Happy (Early) Valentines Day!

L

loudchai

I get excited for Valentine's Day because I like getting chocolate and stuffed animals that are fuzzy and makes noise. It must be that girl type thing that comes out around this time.

But for whatever reason, I finally got around to doing some Berserk work. I just started a new semester so things are like "BLARGH!". Luckily, I have a Griffith keychain that I can play with during Trig to keep me going! Woo!

slancolor.jpg

I like Slan. And I like the fact I half assed that heart. It makes me feel better inside. Her hair is...messed up. YOU try it. It's hard. Sort of.

At any rate, Happy (Early) Valentine's Day, Possums.

SaiyajinNoOuji

I'm still better than you
Well for the Valentine spirit, I also made something as you can see for my new Avatar! hehehe, but nice drawing! I dig slann, maybe I can make my girlfriend dress up like her! ANd she can hit me with her bat wings or something.... anyways! I like it! ;D

Uriel

This journey isn't ov--AARGH!
Most gals like a Cloud Strife or Kakashi plushie, but Slann's the only girl alive with "The Idea" plushie. God never looked so cute :p

This is a great piece of work though, I gotta print it out and give it to my girlfriend ^_~

Serpico

Farnese is the bomb diggity
hehe nice, I very much like the way you colored it. If I was not so busy I would do Valentine pic od Serpico and Farnese. Maybe he would give her a burning heart on a stick.

L

loudchai

Serpico said:
hehe nice, I very much like the way you colored it. If I was not so busy I would do Valentine pic od Serpico and Farnese. Maybe he would give her a burning heart on a stick.

Oh god! I have to see that! That would bring me so much joy.

Serpico

loudchai said:
Oh god! I have to see that! That would bring me so much joy.

Which part :)? any Serpico and Farnese Valentine or with the burning heart hehe, still 5 days, maybe I can get around to it or maybe make it a little (late).

Serpico said:
Which part :)? any Serpico and Farnese Valentine or with the burning heart hehe, still 5 days, maybe I can get around to it or maybe make it a little (late).

Hehe... make it as violent as possible, only then we wont miss the specialty of what is
Berserk famous for..

Serpico

Forgive me this is very rushed and messy ::) I don't know how to CG good flames really at the moment either. But since it is more of a joking pic I did't worry about that stuff. I prefer Farnese with her cute short hair, but that wouldnt make sense for this. I will finish my doujinshi of them in a few months, It is drawn much better :p
valentine5.jpg

also I'm not sure what you meant by make it violent. Not sure how to go about that anyway

Kart

Resident /b/tard
ok, You're missing alot of anatomy, if it was rushed even so i'll post this, although i'm not much better i'm just tryin to help.

Foreshorting? his arm is coming at us right? it's shortend, not elongated.

his chest? upper body? reaching accross it, i would think most people would turn.

his head looks as if you tried but could not accomplish a 3/4's view (is this the correct term?) and was simple givin up on and givin a bad tilt.

in all the pictures i've seen by you characters are slanted, they are all slightly leaning..weightless, study anatomy and you'll learn to give your characters some weight.

but anyone correct me if anything I said was wrong, i'm just learning this now.

valentine5.jpg

Serpico

Thank you Kart, but it is just a fast (20min) joke type pic ^^; not really worth critiquing. I was looking back and forth to reference the details on those holy iron chains outfits the whole time and not paying much attention. I didnt plan or wireframe the poses at all.

I agree with most of your critique though, except about Serpico's head and face. It is drawn basically just as I wanted it to be. I think you have a pretty good eye for art though and I would like to see your work.

I'll post something drawn at a higher level later but mostly all I have now is nude type pics of just Farnese :) The anatomy is very good and she looks much much cuter.

I am working on this pic of Roshinu as a schoolgirl though. I might post that soon. Probably spend a few hours to finish drawing and CG it properly since I like the idea.

Serpico

Smith said:
Yeah... but the heart look as if it was from a rodent

haha, well I knew i could not compete with that big beautifull heart that loudchai made :eek:, so I just did the quick version. I kind of wanted to do a staked body in the background with a hole poked in the chest to show where he got it, but I have about 3 art trades I have to finish.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
Smith said:
Yeah... but the heart look as if it was from a rodent

Actually, the size of the heart is pretty accurate in proportion to Farneze's body. While loudchai's image is cool, the heart Slann's got is huge; it looks like she took it from a cow or something! :D

Kart said:
ok, You're missing alot of anatomy, if it was rushed even so i'll post this, although i'm not much better i'm just tryin to help.

Foreshorting? his arm is coming at us right? it's shortend, not elongated.

his chest? upper body? reaching accross it, i would think most people would turn.

his head looks as if you tried but could not accomplish a 3/4's view (is this the correct term?) and was simple givin up on and givin a bad tilt.

in all the pictures i've seen by you characters are slanted, they are all slightly leaning..weightless, study anatomy and you'll learn to give your characters some weight.

but anyone correct me if anything I said was wrong, i'm just learning this now.

Damn, man, it's like you have a personal vendetta against Serpico's artwork! :D
Seriously though, I agree that Serpico's pose would make more sense if he was slightly turned towards Farnese while he's offering the heart, but since he's offering it to her, there's no reason his arm should be coming towards us, so the foreshortening you were talking about would be unecessary. I think Serpico's foreshortening abilities are pretty good; check out the hand anatomy thread.

L

loudchai

TheSkyTraveller said:
Actually, the size of the heart is pretty accurate in proportion to Farneze's body. While loudchai's image is cool, the heart Slann's got is huge; it looks like she took it from a cow or something! :D

I know. But I'm just saying she got it from some sort of big demon-y minion. I mean, Slan wouldn't hang out around with mortal folks just to tear out hearts. Even she wouldn't stoop that low. She's got godhand work. Like burning firstborns and twisting desntinies. :3

Serpico

loudchai said:
I know. But I'm just saying she got it from some sort of big demon-y minion. I mean, Slan wouldn't hang out around with mortal folks just to tear out hearts. Even she wouldn't stoop that low. She's got godhand work. Like burning firstborns and twisting desntinies. :3

I assumed from the background that she had plucked it out from some kind of beast, I think it is obvious ;).

I was giving Kart the benifit of the doubt that he just really likes critiquing artwork, and does not have a vendetta against mine. But ya if you look in the other thread, I do know how to foreshorten thanks. Roshinu is looking good, though I might just send it to specific ppl since if I am proud of this one, I don't want anyone to scribble on it, hehe.

Serpico

Kart said:
no vendetta yet, just saying the pose looks extremely awkward to me.

Kart if you can make something better in 20 min without erasing or re-drawing anything I'd be really impressed, especially if you are having to reference details the whole time, but... it might just be more akward than my "extremely awkard" pic. And they are not actually leaning, I just did not set the paper perfectly straight on the scanner.

Even though I don't really want reviews for my fast sloppier pics, I don't mind either, but you never have a single nice thing to say really. All a critique like that will do will is discourage someone. I am not the sensitive type but if I was not sure this pic is not even close to the best of my ability, I probably would've been offeneded. The fact you would even say "extremely awkard" rather than just say say awkward, which is blunt enough as it is, tells me you don't have much experience critiquing or getting critiqued. If you posted your own art, which I am still waiting to see, quite frankly I would never say something like that to you.

Kart

Resident /b/tard
Well i'm not a great artist yet, i'm studying, and drawing constantly but I don't have any finished pieces, and most of my art is done on a digital tablet, because well, it's alot eaiser in the amount of space I have to use the tablet which is 5x4 then try and draw on paper...

and as for not having anything good to say, I can't really say i've liked any of your work as of yet, you have ability, but none of the workappeals to me, i dislike naruto to start with so it's not exactly going to have me giving you words of praise. but once I begin to see my talent improve to the point I begin to produce works worthy of being posted, they will be here.

tho I do not deny your ablity i'm simply offering my opinions to help, if they can, if you dont want them ask and i wont post anything but praise when I Feel it's do.

TheSkyTraveller

Monster adventures on the high seas!
loudchai said:

Ah, I see, the background does look kind of like an occultation. But that's ok because my comment wasn't that serious anyway. =)

Posted by: Kart Posted on: February 14, 2004, 09:17:50 PM Well i'm not a great artist yet, i'm studying, and drawing constantly but I don't have any finished pieces, and most of my art is done on a digital tablet, because well, it's alot eaiser in the amount of space I have to use the tablet which is 5x4 then try and draw on paper...

and as for not having anything good to say, I can't really say i've liked any of your work as of yet, you have ability, but none of the workappeals to me, i dislike naruto to start with so it's not exactly going to have me giving you words of praise. but once I begin to see my talent improve to the point I begin to produce works worthy of being posted, they will be here.

tho I do not deny your ablity i'm simply offering my opinions to help, if they can, if you dont want them ask and i wont post anything but praise when I Feel it's do.

I'm the last person that will say to be nice just for the hell of it when critiquing artwork, even if you feel there are a lot of problems in someone's work. Maybe you just don't like Serpico's style, which is fine, because that's simply a matter of taste. But sometimes you do come on a little strong. ^^;; It's always good to include positive comments along with the negative; it's slightly more encouraging...

Top Bottom