region 1 berserk box set

Wandering Soul

I was born in the wilderness...
what's a good price? at my local GAMESTOP i've seen it for about $90-$105. Other stores like bestbuy are always sold out, doesn't carry them, or sells them individually but not complete. anyone bought the region 1 box set?

conan

Until next time...
I bought them disc by disc and spend damn near $200.oo for the set...

Yeah...$90.oo's a good deal...
;D

The import HK DVD set by FX is a direct copy of the MB R1 set...it is only around $28 I think...
It is a better buy if you just want the show (not ALL of the extras are on the HK set...)

Just FYI...

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
Wandering Soul said:
what's a good price? at my local GAMESTOP i've seen it for about $90-$105. Other stores like bestbuy are always sold out, doesn't carry them, or sells them individually but not complete. anyone bought the region 1 box set?

Well if you want to pay a little more money you can go here:

www.animenation.com

OR go on ebay. They have a lot of the Premium DVD 6 sets starting at inexpensive prices. I bought one for 97.00 on BUY IT NOW

ZKK

Sentient Entropy.
Don't suppose you've got a region free DVD player?

If you have, and you've got the patience to wait until early in March you might like to import the Australian box set. Now they are region 4, hence needing the region free player, as well as the video format being PAL. They're produced by a company called Madman here in Australia. They licensed Berserk off Media-Blasters so as to have an official release here.

The reason I bring this up is its about the same price - maybe even cheaper if you play your cards right with the exchange rates (A$ vs. US$) and postage... the big difference being that these disks are far more professionally authoured than Media-Blasters' in my opinion.

I don't know if little things like menu design and implementation matter to you, but I've been kicking myself for picking up the region 1's over the region 4's here.

Heres some links if you're interested:

Wandering Soul

I was born in the wilderness...
thanks for the input everyone.

The region 1 set went up a little at my local gamestop (about $110 without tax). It is kinda pricy a lil (hey, I'm just a college student working at minimum wage job), but if its all I can find I'll take it. (certainly is better than $150 and $200) I'm searching ebay too in case theres a better deal.

ZKK, nah it's cool, I don't have a region free dvd player and certainly no money for one. But thanks for your word though = ).

Well I've been thinking about HK dvds, but aren't we not supposed to support piratism? (lol I'm just joking, I got some of those myself. Sometimes HK dvds are way better than the crap they distribute here (all edited, changed, and bastardized garbage here...) anyways) I've been weary of getting an HK set though because of video quality, and also the fansub quality (I got a Cowboy Bebop HK set which veiwed good but the english subs were damn poor, the characters' talking never made sense!!!) Anyone out there got an HK set of Berserk? Please tell me how it is.

ttyl people,
Wandering Soul

Chrome Coffin

Muppet of Death
There is a $10 dollar rebate coupon inside the Region 1 premium box that will be certainly helpful wherever you score your coveted copy.

Hurry though, it expires on March 31st, 2004.

I had to pawn an old drum machine to buy the box set myself ($129 at Media Play) and I feel it was well worth the trade, as Berserk has become the most influential and addictive anime/manga series I have ever seen/read.

Lauralana

That's Hot
God you guys paid soo much for the BoX Set. i must have lucked out cuz i found mine at Best Buy about two weeks ago for $85. but i would have paid more for it. it is worth the money. The extras are amazing, and the outtakes are so funny that everytime i think about them i can't help but laugh to myself. Of course, that doesn't look good in public.....

SexyCharlotte

All those who wander are not always lost
But who cares about what people think if we laugh out loud in public? We are the SK supermodels LOLOLOL

:D

Someone else on the board said they got theirs at Best Buy for 85 bucks too...and I've seen prices on ebay range from anything between 60 for used DVDs to about 125.

dorkwadd

Zim, Nny, and Squee!
Deep Discount DVD has a good price, but I can't get their site right now. I think it was $85 and free shipping.

Top Bottom