Is Guts still human ?

Ok, i looked for 3 pages in the speculation and the character sections to be sure this topic never been discussed, i still have doubt about it but whatever...

Well, I think Guts isn't human anymore, he's been trought too much as a branded, he's too powerfull to be human.
If Skull Knight is really a struggler like Guts, we all konw that SK is not human anymore.

Those who want to be "funny", just don't think about saying Guts is a Super-Sayan or some shit like that :p

Well i guess that you can't say that being powerful means to be inhuman, for instance you can take Silke, who may be in some cases much more powerful than Guts (well even Guts is astonished by what she can do ;D)

And also IMO, Guts is also fighting to "keep his humanity" in some way, because he could also have lost against "his beast" and clearly become inhuman. Even in his new berserker armor he manages to keep his sanity and humanity (thanks to Silke this time ^^).

And I guess it is a bit to early to make a comparison with SK, because we have been told twice (or more, sorry I'm not sure about that one :-[ ) that they seem to take the same path, but each time (I guess) someone told that Guts' path could differ from the one SK took, eventually, it could be that Guts will manage to stay human.
Everything is just my opinion, but I think that we still haven't much clues about that ;)

Orlandu said:
you can take Silke,

Sehierke you mean... i cannot say she is human becz she like Flora had live longer than any mortals...

The reason i like berserk is becz of Muira fresh idea... Abt how human will react if impossible things exist (such as apostle, undead etc), how will they fight such things and what will happen to them if they are push to the limit...

If the story had started with Guts being send to Earth from outer space, and become super saiya i would no longer be a fan of berserk (main reason i didnt really like DBZ)...

In other word if Guts now is no longer human i would not be in this board... he might be super powerful, but he is still human.

P.S the reason why this had never been discussed before it becz no one had ever thought Guts is no longer human

Well, in some way i think Guts isn't human anymore, he survived too much. Maybe it's the power of the DS gained trought battles that go in him while he's handling it.

He's not human, he's not demon, he's not a wizard.. so what is he ? He's just a struggler in my own opinion...

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
He is human, I think it is significant when Flora is telling Silk, "he is still alive". He can die. Gatsu seemingly inhuman ability is rage and willpower, he is not immortal, he can be hurt and killed, but he keeps trying, that is why he is so great.

Schwabe

*cough*
Yet what is human... Even the Count, an apostle, choose death and damnation over sacrificing his daughter. That is quite human, and yet he is an apostle, I would say Guts can be considered either with differing personal outlooks.

Guil-BANNED! said:
Smith, weren't you trying to say Schierke, rather ? ::)

Guil

Sorry abt the typo error in both Miura and Schierke, i type this before i slept at 1 plus... so i was a bit tired... :p

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Smith, I swear to god i will hunt you down and chop off your fingers, I cannot understand any of your posts, USE FULL WORDS.

Schierke is human, she has magical training, gutts is fighting to keep himself rather then his humanity, although miura has said he plans on keeping gutts human to what extent? or was it misquoted and could he simlpy have ment not apostle? I have a little theory, that gutts body is some how changed (note when the women were thrown in the babys were transformed from the exposer to the ethereal. Perhaps gutts suffers from the same thing in which he could be turned into a demon like being. but then we have the differnce, from fighting and using his ethereal body it begain to close the gap from being out of the water, to the point he now sites half in and half out. The beast is his desire, his lust, his whatever the hell you would like to call it but all his negetive emotions givin a persona. The same emotions in which the apostles are drivin by, perhapes when the beast takes control of him it begins to alter the ethereal part of him not to the extent of becoming a differnt being entirely, so he is instead fighting to keep himself, his own being in control while the beast, the gluttonous part of him seeks only to end this journy so he may indulge in whatever makes him happy (probably slaughter). meh my opinion.

Cryptic

my mom says im cool...
Remember though, that Guts has been given the chance to give up his humanity. (during the Black Swordsman arc) and he refused. I think Guts wants to prove that he is better than Grifith, and he doesnt need to give up his humanity to achieve his dream.

I do think it would be cool to see Guts Behelit go off and see if Slann can turn Guts into her pet beast. (just picture Guts/Beast with a leash being held by Slann) ;)

Cryptic said:
Remember though, that Guts has been given the chance to give up his humanity. (during the Black Swordsman arc) and he refused. I think Guts wants to prove that he is better than Grifith, and he doesnt need to give up his humanity to achieve his dream.

I do think it would be cool to see Guts Behelit go off and see if Slann can turn Guts into her pet beast. (just picture Guts/Beast with a leash being held by Slann) ;)

His mind will always be human, he always will think like a human being unlike the apostles (they they are not humans anymore), like Kart said, being half in half out his body changed alot (power, resistance, etc..) so i think he can prove that he's not like Griffith, he can get "strenght"and "power" without the GH help...

Kart

Resident /b/tard
reguardless of god hand help what will be the end effect of this is more what I was going for. Will his body be human in the end? will he be able to make it without his body starting to change into a demon, he already has several strong ethereal exposers, The Armor, The Brand, The Sword, Slann.

I think although this is just kind of a moment of "God damn it'd be cool" is if somehow slann did end up with gutts, alteast gutts as slanns pet would be a kick ass picture.

Kart said:
Smith, I swear to god i will hunt you down and chop off your fingers, I cannot understand any of your posts, USE FULL WORDS.

THEN DUN UNDERSTAND! This board have more than 1900 members and i doesnt need any extra post of yours...

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Sure it does, I speak clearly for the most part, try to use proper grammar, try and make a point and NOT POST when i don't have anything to say, and always try to make my posts COHERENT, when infact your the person forums dont need, putting in half witted opinions in a badly put together sentence, but I'm not saying you need to leave, i'm saying stop looking stupid and put effort into your posts.

Schwabe

*cough*
Kart said:
Sure it does, I speak clearly for the most part, try to use proper grammar, try and make a point and NOT POST when i don't have anything to say, and always try to make my posts COHERENT, when infact your the person forums dont need, putting in half witted opinions in a badly put together sentence, but I'm not saying you need to leave, i'm saying stop looking stupid and put effort into your posts.

I like to post when I have nothing to say.

S

sin__lust

he definitely is(physically and spiritually),there is a reason for his power,and you could say he is a monster if there's not.

tonberrykid02

Berserk is genius....pure genius!
i think Gatts is supposed to represent the full capacity of human potential. its not like he's so strong because he has magic powers or something. he just trains really hard, and he gets really pissed off. he's a normal human, in an unusual situation that his led him to push the bounds of human capabilities.

living in the hazama only makes him stronger becuz he fight such hard opponents. he doesnt get endowed with power, he just get used to fighting stronger enemies.

Bill

Daydreaming....
Humans are creatures of their environment. Guts has been fighting for all his life, having a sword in his hands is what he's most used to. He's living a nightmarish world but he's adapted because he intends to survive and complete his goals: Revenge on Griffith or a peaceful existence with Caska.

Bill said:
he intends to survive and complete his goals: Revenge on Griffith or a peaceful existence with Caska.
If he is still human his first goal I say must be the second, if he has to choose only one.
At least that's what has been hypothesized in the manga so far IMHO...

Bill

Daydreaming....
xechnao said:
If he is still human his first goal I say must be the second, if he has to choose only one.
At least that's what has been hypothesized in the manga so far IMHO...

Those didn't go in a specific order.. However its true that Guts is heading to Puck's home to live peacefully.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
He isn't heading there to live, he's going to drop caska off these because after Godo's cave was destroyed there were no places which he could leave caska due to the fact demons would appear at night and attack her and she couldn't defend herself.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member
Kart said:
He isn't heading there to live, he's going to drop caska off these because after Godo's cave was destroyed there were no places which he could leave caska due to the fact demons would appear at night and attack her and she couldn't defend herself.

Please read the manga. Guts isn't going to drop Casca there, he isn't going to let her alone anymore.

Aazealh said:
Please read the manga. Guts isn't going to drop Casca there, he isn't going to let her alone anymore.

Hmmm... so he is not going against Griffith anymore... i doubt that will really happen

Top Bottom