First episode of tv series/manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anime Eric

I'm a llama!
On the tv show it opens in the bar with some guys coming into a bar and mistreating some lady. Well one of the bartenders says something like, " All these bad things have happened ... since Griffith became king. " And I was wondering, where the manga currently stands (VOL. 27?) ...is that before or after this event? I cant recall Griffith ever becoming a king... =| However, Gutsu is alone and is called ' The Black Swordsman' which leads me to believe it occured in his 2 year absense by which he walked without Caska, and the others...can someone clarify?

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well if you have seen the manga then you know they are not the same seeing how it is supposed to be Puck there instead of the little girl. It was just a shitty dialogue they decided to put in there. There are no facts about it, just take it as that. :-X

the thought had crossed my mind that it was a bad dialogue translation as the fan sub i saw wasnt great, but i thought it might have been possible that that the words of griffith being king were true.

afterall only several years ago was it official that griffith in the manga was going to follow his original plan of taking his country, i am not sure if that was said before or after the anime had finished (im guessing after) but that aside they could have made the anime reality where within 2 years of the eclipse he had already took midland for his own.

in the translation of when they are talking about it the japanese dialogue definitely has "midland" and "griffith" so i wouldnt be too surprised.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Dude, just look at the First manga, it doesnt say anything about Griffith being King in there. It's just what they had to put in there since they did not introduce Puck or some of the other people. :-*

yeah i know it didn't which is why its weird, usually things in the anime were changed for time reasons, but if it was true than what would the point be? in the manga guts didnt pick up the behelit when he had his fight with the snake baron rather then the count, little things were different so i wouldnt be surprised.

i cant understand the japanese language that well but i can at least pick up on words, and they are speaking of griffith at the time they are talking about midland, what was he saying then if not that?

lye

Nihilist!
i just thought that the people who made the anime put it in there to foreshadow or something, but then again the part where guts sees femto and screams ''griffith" had the same effect.
i remember wondering about it to, but then i read the manga, and dont really care anymore.
i think it was just a mistake, but who knows.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Anime Eric said:
On the tv show it opens in the bar with some guys coming into a bar and mistreating some lady. Well one of the bartenders says something like, " All these bad things have happened ... since Griffith became king. " And I was wondering, where the manga currently stands (VOL. 27?) ...is that before or after this event? I cant recall Griffith ever becoming a king... =| However, Guts is alone and is called ' The Black Swordsman' which leads me to believe it occured in his 2 year absense by which he walked without Caska, and the others...can someone clarify?

The anime and manga are different from each other in at least details like these.

-Griffith never becomes a king (or at least not by that point, I'm no fortuneteller ;D ), that was just some weird slip up or something. I don't know why that was put in.

-The lady (Colette) was used as a relacement for Puck in this scene, since he was omitted from the anime completely. She does make an appearance in the manga, but not in the bar.

Most likely this did occur in Guts' two year absence, although I couldn't give you exact times or anything. Berserk switches over from flashback mode at around Volume 14 with the Lost Children Arc, so the current manga releases are after the "bar event" of Volume/Episode 1. At this point in time, Griffith is still not a king, but he's certainly on his way there. =)

P

PsychoJavexx

Well, I think it was stupid to put in there. I asked the same question a long time ago, but I don't think anybody responded to it.

Anyway, it's just there to give a sort of "end" to the anime series. You see Guts scream, you see him walk out of Godo's door, and it goes back to the first episode, explaining why he's hunting down Apostles, and why he hates Griffith so much. That statement was made to show just how "evil" Griffith is.

kimchan said:
-The lady (Colette) was used as a relacement for Puck in this scene, since he was omitted from the anime completely. She does make an appearance in the manga, but not in the bar.

Was she was the daughter of the monk? But eventually got killed?

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
PsychoJavexx said:
Well, I think it was stupid to put in there. I asked the same question a long time ago, but I don't think anybody responded to it.
Yes, either myself or Olivier have responded to this question several, several times. The inclusion of "Griffith as King" is a kind of typo that Studio VAP decided to throw in by themselves, without Miura's approval. He was upset after this.

It has no bearing on the series, for it is NOT CANON.

kimchan

"Should I be overcome by the vapors?
Oh, I think it is... ;) (pay special attention to the bold)

From http://www.dictionary.com:

Canon: can·on
n.
An ecclesiastical law or code of laws established by a church council.
A secular law, rule, or code of law.

An established principle: the canons of polite society.
A basis for judgment; a standard or criterion.
The books of the Bible officially accepted as Holy Scripture.

It's all in the spelling.

incorrect,

in this sitruation i would be wrong about you if i said "jumbo weiner" ;D

but alas, i think the only thing they should have done different is put a disclaimer at the end of the series,

like : This series comes from the Japanese manga Berserk, to learn more than you could ever imagine and imerse yourself in a story you could never dream of, pick up the copies of Berserk, and by the way, have a nice day. :D

- c ;D

ps. by the way, eddie, dont be mad,dont hate the playa, hate the game ;) or you could hate....... nevermind ;D

Walter

Administrator
Staff member
Great, another example of the topic being answered, me forgetting to lock it, and thehawk embassy kids shitting all over the floor. Thanks again, guys!

lock.gif

LOCKED FOR 19 MILLENNIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom