Idea, Causality, and Guts

Lauralana

That's Hot
Hey everyone i am a newbie here and i have a real real big question. I have been getting bits and pieces of what Idea is and what Casuality is and how it all relates to Guts. But can someone PLEASE explain it all as the series penned it, without personal speculations and thoughts!!!! i just really want to know what it all means and get a better hold on the series.

Lliugusamui

around the corner
Re:Idea, Casuality, and Guts

Causality... everything is bound by a relationship of causes and effects. Idea, the God created by man, is the master of this causality. He expresses its will by once perverted humans, the God Hand, but those have no right on the real plan. So it is for Apostles to do the 'evil job' on this plan.
Guts is a struggler. They say SkullKnight is a fish jumping against the flow of causality. Guts, too, has been fighting against fate since his very birth. In this, he's the complete opposite of Griffith, who's have been led by causality to where he now stands.

Don't take it 100% right, I may not been faithfully right enough, dunno. Some should help you too, thus, you'd be able to get what you want.

Guil

Idea is the one that control the fate of all man... GH and Apostle are basically the one that help to accomplish the task...

Not related to the topic: Guil shouldnt you change your avatar? ::)

Lauralana

That's Hot

Wow thanks that really clears things up. but i was also wondering where Guts and Griffith fit in with all of it. Isn't it something like since Guts lived as a child when he should have been dead, he is outside the realm of casuality and idea, and it was that fact that allowed him to live through the eclipse?

Lauralana said:
Isn't it something like since Guts lived as a child when he should have been dead, he is outside the realm of casuality and idea, and it was that fact that allowed him to live through the eclipse?
Why should he have been dead?
Cursed but not dead.

Anyway the curiosity is who is/was behind idea and what's the plan and to know how Skullknight, Guts and GH(and maybe also add Gaiserick and even a wiseman if not allready mentioned) relate, as we are tempted by the blanks and related links of the story so far. And I am afraid that we can only speculate, at least for now.

Lauralana

That's Hot

ya, the worst thing about being a fan of a production that is still in the works is that one can't go out and buy the boxset and be done with it.

Oh and i thought that Guts should have been dead as a child b/c he was born from a dead woman. And also Gambino kept saying that Guts was the one that was supposed to die and not Shisu (ya so i can't spell). But i really don't know much of anything so feel free to correct me.

Aazealh

Administrator
Staff member

Lauralana said:
Isn't it something like since Guts lived as a child when he should have been dead, he is outside the realm of casuality and idea, and it was that fact that allowed him to live through the eclipse?

No, he's in the realm of causality as well as everyone else, and he survived through the eclipse because he struggled, and because Skull Knight saved him.

And the fact that Gambino kept saying he should have been dead doesn't make it the truth, he was born from a hanged woman, that's it.

He is so inherent with the nature of survivor that some times can be stronger than the effects of causality on himself. His soul belongs to the GH but he has even the force to strike against them as you would remember how he striked Griffith after the battle with the count.

Schwabe

*cough*

xechnao said:
He is so inherent with the nature of survivor that some times can be stronger than the effects of causality on himself. His soul belongs to the GH but he has even the force to strike against them as you would remember how he striked Griffith after the battle with the count.

No...he charged griffith in his femento form only to be flung back at swords length from the power of the brand. (combine that with his near death state too though)

Schwabe said:
No...he charged griffith in his femento form only to be flung back at swords length from the power of the brand. (combine that with his near death state too though)

...IMHO he was flung back not by the brand but by some magic invinsible barrier around Phemto(the one that his cannon ball stroke against)
That for the point that he overcame in a way the sealed pact of the brand.

Schwabe

*cough*

xechnao said:
...IMHO he was flung back not by the brand but by some magic invinsible barrier around Phemto(the one that his cannon ball stroke against)
That for the point that he overcame the sealed pact of the brand.

I forgot about the cannon ball's deflection, my take on it was the brand, but I can't argue with you either way though. I really liked that scene.

Top Bottom