my first anime!

maximus

Es ist einsam im Nebel zu wandern...
My first anime was "Mila Superstar"!!!I really watched it everyday and i can say that i was kind of addicted.
Apart from that this "ancient" simple anime-series really made me think!!
Especially about team spirit and the importance of sport in my own life!!
I think that was the first thing of anime or manga scene i ve been confrontated with and it really put some influence on me.

So i m looking foward to the release of Slam dunk! :)

cthm

Good... Bad... I'm the Guy With the Gun
I think the thing that really got me into anime was Akira, truly a work of art. ;D ;D ;D

I watched Speed Racer, Battle of the Planets, Starblazers and Robotech before I realised what anime was. I saw a raw version of Appleseed and Akira and I was hooked on the movies...About 6 years ago I watched Crying Freeman and Lupin and that was the start of my collecting obsession.. ...I ended up getting Berserk on a whim and now it is one of my favorites.

I have been watching Noir lately ..good stuff.

puella

Berserk forever
Mine is "Mononoke Hime" by Miyajakki Hayao. Hayao is my favorite.I've loved his anime since "Connan" which was on TV.
Uh-oh~ We got two Judeaus here. :D Yeah, Judeau is definitely one of most popular characters for both women and men.

Sofus

I serve the God Hand
I saw Ninja scroll on a lousy VHS a couple of years ago while I was doing my military service thingy (unarmed). It was during a party so none were paying much attention to the tv, but I kindof got interested. A couple of weeks later a friend had gotten some cds with all 95 episodes of Kenshin in 50 meg .rm files and I watched the first eps with him. Then I was stuck in the web so to say, saw all 95 eps in two weeks and after that I got a hold of the anime form of Berserk and Evangelion.
After those two I was kindof in a anime-frenzy (not surprisingly, I still consider those two to be the best and most emotionally engaging animes ever made) and grabbed everything anime-ish I could get. I was kindof let down since nothing got as good as Berserk or Eva, but still... :)

Today, a couple of years later I have 200cds with anime, and a fair amount of anime DVD's and mangas and I'm still going strong, still awaiting the release of more Berserk anime with just a tiny flicker of hope, let's hope it never gets a reason to die out :)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
My first anime?

*grins*

Typically of me it was the 5 tape uncut collection of Urutsokidoji hmmm... when was it that came out? I was at the uni... *ponders* could it have been 8 years ago? *snickers* For all swedish people out there: I love what they called it by mistake (?) in a public showing... : Urutsokiböji... *laughs* that is really just funny in sweden...

Not too long after that I saw Akira since I already read the manga... and then.... years and untold years until I saw something ever again.

Borrowed a few series from friends but none were really good. I mean... Battle Athletes for fucks sake!! ::) I think my real anime interest started two years ago when my roomie went to australia and came home with a whole hockey trunk of copied fansubbed tapes. Evangelion! Escaflowne! And when I got my cable connection last autumn... yummy, downloads... then I got stuck. ;)

Fishbomb

Fear the slightly white swordsman!
5 tape... uncut collection... *gets sick* of Urutsokidoji? *vomits*    :p

*grins* As I said.... that's me... the good olde days of italian schlock gore horror cinema... :p

Lucky the japanese have picked upp that fallen mantle...

ISAMU

"want some candy little kid"
Yeah, Judeau is definitely one of most popular characters for both women and men.
thats because judeau rules he was the coolest character if u asked me..... ohh yeah Akira and dragonballz are what got me hooked on anime

My first anime was akira, which was very cool, but after being awake at aparty all night- well it was really confusing.

Shortly after was Vamp Hunter D, and I spent a year watching assorted anime of what ever people showed me.

And in 96 I started getting into anime, mostly because I loved Ninja Scroll.

Top Bottom