Completed List of 2004 AOW Statues and Figures

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Here's a list of the AOW statues and figures that are either currently out or will be out, with dates and approximate prices: ( US dollars)

January 2004

Godhand Limited Set w/ Griffith in bandages 300.00

Godhand regular set: 275.00

Boscone 200.00
( limited and regular)

Re-released Limited Edition Behelit set: 30.00
(In one box with black instead of brass/gold attachment where the strings are attached)

Judeau ( three types) 200.00
Limited 1 ( brown uniform w/flag)
Limited 2 ( green uniform w/flag)
Regular ( brown uniform without flag)

Troll A ( in action) 200.00
Troll type B ( posed) 200.00

Shierke 100.00 ( limited and regular)

Guts Posable doll ( limited BLOODY and regular)

Mini Berserk set ( 4 types)
each set varies but to get a complete set of five figures of each variant will cost about 30-60.00

Bloody mini set
Rust-colored mini set
Regular mini set
Limited mini set with 'gold' colored Pucks

Godhand Mini Set
same variants and prices

Guts TV Version And Mercenary action figures: each 20.00

Shierke, Isidoro, Zoddo Human, Puck action figures, each are the same as the AOW statues with limited and regular versions ranging in price from 20-40.00

Two-Piece Mini Set: Guts and Silver Skullknight w/different paint scheme 40.00

February/March 2004

Skullknight ON HORSEBACK 300.00
( limited and regular)

Farnese statue 100.00 ( both limited and regular)

Serpico statue 100.00 ( both limited and regular)

Guts Millenium Falcon limited Edition 175.00

Millenium Falcon Griffith Action Figure's release date pending around the same time

Action figures of each new statue are also planned and will be priced 20-40.00

April/May 2004

Griffith Millenium Falcon Version 2 150.00
( limited and regular)

Grunbeld Human Form 200.00
( limited and regular)

Locus Human Form 200.00
(limited and regular)

Mule 100.00
( limited and regular)

Sonia 100.00
( VERY limited make)

Action figures are also planned and will be approximately priced from 20-40.00

There also may be an IRVINE statue...one of the prominent AOW artists favors this character very much, which is good news for protyping for a statue :)

And that's the list so far for 2004.

LG

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Thanks a lot for that. I'm assuming that the figure I was talking to you about was the Guts Millenium Falcon limited Edition one for $175? That's actually a good price for a wonderful model like that, I'm tempted to get it, seeing that it's not rare as hell ;D

Oh, cheers for those e-mails you sent me. Made me very envious :p

SexyCharlotte

Uriel said:
Thanks a lot for that. I'm assuming that the figure I was talking to you about was the Guts Millenium Falcon limited Edition one for $175? That's actually a good price for a wonderful model like that, I'm tempted to get it, seeing that it's not rare as hell ;D

Oh, cheers for those e-mails you sent me. Made me very envious :p

You wouldn't be envious if you saw my credit card bills LOLOL.

Yes it's 175.00. I thought it was a good price too for something like that. Some of the newer statues are not very good looking...I'm mainly interested in the armor on Boscone..but the Judeau statue is seriously lacking in personality. He looks like a dead voodoo doll of some sort.

conan

Until next time...
Your price for the 12" Berserk Guts figure from Dragon/ Art of War is wrong too. The price is right at 20,700 yen or $180 US dollars.

And even more if you have to pay shipping from Japan, a "finders fee," and paypal fees...

BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!!

SexyCharlotte

conan said:
Your price for the 12" Berserk Guts figure from Dragon/ Art of War is wrong too. The price is right at 20,700 yen or $180 US dollars.

And even more if you have to pay shipping from Japan, a "finders fee," and paypal fees...

BUT IT IS WORTH IT!!!

I mentioned there that it was 120 dollars. That was the price that was given by the manufacturer. If you look on Yahoo Japan the price ranges anywhere from 100 to over 200 dollars. I am not sure why, maybe these people can get what they take.

orobouros

I'm a llama!
Say, I went to the art of war website and couldn't find a listing. (I'm particularly interested in the Shierke statue.) Am I not looking hard enough, or did you get the info from elsewhere?

SexyCharlotte

orobouros said:
Say, I went to the art of war website and couldn't find a listing. (I'm particularly interested in the Shierke statue.) Am I not looking hard enough, or did you get the info from elsewhere?

All the items I post here ahead of time are from my special AOW friend ( source) in Japan. I'm really lucky to have her as a friend because then I can give firsthand info to all the SK members here ahead of time. The Shierke statue, however, is also an action figure. You might try here:

www.explosiontoys.com

I ordered the Shierke action figure. The statue looks just like it.

SexyCharlotte

orobouros said:

http://216.247.86.99/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ANI227&Category_Code=

Direct link to Shierke action figure. The statue looks exactly the same.

orobouros

I'm a llama!
Ah, thanks. I'd seen the action figure around before, but not the statue, so I was hoping for some pics of that. I have to say, though, the action figues are done so well even next to each other, the Skull Knight ones are only distinguishable up close. Well, I've got a statue on the way!

SexyCharlotte

orobouros said:
Ah, thanks. I'd seen the action figure around before, but not the statue, so I was hoping for some pics of that. I have to say, though, the action figues are done so well even next to each other, the Skull Knight ones are only distinguishable up close. Well, I've got a statue on the way!

Did you use the shopping service I posted here to order it? It's a really adorable statue. :)

The statues and action figures look exactly the same because they use the same mold and prototype. Both statues and action figures also come as variants with bloody versions and different color versions.

orobouros

I'm a llama!
Actually, I have a friend who gets lots of stuff from Japan. He's more or less an ebay merchant, and always looks out for me. With his help, I got one of the bloody variant Guts statues (the one where he's standing with the dragonslayer over his shoulder). I didn't see any limited edition of the Schierke statue, is there one? My goal is to get a collection of Guts' new party, though it might be too late for the Caska figure...

SexyCharlotte

orobouros said:
Actually, I have a friend who gets lots of stuff from Japan. He's more or less an ebay merchant, and always looks out for me. With his help, I got one of the bloody variant Guts statues (the one where he's standing with the dragonslayer over his shoulder). I didn't see any limited edition of the Schierke statue, is there one? My goal is to get a collection of Guts' new party, though it might be too late for the Caska figure...

I'm not sure what the Shierke limited has that is different from regular one. I usually collect both. AOW makes the limited versions in two ways: they either have a different paint scheme ( For example, the Zoddo Human Limited Edition was painted a slightly different color thanthe regular edition) or the limited version adds an extra piece...the Godhand Limited Set comes with an extra statue of Griffith in bandages making the sacrifice.

Some of the statues however, such as the Femto and the Skullknight, have several different variants...these are very rare and were given away as door prizes or prizes in a contest drawing. The Skullknight Statue's rarest forms come in black with gold specks, and then a bone ivory color.

Guts' New Company...by the Caska figure you mean the Caska 'insane' version, where she's wearing the beige dress? That can be found occasionally on Yahoo Japan as well.

orobouros

I'm a llama!
Lady Sexy Charlotte said:
Some of the statues however, such as the Femto and the Skullknight, have several different variants...these are very rare and were given away as door prizes or prizes in a contest drawing. The Skullknight Statue's rarest forms come in black with gold specks, and then a bone ivory color.

Guts' New Company...by the Caska figure you mean the Caska 'insane' version, where she's wearing the beige dress? That can be found occasionally on Yahoo Japan as well.

Yup, that's the one. I'll have to look into that, many thanks.

Gotta love Japan with the super mega ultra special perfect limited editions! I suppose I'm not quite as deep in the collector mentality that I want to get the special editions just because they're special, but they sure get me with the extras. The God Hand with the Griffith bonus, Silat with the detachable mask...

Anywho, thanks again for the info.

SexyCharlotte

They do have a lot of editions for the most popular statues and action figures. It kind of gets annoying if you're a serious collector. :) You just end up spending more money. I only picked certain statues to get the variations. Since Griffith/Femto is my favorite along with Zoddo I got as many of those variations as I could.

Well definitely check out the Caska Insane on yahoo Japan's link that I posted. Or, you can ask the shopper service here:

m-world-service@sales.ffn.ne.jp

And ask him if he can purchase for you the Caska Birth Rite Ceremony statue. It comes also in a limited edition which has a maroon behelit instead of the blue one.

conan

Until next time...
If you use this service, you will not be sorry. I am currenlty purchasing a couple of the 12" Guts doll/ figures through Masato.

He is easy to work with and an excellent communicator!!

Click here to begin!! :D ;)

Does anybody know whether AOW still make the "resin cast" (white, unbuilt and unpainted) versions of these statues/figures?

In the past, AOW would do a limited run of resin casts which were sold at Garage Kit conventions e.g. Wonderfest. Following this, they would then produce the "completed" versions made from 'cold-cast' porcelain - these are the ones most commonly seen today.
They did this double version production for: Guts - Hawk Soldier, Guts mounted on horse, Casca - Hawk Soldier, Griffith - Hawk Soldier, Griffith mounted on horse, Guts - Black Swordsman (1), Knight of Skeleton (Skullknight) and Casca (Rebirth version). That's why these can still be found floating around on the net, either in their original AOW form or as "recasts".

However, for all the newer figures I haven't been able to find any resin casts. This sucks because I build garage kits and tend to only make those of the Berserk variety...!

Currently I'm looking for the new version of Guts - Black Swordsman - the one where he's swinging the Dragonslayer and also (slightly older) Zodd with wings...

Any help would be much appreciated.

SexyCharlotte

You could try e mailing this service

and asking if he can find the resin kits... Tell him Lady Charlotte sent you.I know exactly what you're talking about. The model kits, when painted and finished, can look exactly like the statues. In fact one of them, the Griffith Hawk Solider on Horseback, was never made into an actual statue. It only comes as a model kit because of its size.

Or you could e mail my friend here who has all the AOW connections and can find anything Berserk....

thetsubasaproject@yahoo.com

Thanks LC - I'll try your suggestions.

In fact, resin kits actually have finer detail compared to the finished/fully painted articles. Resin holds detail better than cold-cast porcelain, and the finished kits' paint jobs also tend to be rather "heavy-handed".

Thanks again.

SexyCharlotte

Yeah but I sure don't have the time or patience for the model kits. The statues are not made of porcelain, they're resin cold cast.

Yeah, admittedly making/painting garage kits is not for everyone and it's definitely a dying hobby.

Cold cast porcelain is resin with powdered porcelain added to it, making it more brittle, but giving it a nice smooth texture.

Thanks again for your help - I've already touched base with M-World Service.

nir085

Horse and Armor
I'm impressed with AOW's work so far but there is still SO much that they need to get around to. Here are some things I'd like to see at some point:statues/figures of Snake Baron, the Count, Wyald, a better Silatt (he is not caska-colored!), a better Judeau, a better Boscogne (preferably one that shows his face), Adon, Rakshas, PIPPIN, Corkus, Tapasa, Roshinu, the Beast, etc. They should also make more group sets like they did with Godhand. Band of the Hawk (Caska/Griffith/Pippin/Corkus/Judeau), HICK (Azan, Farneze, Serpico), Mozgus and Inquisitors (self-explanatory), and Midland royalty (Charlotte, King, Yurious, Queen, Adonis, maybe Foss). Finally they should consider making playsets or models of certain memorable scenes/places. Examples would be the Bonfire of Dreams, the Eclipse hand with Griffith reaching out to Gutts, a miniature of the Castle the way it was seen in the Great Eclipse episode, and Gutts/Griffith (1st or 2nd fight).

ZODDOII

BERSERK
WAITING~~~~~but artofwar too slow,why no have

grunbeld apostle form~~? ??? if they make grunbeld

apostle form, i want say: do not give us small size

statue or actionfigure~~~

SexyCharlotte

ZODDOII said:
WAITING~~~~~but artofwar too slow,why no have

grunbeld apostle form~~? ??? if they make grunbeld

apostle form, i want say: do not give us small size

statue or actionfigure~~~

The Grunbeld statue is the human version, unfortunately not the apostle.

nomad

"Bring the light of day"
you all probably know this... Im just going to say it (just in case)... I just saw Berserk action figures in Suncoast. Dont know if it comes as a shock, but I was quite amazed...
I know... sounds retarded but thought u guys wanted to know this... carry on ;D

Top Bottom