They are out there...

*Ducks and hides*

thank god i skipped half of these posts or alotta series/movies woulda been ruined for me (ie, the Eva Movies and Trigun[though i dont much care for that series])....

guess its my own fault though, seeing as how the topic IS "Anime Endings"

ISAMU

&quot;want some candy little kid&quot;
the characters in eva are representations and images of shinji's (anno) psyche, they could very well exist in real life (for shinji). but world of "eva" is a reflection of a mentality/perspective of shinja. when shinji destroyed the world, he only destroyed the shadowed figment of the real world. am i making sense?
yes u are making sense but thats how his world ends the world of shinji was evangelion and well I got attached to it and when he decides to destroy it i was upset even though now i dont realy care anymore its just the felling of the moment when watching it.
and the ending to bebop was a good ending just that it wasnt realy happy of a ending. spike went out a cool way but its still sad to see him go would of been cool if they just had him going back to his Cowboy ways
Ummmmm?? They killed off Wolfwood? I call that more than a bit cruel *grins*

thanks alot fishbomb now i know how it ends
yeah but dont worry theres alot more besides wolfwood that happens even though thats another character death i was kinda upset about.

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
All right, here we go……

First, I think the ending for Trigun was kinda happy since it implied that things were going to work out for everyone…. Sort of (Vash was going to work out his problems with Knives, the insurance girl realized how she felt about Vash, and the tall girl got over Wolfwood’s death.. I think)…. Anyways, I thought it was kinda happy.

As for Evangelion, the series had a happy ending, but the movie had a bizarre, sort of depressing ending (Shinji sitting on the Rei/Misato/Asuka person, choking her, then breaks down crying and mutters “I feel sick”…. doesn’t sound quite like a happy ending….)

Then there’s Bebop, not quite a happy ending, but conflicts were resolved, questions were answered…. Good enough.

Oh well, that’s just what I think, and I’m probably wrong about some of the stuff I said….. oh well….

The_Stick

&quot;Shoot for the moon. That way, if you miss it
This is kind of irrelavent, but anyway I just came in and read all these posts while listening to Bebop's final ending theme - Blue.

hehe. :eek:

weird..

and for some reason, I want my own death to be like Spikes....just seems like a rad way to go out....

oh no, now I'm just talking crazy. I need to go to bed.

Fishbomb

Wolfwood`s my favorite character from Trigun. I just hope he doesn`t get offed in the manga.

You and me both... *holds thumbs* Damn I love that manga! Pure poetry in motion...

*ponders* Hmmm that might have been why I thought the Trigun anime was a bit flawed in the animation at times. It just didn't hold a candle to the manga, just like some people don't think the Berserk animation can compare to the Berserk manga.

ooops, sorry for ruining the ending, but... I thought that was what the topic was? Anime endings? So I figured most people had seen what we discussed. My bad. I'll put a bit SPOILER on my post next time! Besides... that ain't the ending, trust me... there's a LOT going down after that!

ISAMU

&quot;want some candy little kid&quot;
I need to read more mangas but my town sucks and if i do try ordering it from my local comic store the stupid bastard takes months to get crap in like i ordered one of the berserk figures about 7 months ago and got it last week. if i realy wanted to get mangas i have to drive 5 hours to CA. so i know jack crap about mangas hehe. so most that i state will be off the tv shows.and
and for some reason, I want my own death to be like Spikes....just seems like a rad way to go out

that would be the way for me to die if i was as much of a bad ass as spike was.

Fishbomb

All right, here we go……

First, I think the ending for Trigun was kinda happy since it implied that things were going to work out for everyone…. Sort of (Vash was going to work out his problems with Knives, the insurance girl realized how she felt about Vash, and the tall girl got over Wolfwood’s death.. I think)…. Anyways, I thought it was kinda happy.

Yeah, it is kinda happy... in a fulfilling sort of way. I like endings that aren't perfectly 'satisfying', and to get things to feel real you need to sacrifice things, just in real life. I like it! *smiles*

As for Evangelion, the series had a happy ending, but the movie had a bizarre, sort of depressing ending (Shinji sitting on the Rei/Misato/Asuka person, choking her, then breaks down crying and mutters “I feel sick”…. doesn’t sound quite like a happy ending….)

Not happy... but it broke down a very important barrier for both characters. Shinji let his agressions to the surface for the first time, instead of just supressing everything that he felt. Asuka let herself admit that she didn't feel good, that she could be wounded and wasn't all invincible. Hopefully this would lead to both characters being able to confront their feelings more fully in the future. It's painful... very painful, but growth usually is that. Just look at Berserk...

Then there’s Bebop, not quite a happy ending, but conflicts were resolved, questions were answered…. Good enough.

Oh well, that’s just what I think, and I’m probably wrong about some of the stuff I said….. oh well….

Yeah, I like the ending... I just thought that it would have been nice to have a few more episodes to get a proper buildup for that climactic episode. Now it feels a bit... hurried. *grins* Or perhaps I just didn't want it to end...

Fishbomb

That was only Asuka. ^_^;
That was Asuka's line, actually.

Yeah, forgot to say that in my post above... I think it was the first time she admitted weakness in words... *not too sure about that*

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
That was only Asuka. ^_^;
That was Asuka's line, actually.

Really? Oh well… anyways, I just remembered another anime ending that I was really displeased with and thought I should bring it up: Big O. The series was awesome and I though it had a lot of potential, but when it ended, I nearly jumped out of my seat and started screaming. I know that what they have is only the first season, but I haven’t heard anything about a second. ARGH! And it was sooo cool too!!! >:(

Top Bottom