Author Topic: Volume 26  (Read 2675 times)

medievald00d

Volume 26
« on: February 02, 2004, 06:10:08 AM »
I recently downloaded the scanslations from the hawks. Yes, i said scanslations, and yes, i said hawks. A few things i found interesting:

1. Graywords, Saiki, Mizar, and Puella's name go into the credits of the scanslations...

2. More importantly, i noticed that on Chapter 225, After Guts retreats to the underground cave to put on his new armour, there are some pages from Saiyan's scans missing (or some pages added into the manga, not sure which)

For those of you interested in the specifics, download The Hawks scanslations or break out your copy of Volume 26

page 195 and 196 seem to be added into the volume that werent in the magazine scans...

I checked to see if my copy of Saiyan's scans were incomplete, but it doesnt seem so. Anyone wanna comment?

Offline Mizar

• Of the Nexus
  • 見猿聞か猿言わ猿
Re:Volume 26
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 09:16:49 AM »
There are often differences between what's in the magazine and what's in the volume. Before a new volume is released Miura sometimes decides to add/leave out a few pages, or he changes the order of chapters around (Volume 22) or in extreme cases even decides to leave one out entirely (Volume 13).

I've seen a page somewhere on the net which pointed out some of the differences between the magazine and the (earlier) volumes. As far as I can remember it wasn't anything really spectacular (except for chapter 83), but it was interesting nonetheless.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 09:29:15 AM by Mizar »

Offline Aazealh

• 髑髏の騎士
  • Administrator
  • Of Terror
  • そうはいかぬ
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 12:54:23 PM »
I mentionned the 2 added pages here and provided pictures already.

As for the credits in their scanlations, on one side it's good that they finally credit the true translators, while on another side they never asked the mentionned people before using their work, and maybe they should apologize for not crediting them for years.

medievald00d

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 09:22:27 PM »
whoops. My bad, didnt read that thread...

Offline Smith

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2004, 03:40:32 AM »
I received a bad news from my comics shop... they said that they might decided to ban berserk from 26 onward... Someone complaint abt the violent content  :'(
It piss me off when I see weaklings, it make me want to crush them

Offline SaiyajinNoOuji

• Of the Abyss
  • I'm still better than you
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 04:35:07 AM »
Sorry to hear that Smith, why not try to look on the net for a site that can deliver it to you, just a thought.
"Plenty of time to sleep when you're dead!"

Offline Muad'Dib

• Of the World
  • God-Emperor of the llamas!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 08:19:20 PM »
...Someone complaint abt the violent content  :'(
Sounds like Mommy found Junior's Berserk stash!  Hopefully it will blow over and you can continue to get your Berserk.  If not, maybe they will special order it for you and just not display copies in the store.
"Use wisely your power of choice." - Og Mandino

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2004, 01:07:55 PM »
Before a new volume is released Miura sometimes decides to add/leave out a few pages, or he changes the order of chapters around (Volume 22) or in extreme cases even decides to leave one out entirely (Volume 13).
which chapters did he change around in vol.22?
Rock Concert Manual #237:
Taking the audience to a jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona... and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both: the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.

Offline Mizar

• Of the Nexus
  • 見猿聞か猿言わ猿
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2004, 01:38:32 PM »
which chapters did he change around in vol.22?

The first two chapters became the last. Nothing special, I know.

Offline Judo

• Of the Interstice
  • Midlands finest
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2004, 02:33:57 PM »
well, nothing special... but interesting anyway! thanx for the info!
Rock Concert Manual #237:
Taking the audience to a jungian journey into the collective unconscious by using the shadow as a metaphor for the primal self that gets repressed by the modern persona... and also by using an underground setting and labyrinth office design to represent both: the depths of the psyche and the dungeon-like isolation of our increasingly mechanistic society which prevents people from finding satisfying work or meaningful connections with others.