Author Topic: Creating Avatars  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Bill

• Of the Interstice
  • Daydreaming....
Creating Avatars
« on: February 05, 2004, 01:20:54 AM »
I'm the mood of creating a spiffy new avatar. Any suggestions on where to find good quality pictures? What programs do you guys recommend? Any tips?  ;D
Fairy tales are more than true -
not because they tell us dragons exist,
but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.

--G.K. Chesterton

Offline SexyCharlotte

• Prostitute of Intestines
  • Of the Vortex
  • All those who wander are not always lost
Re:Creating Avatars
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 01:47:13 AM »
I'm the mood of creating a spiffy new avatar. Any suggestions on where to find good quality pictures? What programs do you guys recommend? Any tips?  ;D

This is an incredibly stupid question regarding avatars. A member here named Windeline created another Charlotte avatar for me. It's currently on my screen saver. How the heck do I take that avatar and replace the one I have here? The one she made is a more sophisticated, prettier version of Charlotte.
"The heart has its reasons whereof reason knows nothing...." Pascale

Nasferatu Zodd

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 02:16:54 AM »
Adobe Photoshop 7.0.

This is an incredibly stupid question regarding avatars. A member here named Windeline created another Charlotte avatar for me. It's currently on my screen saver. How the heck do I take that avatar and replace the one I have here? The one she made is a more sophisticated, prettier version of Charlotte.
If you know where the file is then you need to upload the file onto a website. I suggest some free site like angelfire.com or something. If you can't do that however just send me the pic and ill throw it on my site for you. Hope this helps.

Scarface

Offline Uriel

• 天下無敵者
  • Of the Abyss
  • This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 02:29:36 AM »
[/center]
How about using the one I made for you? Ungrateful little shit.

Offline DemonX

• Noisy Insect
  • Quarantined
  • Of the Vortex
  • Jesus cries when he looks at me.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 03:46:13 AM »
[/center]
Ungrateful little shit.

Hehehe...

I think i remmber Walter saying that his program that runs the chat bbs is kinda old and he it too "lazy" to replace it. There is no way right now to get your own picture as your avatar unless you do what scarface said, and thats to load your own picture at the right sized into your own website, and linking the picture hyperlink to your avatar
I gave you fair warning! Now I am going to make a fool of myself in front of everybody! >:( Feel the ANGST! >:(

Offline TheSkyTraveller

• Of the Interstice
  • Monster adventures on the high seas!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 05:26:43 AM »
Hehehe...

I think i remmber Walter saying that his program that runs the chat bbs is kinda old and he it too "lazy" to replace it. There is no way right now to get your own picture as your avatar unless you do what scarface said, and thats to load your own picture at the right sized into your own website, and linking the picture hyperlink to your avatar

You can also use a free image host site, which will let you upload your images the same way without having to have web space.  I've been using one called photobucket.com.
A Question
A voice said, Look me in the stars
And tell me truly, men of earth,
If all the soul-and-body scars
Were not too much to pay for birth.
-Robert Frost-

Offline Bill

• Of the Interstice
  • Daydreaming....
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 09:56:09 PM »
[/center]
How about using the one I made for you? Ungrateful little shit.
When I find a place that'll reliably host the pic, I'll use it. Geocities just doesn't cut it.

I've been using one called photobucket.com.
Might try that.
Fairy tales are more than true -
not because they tell us dragons exist,
but because they tell us dragons can be beaten.

--G.K. Chesterton

Offline Woraug

• Of the Interstice
  • A credit to dementia
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 10:38:33 PM »
Photo bucket works pretty good, but i'de give it another month before it shuts down.  (They always do that when I sign up)